First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• richpjr
    started a topic Official 2018 Draft Thread- We Have the 17th Pick

Official 2018 Draft Thread- We Have the 17th Pick

There are 7 teams with 3 wins behind Cleveland (0-9), SF (1-9_, and the NYG (1-8). We are currently picking 7th. Looks like there will be some fierce competition for the 4th through 10th spots which makes a huge difference on what player is available.

• Formula 21
    replied
    Mailata goes to Philly. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• chargerkdb
    commented on 's reply
    It pretty minor from what I’ve read. He wears neck roll to prevent further injury. My old high school buddy Alton Grizzard R.I.P. played QB at Naval Academy with a neck roll. Cool accessory
    Last edited by chargerkdb; 04-26-2018, 04:34 AM.

• chargerkdb
    commented on 's reply
    Sounds like Nick wants Edmunds or VdE

• Formula 21
    commented on 's reply
    Or Belicheat is working overtime on the rumors.

• 8/6/1960
    replied

Nick Hardwickþ
    Verified account
    @hardwina
    8h8 hours ago More

Nick Hardwick Retweeted Eric Williams
    That’s the pick @eric_d_williams. At least it’s the right position. Long-armed, big bodied, every down ILB. Next on my list is a similar Safety. Gus’ defense requires those two spots to have beasts.

Nick Hardwick added,

Eric Williams
    Verified account
    @eric_d_williams
    Here's the full list of this year's ESPN NFL Nation Mock Draft. I took Alabama LB Rashaan Evan at No.17 for the Chargers.

Leave a comment:

• Fleet
    replied
    Man Vander Esch is getting a ton of negative action about regarding his neck. He may end up in the 2nd round.

Leave a comment:

• Bolt-O
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    commented on 's reply
    Especially if you replace the name Josh Rosen (or any of the 1st round guys) with Kyle Laleutta. If you are going to develop the guy, might as well get the best one.

• charger1993
    commented on 's reply
    Lmk if you notice it, imo he should have stayed at bama.

• blueman
    commented on 's reply
    Unless like Steve TT feels we have no glaring holes now that we have a kicker and a center, why not trade up for a player who will never see the field during Rivers’ push for a SB trophy? We can get some journeymen FAs after the draft to fill any holes like backup LB or backup DB, no problem. Ink that first game as a W!

• Panamamike
    commented on 's reply
    I think he is the best QBs in this draft. I still don’t like QB this year or moving up. With a good draft, MW, Lamp, and a sprinkle of FA post draft we can be really F’N good this season and next few too. I’d rather use the draft capital elsewhere this season.

• bonehead
    replied
    Rosen .....trade up? That would be nuts and yes the forum would explode.......Lord of the Flies redux.....we would have to bring back Yubaking

Leave a comment:

• coachmarkos
    replied
    The Ringer's latest (and last) Mock:
    https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/4...eveland-browns

Leave a comment:

• chargerkdb
    commented on 's reply
    Then we can start the "Move Rivers to Safety" thread

• coachmarkos
    replied
    Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
    select Rosen, who slid out of the top 10 due to concerns about coachability. The local star is a double whammy for the Chargers: They get their quarterback of the future – and maybe the best QB in the draft – while also adding a recogn
    And the forum would explode.

Leave a comment:

• Formula 21
    commented on 's reply
    It’s a bold move if you think Rosen is a franchise qb. And cheap too.

• Bolt-O
    replied
    Bonsignore trades up to get...

11. Los Angeles Chargers (from Miami Dolphins): Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA:

The Chargers have resisted the urge to draft a replacement for Philip Rivers for a while now, but they know they eventually have to pull that trigger. In a stunning move, the Bolts move up six spots by giving up their 2018 third round pick and their 2019 second-round pick to jump ahead of the quarterback-needy Bills to select Rosen, who slid out of the top 10 due to concerns about coachability. The local star is a double whammy for the Chargers: They get their quarterback of the future – and maybe the best QB in the draft – while also adding a recognizable Los Angeles star for whom their franchise will be built around.

---

This would be a totally Spanos move, written by the biggest Spanos booster on the planet.

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/04/2...familiar-face/

Leave a comment:

• WindsorUK
    commented on 's reply
    Interesting take 1993. I'll have a look.

• richpjr
    commented on 's reply
    The funny thing is how every team will have a different list of players rated as first rounders, especially towards the bottom of the 15.
Working...
X