• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rikardo
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Who would you have drafted?

Knowing al the picks now, no trades allowed, who are your 7 picks?
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Christian McCaffrey, RB

Obi Melifonwu, S,
    Last edited by Stinky Wizzleteats+; 05-01-2017, 10:43 AM.
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Tarik Cohen, RB

And he was taken a round early by the Bears who didn't want to miss him.

Ah, and watch this video, nobody can do this either.

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.
      Last edited by Formula 21; 05-01-2017, 10:56 AM.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

I think the Feeney/Lamp picks were perfect. Best potential RT in the draft. Maybe even Left Tackle. Despite his projection to OG. In this draft he may have been the best OT. Feeney was a steal and a huge need. So theoretically we get the best OG and best RT. Lamp was easily the most successful and dominant OT in the draft. Competition was the concern i guess. Short arms which is a lame argument. He dominated good competition.

So if i take Hooker at 7 and then keep the 2 OL picks i would have most likely looked at WR in the 4th. Only thing is there was none. So getting the best WR in the draft by many at #7 looks like TT did an amazing job of predicting how the draft would play out. They clearly performed many simulations. Thats what impressed me the most. Its as if they knew how the draft would play out and knew what players to take right before that position went on a run.

I would have taken King in the 4th most likely if i had drafted Williams/Lamp and Feeney. 4th round for me would have been a fail had i gone Hooker at 7. I just wouldn't have gotten a WR. After watching Jenkins film and his practice tape from the senior bowl you can see that he may have a legit chance at covering TEs. And we face a ton this season. Most of them studs. Covering the TE has been a big problem for us. Jenkins might be the guy to perform that task.

But i probably would have drafted this way. And im glad TT was the one making the calls. Im not a fan of the Tevi pick though.

1. Hooker FS
        2. Lamp OT/OG
        3. Chris Godwin WR
        4. Samaje Perine RB
        5. Issac Asiata OG
        6. Vince Taylor DT
        7. Ejuan Price LB/DE

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Based on available at the pick.

1. Jonathan Allen, DL
          2. Forrest Lamp, OL
          3. Dan Feeney, OL
          4. Desmond King, DB
          5. Nathan Peterman, QB
          6. A RB, or an OL not named Tevi
          7. Isaac Rochell, DI
          Last edited by Bolt-O; 05-01-2017, 11:12 AM.

Comment

• X-man
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Taking the olineman and the safeties/nickel cb was a no brainer to me and I'm glad that telesco ended up losing out on trading up in the 2nd rounder otherwise we might
            have lost out on some of them. I understand and liked most of the picks from rounds 2-7 because they filled major needs. Again nothing against Mike Williams, but round 1 was a major disappointment when talents like J Allen, Derek Barnett, Malik Hooker, and M Lattimore were still available. I understand Keenan Allen is very talented China doll, but I'll say it again...Rivers has shown he can work with the talent he has around and even ascend them. Even further, without woodhead and Allen last year...chargers still had plenty of weapons to provide a formidable offense. I was hoping (if it worked out like last year with Bosa) for the chance to ascend the defense to another level with one of those type of players...but who knows maybe just by adding Gus Bradley and now that he can exclusively focus on what he previously excelled at...the defense will still be able to take their promise of last year and ascend to another level.
            Last edited by X-man; 05-01-2017, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

With Adams off the board I think I would go with Williams over Hooker. Love what he brings to the O.
              1 WR Mike Williams
              2 OL Forrest Lamp
              Without a doubt!
              3 OL Dan Feeney
              Looking around at Qualls and maybe even Desmond King here, but I love the Feeney pick too, gotta go with that. Telesco killed it.

With have to do my day 3 picks tomorrow, but I already know I would take King in the 4th not the 5th.
              Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
              sigpic

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Best pick for value - Lamp. A coup.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Attack
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2017
                  • Send PM

With the #7 pick, would have preferred Jonathan Allen or Derek Barnett to continue to build up the defense. Rivers and the offense had good enough production with the skill position players on the field last year, and are getting many of the missing players back this year. The defense couldn't hold a lead, and like Telesco said, the team needs more pass rush production in the 4th quarter. Other than that, I am very happy with the draft. The 6th round pick is a flyer, so we'll see what happens with Tevi, but not going to nitpick on that selection.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                    I think the Feeney/Lamp picks were perfect. Best potential RT in the draft. Maybe even Left Tackle. Despite his projection to OG. In this draft he may have been the best OT. Feeney was a steal and a huge need. So theoretically we get the best OG and best RT. Lamp was easily the most successful and dominant OT in the draft. Competition was the concern i guess. Short arms which is a lame argument. He dominated good competition.

So if i take Hooker at 7 and then keep the 2 OL picks i would have most likely looked at WR in the 4th. Only thing is there was none. So getting the best WR in the draft by many at #7 looks like TT did an amazing job of predicting how the draft would play out. They clearly performed many simulations. Thats what impressed me the most. Its as if they knew how the draft would play out and knew what players to take right before that position went on a run.

I would have taken King in the 4th most likely if i had drafted Williams/Lamp and Feeney. 4th round for me would have been a fail had i gone Hooker at 7. I just wouldn't have gotten a WR. After watching Jenkins film and his practice tape from the senior bowl you can see that he may have a legit chance at covering TEs. And we face a ton this season. Most of them studs. Covering the TE has been a big problem for us. Jenkins might be the guy to perform that task.

But i probably would have drafted this way. And im glad TT was the one making the calls. Im not a fan of the Tevi pick though.

1. Hooker FS
                    2. Lamp OT/OG
                    3. Chris Godwin WR
                    4. Samaje Perine RB
                    5. Issac Asiata OG
                    6. Vince Taylor DT
                    7. Ejuan Price LB/DE
                    I can see us HUGELY regretting not taking Perine in the 4th round. What can I say.
                    For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Millionaire Pussy View Post
                      I can see us HUGELY regretting not taking Perine in the 4th round. What can I say.
                      You may end up liking a physical starting ss more than a backup rb.

But I wanted Perine too. Time will tell.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                        You may end up liking a physical starting ss more than a backup rb.

But I wanted Perine too. Time will tell.
                        I think that's the key phrase ("end up"). For the future it may be a better move to take Jenkins there. But for now we needed Perine more than anyone else. I would have loved to see a Gordon/Perine one-two punch. A lot of power there. I'm hoping Oliver can be that guy who can give us 15 rushes or more if needed. I would have felt better with Perine but it does give me some comfort that our Head Coach - with his running back expertise - didn't threaten all of TT's family to get Perine there. So maybe Oliver really is alright and perhaps even better than alright.
                        For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

Working...
                        X