• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

I had him in the 2rd round. Hes an easy slot corner as well as FS.

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Comment

• bonehead
        Undrafted
        • Jul 2013
        • TBD
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
        Why did he drop?
        Measurables.......but look out for the intangibles
        Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I'm thinking not a bunch of tape on him in the 2016, because they avoided his side. I hope he's not on a plateau.

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

In the fifth round, the Chargers took another defensive back, Desmond King, a former Iowa cornerback who profiles as both a zone-oriented corner and a strong safety.

King is an astute player who, similar to Chargers cornerback Casey Hayward, is adept at reading routes and patterns.

He finds the ball.

After amassing 29 intereceptions for his Michigan high school, he had 14 career interceptions. His eight pickoffs as a junior in 2015 tied the Iowa record.

King is an efficient tackler, with only 11 missed tackles in 176 attempts, per Pro Football Focus.

He has good agility, but subpar long speed, clocking 4.60 in the 40-yard dash at his Pro Day after declining to run at the NFL Scouting Combine.

A candidate to back up the injury-prone Jahleel Addae at strong safety, King also may work at multiple corner spots in Bradley’s scheme.

-Krasovic

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

He didn't run the 40 at the combine, and clocked 4.6 at his pro day.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

The only thing that could take me away from the draft is setting up a new grill. Well that and the Eagle fan circus this whole production is. Lame.

But i finished setting up the grill and saw Mayock or one of the analysts talking about King and i figured someone else took him. I didnt think we were already in the 5th. So after i ran the grill for a little while to season the grill i wondered if maybe we swung a trade. I went to see who took him and i started with all the players drafted after him. Then i saw Desmond King next to the Bolts. I have wanted King since my early mocks. I had him mocked to us in the 3rd.

Seeing that he was a bolt was the highlight of my draft. This was an amazing draft.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                  Fluent in Sarcasm
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Iowa
                  • Man of the People
                  • Send PM

In case you all haven't gathered already I love this pick. Would have been happy with him in the 3rd or 4th. No idea why he fell. If he'd came out last year he likely would have been a 1st or 2nd rounder. He had a down senior season production wise because teams were avoiding him. Solid tackler, really good ball skills, scheme versatile, position versatile. I think he has Micah Hyde type potential. Starting FS/Nickel and has return ability/experience. Honestly think this could be the steal of the draft. Another 5th round home run by TT.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                    The only thing that could take me away from the draft is setting up a new grill. Well that and the Eagle fan circus this whole production is. Lame.

But i finished setting up the grill and saw Mayock or one of the analysts talking about King and i figured someone else took him. I didnt think we were already in the 5th. So after i ran the grill for a little while to season the grill i wondered if maybe we swung a trade. I went to see who took him and i started with all the players drafted after him. Then i saw Desmond King next to the Bolts. I have wanted King wince my early mocks. I had him mocked to us in the 3rd.

Seeing that he was a bolt was the highlight of my draft. This was an amazing draft.

This is going to be a good team. Not a lot of weaknesses.
                    For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Player comparison: Logan Ryan, Tennessee Titans
                      NFL COMPARISON Jairus Byrd
                      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                          Fluent in Sarcasm
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Iowa
                          • Man of the People
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                          He didn't run the 40 at the combine, and clocked 4.6 at his pro day.
                          Doesn't have great top speed but he plays faster and is always in a good position to make plays, also takes good angles. His short area quickness is above average.

Comment

Working...
                          X