• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

As an outsider looking in, I will just say that I didn't think much of the pick. If you were going offensive playmaker there, then I think McCaffrey was the more dynamic and multi-purpose option there. I think there are going to be wideouts available in the second and third that will be nearly as valuable as Williams. I can name about 5 players I might have taken there over Williams that are very talented players that fit more urgent needs. I would have even taken OJ there with Gates still on the roster. He and Henry would have been an incredible tandem and would have helped create a nice conversion to a ground-pound offense that matches Lynn's philosophy, Gordon's effectiveness, Rivers' diminishing arm strength and cover holes on OL.

That said, I would have picked another top defender to boost the emerging defense. A shutdown D that can get off the field on 3rd can help with any shortcomings that a Rivers-directed offense might have. Teams will regret passing on Jabril Peppers, another player that could have added to the scheme on D. If they didn't see any other players valued at 7 then a trade down and accumulation of picks would have been the better strategy than Williams. None of this is to slight Williams. He's a good player. But I think it's the wrong player at the wrong time for a team that is more than 5 years into the no-trench strategy.

If I were TT I would not pick another offensive player in this draft that isn't an OL.

To me the Williams pick smacks of throwing a bone to Rivers for being the good soldier on the move and a "win for....wait for it....LA" strategy.

Good luck to LA CHAS.

Comment

Working...
    X