• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HotOffTheWire
    RSS Feeds
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

ESPN analyst Mack Brown rips Oregon for handling of Royce Freeman

ESPN’s college football analysts — most notably Mack Brown — ripped into Oregon for the way they handled Royce Freeman, who decided not to play in the Ducks’ bowl game on Saturday.Oregon said days before the bowl game that Freeman, who is a top NFL running back prospect, would not be playing in the Las Vegas Bowl against Boise State, likely to avoid injury risk with his pro future on the line. He’s not the first player to do this, as both Leonard Fournette and Christian McCaffrey did so recently to mixed criticism.But what really struck Brown and studio analyst Booger McFarland as wrong was Oregon allowing Freeman to be on the sidelines and speak to the team pregame with the Ducks huddled up around him.“Well, he’s not part of our team anymore. He decided not to play in the game; I don’t bring him,” Brown said at halftime. “I don’t bring him to the site. I don’t let him be around the bowl. I don’t have him speaking to our team for sure. If he’s on our football team, he’s at home, he’s watching. Because he made

More...
Working...
X
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍