• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Agree. Beachcomber is good people but he always has different takes than I do and it's interesting to see different takes but I just don't see the draw of Stidham in the first round when we need far better needs elsewhere that can make a difference for where we are at with Rivers getting extended.
    11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
    35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
    37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
    66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
    69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
    100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
    110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
    140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
    181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
    225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st ➡️ 253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

thanx for the heads up on Raekwon.... little sloppy there/not sure how I missed that ??

and have been (very) wrong w/first round QBs, and of course would love to snag him w/a day two/three pick instead, albeit not that brave if I was GM.

and these are my notes on Sweat.... not clamoring for him round one:

and re: Gary.... not sure 'bout his intangibles as he apparently spends a fair bit of time on self promotion, albeit specifically he gives me pause in that he claims he's a DE when most everyone else is moving him inside (of which I tend to agree with)
      Last edited by beachcomber; 02-04-2019, 12:20 PM.
      RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

9 OL in 1st 18 picks. There's a guy who love his OL more than me.

I can see the OTs going high, but not all the interior guys.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

thanx for the heads up on Raekwon.... little sloppy there/not sure how I missed that ??

and have been (very) wrong w/first round QBs, and of course would love to snag him w/a day two/three pick instead, albeit not that brave if I was GM.

and these are my notes on Sweat.... not clamoring for him round one:

and re: Gary.... not sure 'bout his intangibles as he apparently spends a fair bit of time on self promotion, albeit specifically he gives me pause in that he claims he's a DE when most everyone else is moving him inside (of which I tend to agree with)
          Last edited by like54ninjas; 02-04-2019, 01:51 PM. Reason: added stuff
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

This is true and we have mentioned this before in here. We also don't have access to medical reports so all we can do is base it on is what we see. Even the professional GMs don't ever get them all right and panic when it comes to QBs when they need one.

Even the wonderlic seems to sway some, at least in here which to me is kinda of a meaningless thing. None of those questions are football related and Dan Marino and LT to name a couple got a 13 on theirs.
            Terry Bradshaw wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed but he called his own plays ,won four Superbowls and was the MVP in two of them.
            11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
            35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
            37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
            66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
            69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
            100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
            110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
            140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
            181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
            225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st ➡️ 253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

understood, and.... that's 'bout where I pick up w/things, as like going out on the limb of my sense for a player's intangibles and my intuitive take on things. wherein you might lean a bit more empirical/exoteric, am def not uncomfortable in the more esoteric/speculative side of things.

re: Stidham, am def a fan of his intangibles and personal background.... what peoples question is his processing speed and if he has it between the ears to pick up/read progressions in the NFL, and given he had a rather basic route tree to climb at Auburn.

and recently reading over a coupla few of Tom Brady's scouting reports, 'twas his coach that said he just had a sixth sense to "see" things out there/in the defensive secondary.

not sure if Stidham is any where near that gifted, let alone can grasp an offense to the degree that PR has shown, albeit am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on a variety of counts.

am looking forward to see how his evaluation fares thru the Combine and Pro Days.... will def be on the lookout/watch for more Stidham intel.

RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

just for the sake of conversation, gonna throw out Tony Pauline's latest two rounder....

wouldn't touch Clelin Ferrell @28 and obviously don't see the allure @3 overall, and don't see how peoples are seeing Haskins to NY ??

and apparently Jax is the frontrunner for Foles, albeit wouldn't get Greedy @7, nor Rashan Gary @8.

am getting pretty comfortable w/Jawaan Taylor @9 to Buff, but if I was Denver, would wait on Rypien day two.

and don't see any way Jonah Williams stays out of the top ten, and.... am really starting to like TJ Hockenson for the Pack.

and would be really, really surprised to see Kyler Murray still on the board @15, as don't see it post Baker Mayfiled, Deshaun, Dak and Russell ??

Greg Little is of some intrigue as can't see value outweighing need in his case, and think Noah Fant is the better fit for the Titans @TE.

will be watching to see if Devin Bush to Pitt holds any draft sway, as it didn't for Pauline, and will be a bit bemused if DeCosta goes WR right off the bat, albeit do like AJB.

there goes Taylor Rapp to Vegas, and think most peoples will be watching and waiting to see if Mayock makes a rookie boo boo ??

and think Daniel Jones would be a near colossal mistake, and if Dex Lawrence is off the board, would be disappointed if we didin't go Cajuste or Dillard there.

round two would be going Stidham all day if we didn't nab him @28 already, and if so, would then gladly welcome Bryce "baby Bolt" Love as a Charger.

the other two names for me @60 would be OT Isaiah Prince and TE Josh Oliver, albeit would like the both of 'em better round three if not later.

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

here's another one.... http://www.mockout.com/2019-nfl-mock-draft/

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

I'm not happy if the Bolts take Lawrence or Tillery in the 1st. I'd actually be surprised if either goes in the 1st. You can get productive run defenders later.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Ledyard's suggestion would be to pass on Lawrence @28 and wait on him/take your chances come pick 60.

(he has also unofficially coined the term "Mike Williams fast")

Comment

• chris9341
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                        I'm not happy if the Bolts take Lawrence or Tillery in the 1st. I'd actually be surprised if either goes in the 1st. You can get productive run defenders later.
                        You have watched the same games I have for the last two years right? Because if you have then you would know the number one thing this team needs is a DT and are you really gonna take that chance that Lawrence or Tillery are gonna be there when we draft in the second round? I highly doubt they will be there when the chargers draft. In fact I wouldn't mind if the chargers trade up to possibly grab an Ed Oliver. I would swap first round picks with someone and give them our 2nd round pick next season along with the 4th round pick and 6th pick this year. Sometimes you have to give something to receive something greater.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Ed Oliver is a pass rusher. And he would help this team. And easilly a top 15 choice.

But I wouldnt do a 4 for 1 trade to get him.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X