• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamamike
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Interesting 5 rd nfl.com. Mock Draft

An interesting group of players in this 5 rd mock draft. I really was impressed with the quality of options available in rd 2.

The 2018 NFL Draft trade market stays hot in Chad Reuter's latest mock, with the Bills moving up to land Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield. See all the twists and turns in his five-round forecast.
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Not a bad group, yeah.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

James, Edmunds and Smith being gone sucks, but that's probably what will happen.

So that draft is really good to me.

I think the Bolts are holding pat on the DTs and are willing to go into the season with them supplemented with another guy from the draft. Nnadi in the 3rd works great for me.

And with the ways teams are parting with DTs this year, it makes me wonder about the wisdom of picking one of the NTs in the 1st. Teams don't seem to want to pay big money for DL.
      Last edited by Formula 21; 03-20-2018, 01:15 PM.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• chris9341
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

The chargers are not drafting a linebacker with there first pick. If they really want to address the issues with this team then they will draft a DT with there first pick. Then in the next 2 rounds select a couple of linebackers. I know the mock draft had us taking a safety in the second round but I happen to like Jenkins and believe he will be a very good safety for us also you can move Desmond king into that position to if Tre Boston doesn't resign.
        Last edited by chris9341; 03-21-2018, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

I would have gone...based on the way that draft played out.

1. Leighton Vander Esch LB
          2. Maurice Hurst DT
          3. Marcus Allen FS
          4. Chukwuma Okorafor OT
          5. Jaylen Samuels RB

Comment

• Panamamike
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
            I would have gone...based on the way that draft played out.

1. Leighton Vander Esch LB
            2. Maurice Hurst DT
            3. Marcus Allen FS
            4. Chukwuma Okorafor OT
            5. Jaylen Samuels RB
            I like that as well...pending medical on Hurst. The heart thing has me worried. With such a deep interior DL, i am not sure he would be on my board (and i like his play a lot)

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post
              The chargers are not drafting a linebacker with there first pick. If they really want to address the issues with this team then they will draft a DT with there first pick. Then in the next 2 rounds select a couple of linebackers. I know the mock draft had us taking a safety in the second round but I happen to like Jenkins and believe he will be a very good safety for us also you can move Desmond king into that position to if Tre Boston doesn't resign.
              DL is much deeper than LB in this draft. A lot will depend on how the draft shakes out.

Comment

• chris9341
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

DL is much deeper than LB in this draft. A lot will depend on how the draft shakes out.
                I get that but if a player like Vita Vea or the DT from Alabama is there when we make our selection you can't pass those players up imo. But hey if we happen to draft a linebacker i'm not gonna cry over it because thats probably the number two thing we need to address. Now if we can address both of those issues in this draft preferably in the first few rounds then I will be happy.

Comment

• Porterparty
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2017
                  • Send PM

Would like to have the draFT GO THIS WAY. tHEN AT 17 WOULD YOU TAKE vANDER eSCH OR dt pAYNE IF BOTH AVAILABLE? also I MOVE UP IN THE 3RD AND TAKE r penny AS CHANGE OF PACE AND SPECIAL TEAMS. tEAM WOULD BE MUCH STRONGER, oH YEAH ilb OR dt WHOEVER WE DID NOT TAKE IN THE 2ND ROUND.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                    Grammar Police
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Hurst has been medically cleared to play fooseball. Football too... I read somewhere last week. If our team Dr agrees you have to jump on him at 17 or 48 as he is a top draft tallent. Best DT in the draft and it's a great draft for dt's.

Last edited by Stinky Wizzleteats+; 03-26-2018, 05:37 PM.
                    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Hurst is the only DT I'd want in the 1st. And he scares me with his heart issue.

I'd want him because he can rush the passer. I'm not sold on another big guys who just takes up blockers. They're great, but we can get big guys later for that.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• blueman
                        blueman commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I like Payne in the 1st for his ability to get upfield and push the pocket, I’m tired of seeing every QB we face just sit there most plays, or step up to get away from Bosa/Ingram. Vea for all his size and athleticism does not get much push. Hurst is a gamble, I also wonder if he translates to the NFL ala Donald even without the health concern.
                    • madcaplaughs
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I couldn't pass on Payne and McGlinchey for VanderEsch. In fact, if it were to work out this way, I wouldn't mind Payne/McGlinchey in the 1st, and rounding out with Orlando Brown in the 2nd, if he falls, or one of the 2nd tier tackles. There will also be decent safety's and linebackers in the 2nd where we pick. We need tackles really bad, on both lines.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍