• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

PFF 2018 NFL Mock Draft 1NORMAN, OK - SEPTEMBER 02: Quarterback Baker Mayfield #6 of the Oklahoma Sooners warms up before the game against the UTEP Miners at Gaylord Family Oklahoma Memorial Stadium on September 2, 2017 in Norman, Oklahoma. Oklahoma defeated UTEP 56-7. (Photo by Brett Deering/Getty Images) *** local caption *** Baker Mayfield;1. Cleveland Browns

QB Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma

2. San Francisco 49ers

S Derwin James, Florida State

After trading for QB Jimmy Garoppolo, the 49ers may be able to grab the best non-quarterback at the top of the draft, and from a pure value standpoint, James is the guy. His versatility is tailor-made for the NFL, as he can make an impact at all levels of the defense, from deep safety to playing at the line of scrimmage, and he gives the 49ers a playmaker in the secondary after leading the nation with a 91.2 grade as a true freshman in 2015 and currently ranking sixth at 87.4 overall.

3. Indianapolis Colts

RB Saquon Barkley, Penn State

Andrew Luck as the Colts look to rebuild both sides of the ball with impact players.

4. New York Giants

QB Sam Darnold, USC5. New York Jets

QB Lamar Jackson, Louisville6. Arizona Cardinals

QB Josh Rosen, UCLA

With QB Carson Palmer7. Baltimore Ravens

WR James Washington, Oklahoma State

The quarterback run slows down for a bit as the Ravens look to add some juice to their offense with Washington who leads the nation with 464 yards on deep (20-plus yard) passes this season. He has the speed to get behind the defense and improved ball skills have allowed him to make plays in contested situations, a good fit for getting QB career back on track.

8. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

DI Maurice Hurst, MichiganGerald McCoy9. Chicago Bears

OT Connor Williams, Texas10. Cincinnati Bengals

OT Orlando Brown, Oklahoma

11. Miami Dolphins

G Quenton Nelson, Notre Dame12. Green Bay Packers

Edge Arden Key, LSU

The outside pass-rush has been inconsistent in Green Bay in recent years but Key adds an explosive threat to the mix. His production is down a tick this season as LSU has moved him around the defense, but when unleashed off the edge, Key brings an explosive threat with his 177 career pressures (21 sacks, 31 hits, 78 hurries).

13. Los Angeles Chargers

QB Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma State

While QB Philip Rivers14. Buffalo Bills

WR Calvin Ridley, Alabama15. Detroit Lions

RB Derrius Guice, LSU

Detroit needs a running game that can take pressure off QB Matthew Stafford and Guice brings that and more as a dynamic, three-down option. He has big-play ability both as a runner and as a receiver and his 111.7 elusive rating (52 missed tackles forced on 192 touches) in 2016 showed his capabilities.
    Last edited by Formula 21; 11-13-2017, 11:45 PM.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• OhioBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

If Baker Mayfield goes number one overall I would be completely shocked and I would be very dissapointed if Mason Rudolph is the pick. I would also stay away from Lomas Brown OT out of Oklahoma 6'8" @ 360 lbs that has short career written all over it.

Comment

• foreigner
        Tom Telesco is gone
        • Sep 2013
        • Send PM

Right now... who the hell cares? Tom Telesco is going to screw it again. So, it doesnt really matter which pick we will have. Tom Telesco will do it again. (He has no clue you know, and Dean has to sell the team...)

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
          Right now... who the hell cares? Tom Telesco is going to screw it again. So, it doesnt really matter which pick we will have. Tom Telesco will do it again. (He has no clue you know, and Dean has to sell the team...)
          Joey Bosa disagrees with you.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Hurst, Brown, Nelsen...good upgrades for the trenches.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

SB Nation

2018 NFL mock draft: Baker Mayfield lands in the top 10

15 comments

by Dan KadarSan Francisco 49ers. First they went out and traded for quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo, and then they did the previously impossible and won a game. That puts the Cleveland Brownsthe latest draft order.
              1. Cleveland Browns: Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA2. San Francisco 49ers: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State3. New York Giants: Sam Darnold, QB, Southern California4. Indianapolis Colts: Bradley Chubb, DE, North Carolina State

Without Andrew Luck the Colts are mired in a disastrous season that should conclude with them moving on from head coach Chuck Pagano. The Colts could look at the offensive line yet again, but it may be hard to overlook a pass rusher like Chubb. He has a better speed/power combination than any of the other pass rushers in this draft.
              5. Cincinnati Bengals: Connor Williams, OT, Texas

The Bengals tried to fix their offensive line by taking Cedric Ogbuehi and Jake Fisher6. Denver Broncos: Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame

This is a tough pick because you could really argue for a quarterback for the Broncos. After getting picked in the first round, Paxton Lynch7. Los Angeles Chargers: Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma8. Cleveland Browns (via Houston Texans): Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, AlabamaJabrill Peppers as a deep, single-high safety.
              9. Chicago Bears: Calvin Ridley, WR, AlabamaMitchell Trubisky.
              10. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Arden Key, DE, LSU11. New York Jets: Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville12. Baltimore Ravens: Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU

Breshad Perriman13. Arizona Cardinals: Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming14. Oakland Raiders: Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma15. Washington: Maurice Hurst, DL, Michigan

Washington smartly drafted Jonathan Allen for the defensive line in the first round this year, but the team still needs help up front. Hurst is a player who could play all along the line and give the team a lineman who can create pressure.
              16. Miami Dolphins: Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame

By the time evaluations are done, Nelson might get graded out as one of the five best players in the 2018 draft. Miami would be getting a steal at a position of need here.

Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Washington Post

By Adam Kilgore November 8
                [] [Stability at the top marks the College Football Playoff rankings] []
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• foreigner
                  Tom Telesco is gone
                  • Sep 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

7. Los Angeles Chargers: Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma
                  Oh boy... another Ryan Leaf....not again please.

Comment

• blueman
                    blueman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Leaf? Really?

• OhioBolt
                    OhioBolt commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Or another Colt McCoy
                • richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post

Oh boy... another Ryan Leaf....not again please.
                  In what way does he compare to Leaf?

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
                    ....... I would also stay away from Lomas Brown OT out of Oklahoma 6'8" @ 360 lbs that has short career written all over it.
                    Why so? His father played at a high level for a long time. He was about the same size as the son.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                      OhioBolt commented
                      Editing a comment
                      6'8" He gets away in college dominating but in the NFL he will need to be able to get low and use leverage can someone at 6'8" get low, and then that weight I am skeptical. Fonti.
                  • Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

A lot of the LT in the NFL are 6'8" (King Dunlap). Also, his father was that size. There are plenty of OL who have that kind of size and are good to great players. His size has nothing to do with it.

I am not sure the guy can necessarily play in the NFL, but his size is a plus. He is a huge, huge man, and he carries the weight well.

Is he a very good player? I think you are correct that he tends to rely on it and he is sloppy with his technique. But the technique is the issue, not his size.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfieldrefusing to shake hands with Mayfield
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞