• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

UFDA Eli Jenkins, QB, Jacksonville St.

Shortly following the conclusion of the 2017 National Football League Draft on Saturday, former Jacksonville State quarterback Eli Jenkins announced he had signed with the Los Angeles Chargers as an undrafted free agent.

Jenkins, a 6-foot-2 quarterback from Birmingham, joins the newly-branded Golden State squad as the fourth signal caller on roster. He is set to be reunited with former Gamecock linebacker Chris Landrum who is entering his second professional season. Landrum was signed by the Chargers in May 2016.

Jenkins earned All-America honors in three seasons as JSU's quarterback, including First Team honors in both his junior and senior seasons. He never saw his team lose a regular season game to a non-FBS opponent and was 25-0 in his career as the starting quarterback in OVC games. He guided JSU to three-straight league championships and an unprecedented three-straight perfect seasons in conference play.

His senior season in 2016 saw Jenkins become the first player since Tony Romo in 2002 to claim back-to-back Ohio Valley Conference Offensive Player of the Year Awards. He also became the OVC's first three-time first-team all-conference quarterback since Romo did it from 2000-02.

Jenkins exited as the program's career leader in total offense with 11,448 yards, the second-most in OVC history. His 3,796 career rushing yards are second in school history and the seventh-most by a quarterback in FCS history.

In 2016, he was second in the OVC with 984 rushing yards, while also ranking second in total offense with over 257 yards per game. He was deemed the 2015 OVC Male Athlete of the Year, making him the first player in JSU history to win the award. The Gamecocks advance to the NCAA Division I Championship Game that season, becoming the first OVC team to play for the national title since 1982.
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Damn, I like that video of QB Jenkins, until I realized it all was from the pistol, so now I have questions. Anyway, big, can throw on a rollout, and he's a true dual threat (and a catch for a TD)

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

UFDA Eli Jenkins, QB, Jacksonville St.

This guy is definitely ahead of Bercovici...

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

draft profile:

Hall of Football is owned and operated by The Sports Xchange (TSX) which has provided news, analysis and research for fans and professionals since 1987.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • SoDak
              • Technology Director
              • Send PM

He's a good player. But he's a dual threat guy. And they ran that spread stuff, and I'm pretty sure they were uptempo.

They played NDSU in the championship game in 15.

He's talented for sure, but will need experience in a pro offense. And the defenses in their conference are Horrible!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
              "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

50% completion average for 13.6 yds per completion for 2016. There are some full length videos, so when someone is bored, they could analyze his anticipation, and decision making. It looked like he got the ball out quickly, but yeah, high tempo O. The Auburn video didn't show how Auburn got the ball back after they fumbled it deep in JSU's territory late, and ultimately Auburn won in OT.

Still, Lynn might see "Tyrod Taylor" and make him the backup, for a run heavy O.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

You can't make it as a pro with 50% completion rate. Inaccurate or drops? Looks like a camp arm to me.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I'm not all that impressed. I think TT made the right choice, I think next years draft class will be far better
                    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Boltdog
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Lunar Surface
                      • Nutrition Consultant
                      • Send PM

Shades of JaJuan Seider--Camp arm...
                      Fighting for Carson...and Wilmington...ity:

Comment

• Geezbolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Sun Valley, ID
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                        I think TT made the right choice, I think next years draft class will be far better
                        Agree completely. Many felt even the top three QB's drafted this year were not Round 1 talents in an average QB year. Next year looks to have much more talent at the position.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍