• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

The Mike Williams Rule

This is from a PFF fantasy article regarding rookie WR's.

• Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Why is Allen moving into the slot?
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
      Fluent in Sarcasm
      • Jun 2013
      • Iowa
      • Man of the People
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
      Why is Allen moving into the slot?
      I'm assuming that's for 3 WR sets. He is the best route runner that we have and gets the most separation on those short routes.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I'd say it's a matchup call. The best DB usually covers an outside receiver but by putting Allen in the slot with a QB like Rivers and receivers like Gates, Tyrell Williams, Henry, Allen and Mike Williams and Gordon running the ball you slapping the DC of the week with a hell of a question on how they want to counter the passing game and if they got db heavy we can run all day.
        Go Rivers!

Comment

• bolts4lyfe
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2017
          • Send PM

Speed doesn't always translate to success, Deandre Hopkins ran a 4.57 (and I believe he's one of the top wr's in the league) Larry Fitz ran a 4.5's same with Boldin and Allen Robinson 4.6, He does need to work on his route running which wasn't him but more of the scheme which looked like they were playing street ball at times, Rivers will get him up to speed sooner rather than later (in the sense, he'll throw him into the right positions)

From things I've read, Williams is an impressive kid who is a "bring your lunch pale to work" type of player who'll come to work and play

Larry Fitzgerald is kind of where his ceiling may be (hopeful at least)

Comment

• foreigner
            Tom Telesco is gone
            • Sep 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by bolts4lyfe View Post
            Speed doesn't always translate to success, Deandre Hopkins ran a 4.57 (and I believe he's one of the top wr's in the league) Larry Fitz ran a 4.5's same with Boldin and Allen Robinson 4.6, He does need to work on his route running which wasn't him but more of the scheme which looked like they were playing street ball at times, Rivers will get him up to speed sooner rather than later (in the sense, he'll throw him into the right positions)

From things I've read, Williams is an impressive kid who is a "bring your lunch pale to work" type of player who'll come to work and play

Larry Fitzgerald is kind of where his ceiling may be (hopeful at least)
            I agree.. Renaldo Nehemiah sucked butt heavily....

Comment

• foreigner
              Tom Telesco is gone
              • Sep 2013
              • Send PM

You know... I dont know If im still a fan.... Im interested yeah... but I fucking hate them so much now... I care sometimes and I truly dont care other times... like right now.. fuck em with an electric cattle prod...

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
                You know... I dont know If im still a fan.... Im interested yeah... but I fucking hate them so much now... I care sometimes and I truly dont care other times... like right now.. fuck em with an electric cattle prod...
                You'll be a fan. Your blood was blue before Dean Spanos. He cant take that away from you.

Comment

• madcaplaughs
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I don't get the whole "Cut Benjamin" thing here. We're going to be a match up nightmare when we go 4 wide.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by madcaplaughs View Post
                    I don't get the whole "Cut Benjamin" thing here. We're going to be a match up nightmare when we go 4 wide.
                    That should be our base O.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                      That should be our base O.
                      I would rather have 21 personnel as base and run the ball down their throats if possible.
                      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                      sigpic

Comment

• bolts4lyfe
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2017
                        • Send PM

Wow

In a civil suit, a Nashville man is accusing Tajae Sharpe of beating him while teammate OG Sebastian Tretola "served as a lookout."
                        The man suing Tajae Sharpe claims Sharpe beat him unconscious after the man "made comments about Sharpe getting less playing time" due to the Titans' selection of Corey Davis.
                        The lawsuit filed by alleged victim Dante Satterfield says "it was understood by all parties that Sharpe was upset by the Titans' selection of Davis." Along with teammate OG Sebastian Tretola, Sharpe allegedly followed Satterfield outside Tin Roof Bar in Nashville, where Satterfield was allegedly "punched in the face to the point of unconsciousness." A passerby saw Satterfield unresponsive on the ground and called 911. To reiterate, no criminal charges have been filed against Sharpe or Tretola, at least not yet.
                        Last edited by bolts4lyfe; 05-10-2017, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X