• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Antonio's Gates
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
    You just cant go around blowing out 3rd and 4th rounders after one season. I saw it mentioned that Tuerk is probably a goner as well. There is something to be said about developing players you draft. If you spend a 3rd on a guy and after one season if you think its a bad pick thats more on TT than it is the player. I just cant see those 2 guys getting cut already.

Meh, fourth rounders get the early axe a lot, or at least enough times to where it's a realistic possibility. If Perry isn't a fit, no need to keep him around.

I don't know where the Tuerk stuff is coming from. I'm fairly confident the team will stay patient with him. They knew what they were getting into.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post
      Meh, fourth rounders get the early axe a lot, or at least enough times to where it's a realistic possibility. If Perry isn't a fit, no need to keep him around.

I don't know where the Tuerk stuff is coming from. I'm fairly confident the team will stay patient with him. They knew what they were getting into.
      Perry is more of a fit in our new system than he is a 34. He was a weakside OLB for OSU and very productive. He was good at filling the gap and stuffing lanes. He will be an asset he just needs to develop. TT has to be thinking he will do better in this new offense. Wether its the Under or Traditional he will recognize the language and it should just be more natural for him. Id be shocked if he were let go this year. But ill eat crow if he is.

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
        Perry is more of a fit in our new system than he is a 34. He was a weakside OLB for OSU and very productive. He was good at filling the gap and stuffing lanes. He will be an asset he just needs to develop. TT has to be thinking he will do better in this new offense. Wether its the Under or Traditional he will recognize the language and it should just be more natural for him. Id be shocked if he were let go this year. But ill eat crow if he is.
        Yeah, Perry probably will get at least another season. Dzubnar is a much bigger candidate to get cut. Nortee Dame guy or Nigel Harris will make it imo

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Yeah Dzubnar would be my guess to make room for Onwualu. I read that he was really sought after by teams after the draft. I wonder if he got a small bonus. Hes just raw. Only has a few years of LB experience after going to school to play WR. Still learning.

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I could see mccoil moving to LB as well. Profiles well there under Bradley and could give him the best chance to make the team. With Jenkins and King added, the safety group has gotten crowded.

Comment

• bonehead
              Undrafted
              • Jul 2013
              • TBD
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Forgot about McCoil... his "hybrid" status could make him a great fit for Bradleys system
              Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Dzubnar has been solid for this team. I hope he makes it again. I like him more than Perry.

That said, this is a new coaching staff with new schemes, there will be player changes.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Asela
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2014
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
                  While i agree Ekelers competition did not look great he definitely refused to go down easily and displayed speed and quickness you look for. If he is coachable i think he has a resl shot at a roster spot with Danny gone.
                  Yeah you could see some skills useful at the NFL level. Seemed like he had good anticipation of tacklers in the hole and in the open field to elude and break away. But his speed at that level probably meant defenders taking poor angles as well, unexpecting his speed. His hands seemed quite good. I wonder if he can handle punts and KOs.

The last part of the clip for the long TD. Wasn't that Vincent Jackson's old school? Colorado Mines something [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Ekeler is the only rb the abolish brought in, yeah, he has a shot.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                      Ekeler is the only rb the abolish brought in, yeah, he has a shot.
                      Who's spot does he take though?

Gordon
                      Williams
                      Oliver
                      Barner
                      Farrow

Have to think three, maybe four will be carried. if Ekeler can show out on special teams, he's got a chance, but I think Oliver, Andre, and Barner have a pretty solid chance of being on the team.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Lynn stated that Barner was the returner. Im wondering with King now drafted if that changes. I assumed Barner was going to be given some of those Woody plays.

It may come down to a battle between Barner and Ekeler.

Im also expecting some decent RBs to be released by teams who drafted RBs. I like guys like Alfred Blue. Maybe Jeremy Hill or Bernard.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post
                          Who's spot does he take though?

Gordon
                          Williams
                          Oliver
                          Barner
                          Farrow

Have to think three, maybe four will be carried. if Ekeler can show out on special teams, he's got a chance, but I think Oliver, Andre, and Barner have a pretty solid chance of being on the team.

Good point. You have to have a rb on the PS, he would fit there because it's a long jump up in competition for him.

It's hard to believe they didn't bring in at least one banger. Maybe a former pro is out there somewhere to sign.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X