Clear All
  • Bearded14YourPleasure
    Fluent in Sarcasm
    • Jun 2013
    • Iowa
    • Man of the People
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Attack View Post
    The issue that has been raised with Allen is his accuracy. Not sure that accuracy is something that can be improved, if his arm strength is adequate now.
    Accuracy is usually an issue of mechanics. Definitely something that can be worked on. The other issue with Allen is coming from a "lesser" program. He has the measurables and reportedly pretty good intangibles but seems like the perfect candidate to sit behind Rivers and soak up the pro game for a couple years.

Comment

• CTrout
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I'm not big on the "grooming" for the future thing..only because it never really works. Aaron Rodgers replaced Farve and Brady stepped in for Bledsoe ( although I doubt that was truly their plan) but other then that when has a franchise QB been immediately replaced by the "groomed" young QB?

Perhaps there is more but I can't think of any...

Comment

• Attack
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by CTrout View Post
        I'm not big on the "grooming" for the future thing..only because it never really works. Aaron Rodgers replaced Farve and Brady stepped in for Bledsoe ( although I doubt that was truly their plan) but other then that when has a franchise QB been immediately replaced by the "groomed" young QB?

Perhaps there is more but I can't think of any...
        Agree. Coaching up a QB's abilities or shortcomings to get them to be franchise players isn't something that we see often in the league. I think a QB either has it or he doesn't, and while it usually takes a young QB a few yrs of playing before being proficient, it's seems that it's more catching up to the speed/timing of the game and reading defenses than anything. Don't get me wrong, I think all QBs can improve technically by tweaking footwork, etc. I can't think of many instances, either, where the plan was to have a young QB in waiting sitting behind the vet QB for a few years, getting ready to take over. A few other examples maybe- Romo, Garoppolo (who knows how good he'll be)?

Comment

Working...
        X