X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you want to read between the lines, we did interview some potential first or second day linebackers:

http://www.chargers.com/15minutes

Comment

• blueman
      blueman commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! Good read, and yep LB is in the mix.

• chargerkdb
      chargerkdb commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m pretty sure prospect 1 is Edmunds, most of what i’ve seen from local VT beat writers matches the description of feedback from interviews. I’m also pretty sure that prospect 2 is Roquan Smith, he got in some sort of trouble in high school but has been good character kid since. They mention that they are different type players which matches up. Also, Edmunds and Roquan are probably the 1 and 2 rated LB prospects.
      Last edited by chargerkdb; 03-12-2018, 04:30 PM.

• I suspect 2 LBs will be taken. A 3 down guy and a coverage guy.
    Making the push

Comment

• WindsorUK
      WindsorUK commented
      Editing a comment
      Guys that fit the mold( 6'1-6'2, 215-225) that can move sideline to sideline, and get up field in either direction, will play HUGE for the Bolts defense.
      Jatavis Brown is one such guy. He needs friends. A guy like Raquan Smith would be great, Edmunds and Evans not so much.

• I wouldnít say Edmunds is out because heís not a small LB The reason teams go with the smaller backers is because there arenít many bigger guys that can handle TEís and backs in coverage. Notice I said not many, as in very few, but Edmunds can cover and can probably play any LB spot. Hell, he has the skills to eventually become the best edge player in this class, VT didnít ask him to but heís 19 and an athletic freak. Some teams ARE projecting him that way.

The local VT writers have been saying Edmunds totally blew the interviews out of the water. More than one GM commented on how they were amazed at how mature he is for being only 19. Itís quite possible he was prospect 1 from the story above. I honestly wouldnít be suprised if we have kicked the tires. He wont drop to us but that doesnít mean the FO wonít do due diligence. If someone blows you away do you move up for them? If the coaches only see him as an Inside backer probably not. Iím bias but I honestly think he is a Bosa type talent. If we had been at 17-19 would you have traded up for Bosa?
    Last edited by chargerkdb; 03-12-2018, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
        I wouldnít say Edmunds is out because heís not a small LB The reason teams go with the smaller backers is because there arenít many bigger guys that can handle TEís and backs in coverage. Notice I said not many, as in very few, but Edmunds can cover and can probably play any LB spot. Hell, he has the skills to eventually become the best edge player in this class, VT didnít ask him to but heís 19 and an athletic freak. Some teams ARE projecting him that way.

The local VT writers have been saying Edmunds totally blew the interviews out of the water. More than one GM commented on how they were amazed at how mature he is for being only 19. Itís quite possible he was prospect 1 from the story above. I honestly wouldnít be suprised if we have kicked the tires. He wont drop to us but that doesnít mean the FO wonít do due diligence. If someone blows you away do you move up for them? If the coaches only see him as an Inside backer probably not. Iím bias but I honestly think he is a Bosa type talent. If we had been at 17-19 would you have traded up for Bosa?
        Knowing what we know now of course i would have traded up, but without knowing and it being his draft all over. No we would have swapped first rounders, gave up next years first, lost some 2nd rounders and probably some thirds

Comment

• Doubt Roquan Smith gets to us.

Comment

• Roquan Smith is our best scenario. Maybe 25% chance he gets to us because theyíre are 3-4 teams ahead of us that could use him too.
            Making the push

Comment

• Smith is really a player that this team could use against the Chiefs. The team that can easily keep us out of the playoffs. We have to win the division.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                Smith is really a player that this team could use against the Chiefs. The team that can easily keep us out of the playoffs. We have to win the division.
                He was a beast in the playoffs last year. He would look good in Powder Blues!

Comment

• Originally posted by richpjr View Post

He was a beast in the playoffs last year. He would look good in Powder Blues!
                  Yep. But Hill is pretty crafty inside the hash marks. Where we like to rely on LBs to cover him. lol

Comment

• Iím glad we are looking at top LBs, even with Perryman at 100% I donít think thatís enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                      Smith is really a player that this team could use against the Chiefs. The team that can easily keep us out of the playoffs. We have to win the division.
                      I know the Chiefs have retooled but I still think we have the divisions top team.
                      If Rivers can't beat them this year( or the rest of the contenders out west) I'm thinking new QB in 2019.
                      No more excuses.
                      Maybe take a QB in the mid rounds. Hell, I'd even kick the tires on Teddy Bridgewater.

Comment

• Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

I know the Chiefs have retooled but I still think we have the divisions top team.
                        If Rivers can't beat them this year( or the rest of the contenders out west) I'm thinking new QB in 2019.
                        No more excuses.
                        Maybe take a QB in the mid rounds. Hell, I'd even kick the tires on Teddy Bridgewater.
                        Until we can beat the Chiefs and it happens in front of my eyes i will just assume they have our number. lol

Comment

• WindsorUK
                          WindsorUK commented
                          Editing a comment
                          4 years is a loooooonnnggggg time!
                          I'm hoping we see them early before Mahomes finds his footing.

• We are going to ring their bell and then all those wins are out the window.

Comment

• Based upon Mayock's latest rankings, I think we have a shot at a pretty good starting quality OL in the 2nd. Billy Price or maybe even Crosby or Orlando Brown.

Tackle

1. Mike McGlinchey, Notre Dame
                          2. Connor Williams, Texas
                          3. Kolton Miller, UCLA
                          4. Tyrell Crosby, Oregon
                          T-5. Martinas Rankin, Mississippi State
                          T-5. Orlando Brown, Oklahoma

Rise: Williams (3), Miller (T-5)
                          Fall: Brown (2)

Interior OL

1. Quenton Nelson, Notre Dame
                          2. Isaiah Wynn, Georgia
                          3. James Daniels, Iowa
                          4. Will Hernandez, UTEP
                          T-5. Billy Price, Ohio State
                          T-5. Frank Ragnow, Arkansas

Rise: Ragnow (NR)
                          Making the push

Comment

• I like Hernandez, nasty player.

Comment

• All of those guys on his interior list help us. I still think TT believes Tevi will emerge.

Comment

• Hokie Pro day today. Tremaine Edmunds stood on his combine numbers but ran linebacker specific drills. Wingspan measured 83.4. Settle weighed at 323 and improved his glacial combine 40 to a more respectable 5.2. Terrell, although the smaller of the two Edmunds boys, had 10.3 hand measurement. Those are some mitts on the mid-late round Safety prospect

Comment

• Comment

• blueman
                                    blueman commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Can he shed?

• Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                                  Based upon Mayock's latest rankings, I think we have a shot at a pretty good starting quality OL in the 2nd. Billy Price or maybe even Crosby or Orlando Brown.

Tackle

1. Mike McGlinchey, Notre Dame
                                  2. Connor Williams, Texas
                                  3. Kolton Miller, UCLA
                                  4. Tyrell Crosby, Oregon
                                  T-5. Martinas Rankin, Mississippi State
                                  T-5. Orlando Brown, Oklahoma

Rise: Williams (3), Miller (T-5)
                                  Fall: Brown (2)

Interior OL

1. Quenton Nelson, Notre Dame
                                  2. Isaiah Wynn, Georgia
                                  3. James Daniels, Iowa
                                  4. Will Hernandez, UTEP
                                  T-5. Billy Price, Ohio State
                                  T-5. Frank Ragnow, Arkansas

Rise: Ragnow (NR)
                                  There is some talk out there that Martinaís Rankins best position might be center
                                  Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

Working...
                                  X