• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Millionaire Wussy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

And Donovan Clark was looking good in preseason before he got hurt.
    For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Parcells
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
      It had to be apparent even to Telesco that the oline was a mess and we needed a WR that wasn't a UDFA or CFL guy. He has been trying to fix OL without expending high picks and it was just not working and eating up cap on FA. We probably will need to burn a 1-2 on a Tackle when Okung nears end of contract or sooner if he isn't panning out.
      I've personally always thought that if I was a GM running a team, I would try to spend a first or second round pick on either the O-line or D-line almost every year. I know you can't make it a hard rule because then you eventually pass on good talents when you follow rigid rules, but I feel like those picks have a higher likelihood of success, and it's just so apparent that you can't win without at least being solid in the trenches.

Tom Brady is probably the GOAT QB at this point, and while he's amazing, he's never had a subpar O-line. 15+ years and that line has always done a solid job in pass protection. Run blocking is a little more iffy, but he has always had time. Same thing for Peyton by and large.

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
        I've personally always thought that if I was a GM running a team, I would try to spend a first or second round pick on either the O-line or D-line almost every year. I know you can't make it a hard rule because then you eventually pass on good talents when you follow rigid rules, but I feel like those picks have a higher likelihood of success, and it's just so apparent that you can't win without at least being solid in the trenches.

Tom Brady is probably the GOAT QB at this point, and while he's amazing, he's never had a subpar O-line. 15+ years and that line has always done a solid job in pass protection. Run blocking is a little more iffy, but he has always had time. Same thing for Peyton by and large.
        Agree about your general point, but not sure the patriots are a good example. The interior of their offensive line includes a late third rounder, a fourth rounder, and an undrafted free agent. Since 2010, they've spent one pick in the first two rounds on offensive line.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Dante Scarnecchia is given most of the credit for the OL's in NE. Hes a legend there.

Comment

Working...
          X