• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Just gut feel, I think Ekeler and Scott could make this team.

Comment

• Blue Thunder
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Arlington, TX
      • Send PM

I have to admit - that kick was pretty Koo!

Comment

• Boltdog
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Lunar Surface
        • Nutrition Consultant
        • Send PM

Wonder if Koo would be allowed to use that technique in a game, so we could have an extra blocker on the line instead of a holder....
        Fighting for Carson...and Wilmington...ity:

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

The kicker is pretty cool but that running back (Eckeler?) is exciting! I almost don't want him to play any preseason games. I want him healthy.
          For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by CTrout View Post
            TE Sean Culkin – Missouri
            A massive 6-6, 245-pound tight end, Culkin caught 24 passes as a senior a year ago for Mizzou. Overall, he totaled 61 catches for 601 yards and a pair of TDs over 48 games for the Tigers.

C Dillon Deboer – Florida Atlantic
            The versatile Deboer saw time at tackle, guard and center during his career at Florida Atlantic. As a result, he was voted the team’s Offensive MVP while also being named to the Conference USA Honorable Mention Team.

CB Michael Davis – BYU
            The Glendale, CA native boasts impressive size with a 6-2, 196-pound frame. He started seven games last season for the Cougars, notching 23 tackles and 2.5 tackles for loss.

RB Austin Ekeler – Western State
            Ekeler’s breakout year came two years ago in 2015, when he lead Division II and the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference in all-purpose yards per game with 203.9 and scoring as a junior.

LB Nigel Harris – South Florida
            The 6-0, 225-pounder posted a career-high 78 tackles and team-leading 9.5 tackles for loss last year for the Bulls. Overall, he totaled 232 tackles, 27 tackles for loss, eight forced fumbles, 5.5 sacks and three interceptions over his four years at South Florida.

QB Eli Jenkins – Jacksonville State
            A 6-2, 210-pound dual-threat quarterback, Jenkins completed 155 of 311 passes last year for 2,107 yards and 11 touchdowns. He also carried the rock 175 times for 984 yards and another 13 touchdowns. Jenkins’ longest completion last season went for 76 yards while his longest run also went for 76.

K Younghoe Koo – Georgia Southern
            Koo became the school’s first FBS All-American, earning third-team honors from Phil Steele. He was a first-team All-Sun Belt pick, ranking second in the country last year in field goal percentage as he connected on 19 of 20 attempts. Overall, Koo set a new school record for career field goal percentage as he connected on 31 of 35 attempts (88.6%).

LB Mike Moore – Kansas State
            Praised for his non-stop motor, Moore appeared in 49 career games for the Wildcats with 16 straight starts to end his career. A feel good story, he underwent a procedure to remove a brain tumor after his first game of 2014 that allowed him to continue his football career. He is fresh off a season in which he ranked second on the team with 75 tackles, including four tackles for loss and three fumble recoveries.

LB James Onwualu – Notre Dame
            A highly regarded playmaker and team captain for the Fighting Irish, the 6-1, 232-pounder was a former wide receiver who made the switch to defense following his freshman year. He set career-highs last season with 76 tackles and 11.5 tackles for loss while also chipping in with three sacks.

WR Andre Patton – Rutgers
            A big 6-3, 210-pound target, Patton caught 33 passes for 460 yards last season as a senior for the Scarlet Knights. His five receiving scores led the team and ranked ninth in the Big Ten. He leaves Rutgers with 90 catches for 1,164 yards and 10 touchdowns in 44 career games.

WR Artavis Scott – Clemson
            First round pick Mike Williams’ bookend at Clemson is joining him in Los Angeles. Scott burst onto the scene in 2014 as a Freshman All-American, catching 76 balls his first season for 965 yards and eight touchdowns. He followed that up with a monster season in 2015, earning first-team All-ACC honors as he caught 93 passes for 901 yards and six touchdowns. Scott played a key role in Clemson’s national championship team last year, hauling in 76 passes for 614 yards and five TDs.

CB Brad Watson – Wake Forest
            A 6-0, 200-pound cornerback, Watson broke out with a monster 2015 campaign in which he set career-highs with 72 tackles for loss and 16 passes defensed. Overall, he totaled 161 tackles, 26 passes defensed, four interceptions and three forced fumbles in 49 career games.

WR Dontre Wilson – Ohio State
            The Buckeye appeared in 45 games with eight starts during his tenure at Ohio State. He ranks 23rd all-time at Ohio State with 2,876 all-purpose yards, including 1,280 kickoff return yards that rank fifth in school history.

T Mason Zandi – South Carolina
            The intimidating 6-9, 315-pound tackle started every game at left tackle as a senior last season. Overall, he appeared in 49 games with 24 starts during his career with the Gamecocks.

Chargers.com
            Add this guy and that makes 15:

CB Brandon Stewart – Kansas

The 6-0, 171-pound cornerback started 21 of 22 games he appeared in for the Jayhawks. He totalled three interceptions and eight passes defensed a year ago as a senior, including a 55-year pick-six.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I remember Artavis from Wild Wild West!
              Go Rivers!

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                I remember Artavis from Wild Wild West!
                I thought that was Artimus. You're probably right though. haha

Comment

• chargerkdb
                  Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                  Add this guy and that makes 15:

CB Brandon Stewart – Kansas

The 6-0, 171-pound cornerback started 21 of 22 games he appeared in for the Jayhawks. He totalled three interceptions and eight passes defensed a year ago as a senior, including a 55-year pick-six.
                  Damn how slow was his 40?

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

As someone mentioned earlier, we've had a few players agree to terms in previous years only to change their mind and sign elsewhere. I'm wondering when the signing deadline is for these UFA's. Anyone know? Ekeler is the dude I want signed.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I think they actually sign on the first or second day of rookie mini-camp. I remember a few jokers posted that they were going to the Chargers, but never made it, or were just there for a tryout. It would be nice to actually have an open rookie minicamp like they did last season, but the moving vans already have been seen.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Last edited by Bolt-O; 04-29-2017, 07:17 PM.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

The Chargers have the biggest class of UDFAs at 15, next largest are the Pats at 11. Subject to change.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍