• Man of the People
    • Send PM

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Baltimore will probably go wr with the pick right before us.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
        Fluent in Sarcasm
        • Jun 2013
        • Iowa
        • Man of the People
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
        Baltimore will probably go wr with the pick right before us.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Agreed. then we get to pick OL in the 2nd before they pick.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Panamamike
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
              Bearded14YourPleasure commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry should have specified, meant Josh Jackson CB out of Iowa. No interest in Lamar. Allen has the tools but absolutely needs to sit and learn, so a couple years behind Rivers is perfect for him as a prospect. If we were in a position where he needed to start next year I wouldn’t want him either.
          • Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Mayfield has that same bust factor. A couple people say he reminds them of Brees but they say he also isn't real accurate with intermidiate and long throws and you need to be able to throw passes into some tight windows or they are going the other way.
            11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
            35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
            37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
            66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
            69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
            100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
            110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
            140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
            181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
            225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st ➡️ 253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
              Mayfield has that same bust factor. A couple people say he reminds them of Brees but they say he also isn't real accurate with intermidiate and long throws and you need to be able to throw passes into some tight windows or they are going the other way.
              I will say he improved his pocket passing a lot this year. I will be disappointed f we draft a Qb in rd 1. With a healthy year next year from Williams and Lamp and hitting on rds 1 and 2 this year could give us a really strong young talent base.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Next year is a push for the Super Bowl. I feel we should bring in players who can contribute right away. And hopefully our #1 is a day one starter and plus contributor.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• bonehead
                  Undrafted
                  • Jul 2013
                  • TBD
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

I will say he improved his pocket passing a lot this year. I will be disappointed f we draft a Qb in rd 1. With a healthy year next year from Williams and Lamp and hitting on rds 1 and 2 this year could give us a really strong young talent base.
                  Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Moving forward right now feels nice, not many teams missed the playoffs due to a kicker lol. Both the O and D should be better next year after the draft, health permitting. Kinda scary.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                      Moving forward right now feels nice, not many teams missed the playoffs due to a kicker lol. Both the O and D should be better next year after the draft, health permitting. Kinda scary.
                      Think about Lamp coming back, Feeney came on played well and should improve, and Hunter Henry was a player under utilized it bows my mind on the options we have next year with teams knowing they want to take Keenan Allen away.

On defense the unsung hero would be Trevor Williams and I think he will improve and work hard to remain the starter, Desmond King showed well and should improve, Philion came on strong just need to cut down on dumb penalties.

So improve all areas of special teams with the exception of Kaser who I thought performed well then we got to be better than this season.. Hopefully Perryman stays healthy and Jatavis Brown plays like he did in his rookie year. So yes with a good draft and a key FA signing we should win our division and be one of the top 3 teams in the AFC, behind the Steelers & Patriots.

Comment

• blueman
                        blueman commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I see those two teams declining rapidly very soon, maybe not next season but then again...
                        Right now the team I fear is the Chiefs, we need a power running attack to get over that hurdle IMO.
                    • Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                      The accuracy thing is true of almost every young QB. Their downfield accuracy will improve as they mature, improve their mechanics and throw those passes over and over. I have some complaints about Mayfield, and I agree, he doesn't have that accuracy yet, but that will come if he has the other traits he needs.

The big thing in my mind is how do you judge how well college QB hold the ball? Can they learn to get rid of the ball much, much quicker and on time in an NFL style offense, rather than a sit back in the pocket and wait and hour while the WR gets open college offense. All the top QB hold the ball too long! Can one or more of them learn how to get rid of it on time and not take hits, sacks and throw late into coverage? That an can they learn to check down to the RB and dump off stuff to get a couple of yards when there is nothing else there?

Comment

Working...
                      X