• Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

There are a lot of LBs with good college tape,
    who will not make it as pros.
    True but its college. Big step up and even with good tape i like to see the timed drills. If you dont have the speed, you dont have the speed. Some players speed jump out at you but against many college players that wont get drafted you look better and perhaps faster than you are.
    IMO college football is A ball to the NFL with a small pecentage that get drafted into it and a smaller % than make it. The AAF is now AAA ball to the NFL.
    11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
    35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
    37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
    66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
    69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
    100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
    110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
    140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
    181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
    225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

True but its college. Big step up and even with good tape i like to see the timed drills. If you dont have the speed, you dont have the speed. Some players speed jump out at you but against many college players that wont get drafted you look better and perhaps faster than you are.
      IMO college football is A ball to the NFL with a small pecentage that get drafted into it and a smaller % than make it. The AAF is now AAA ball to the NFL.
      Yes. I was agreeing with you.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

In the end I don't think there are but a couple of QBs in this draft that pan out.
        Sure five may get pushed into starting roles only to flame out and teams realize they are backups. I don't like Finley, Rypien or Jones as starters. Lock don't do much for me but he could start for some time like Bortles.
        I'm not convinced Murray is going to be a franchise guy but he is more talented than the mentioned above. We'll see if his height holds him down.
        funny, but I thought you were hell bent on raising the flag that there were no starting QBs in this class, and that they were all pretty much backups ??

now there's a couple that might pan out and maybe five will end up starting ??

agree that Jones will prolly end up as a backup and agree again that Lock may have a Bortles/Cutler half life in the league, and....

do like both Rypien and Finley as (eventual) starters, and you think Stidham is worth mentioning in the same sentence as either of Jamarcus and/or Ryan ??

and your not convinced that Murray is a franchise guy ?? ....(eye think he'll end up being that guy for some team/franchise).

and guessing that Haskins is the other guy that pans out ??
        RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Wait,....it's laughable to compare him to Russell and Leaf.....who you admitted to liking better than Peyton,....but it's not laughable when you say Stidham may be better than Rivers? That's some serious tunnel vision!
          yes I was part of the 77 percentile in the UT poll (thousands polled btw) that favored Leaf over Manning (and also part of the minority that favored Eli over Phil), and yes.... suspect that Stidham could well end up the better QB over PR.... (there's most always light @the end of the tunnel
          RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

yes I was part of the 77 percentile in the UT poll (thousands polled btw) that favored Leaf over Manning (and also part of the minority that favored Eli over Phil), and yes.... suspect that Stidham could well end up the better QB over PR.... (there's most always light @the end of the tunnel
            Well your 0 for 2, maybe 3rd times the charm but I think there's a snowballs chance in hell of that happening lol.

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

I almost put Little there at 28 and think he may be there. I'm just not a big fan of Lawrence to put him in at 28. Jones with some coaching can step up his game. I think he has more to give.
              love Cajuste in the second if by chance he's still on the board (all due respect to Mr. Brugler), and prefer the likes of Isaiah Prince, McGary or Risner ahead of Little.

am wary of Little's intangibles (was the same re: Tunsil fwiw), and ditto for Dre'Mont to a lesser extent, as don't really see much to cast him as a Charger.

he does get credit for a lot of pressures, albeit would prefer a FS/Adderly or even Tillery before Jones.

am under the impression that Savage is more suited for the slot as a nickel back, and would have no problem moving Desmond to FS in that case.

loved Anthony Johnson in the pre draft process and suspect that he is gonna make it in the league.... not so much a fan of Sills as think he is more an MW redux/2.0

would be more than willing to take the gambit on Isaiah Johnson and wonder if he might be able to make the switch to FS ??

checked into Jahlani Tavai awhile ago and didn't really care for what I saw/dug up, and whereas do think Wyatt Ray has real potential/upside.

and have heard good things 'bout some of your other guys, albeit not overly excited w/any of them atm.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

love Cajuste in the second if by chance he's still on the board (all due respect to Mr. Brugler), and prefer the likes of Isaiah Prince, McGary or Risner ahead of Little.

am wary of Little's intangibles (was the same re: Tunsil fwiw), and ditto for Dre'Mont to a lesser extent, as don't really see much to cast him as a Charger.

he does get credit for a lot of pressures, albeit would prefer a FS/Adderly or even Tillery before Jones.

am under the impression that Savage is more suited for the slot as a nickel back, and would have no problem moving Desmond to FS in that case.

loved Anthony Johnson in the pre draft process and suspect that he is gonna make it in the league.... not so much a fan of Sills as think he is more an MW redux/2.0

would be more than willing to take the gambit on Isaiah Johnson and wonder if he might be able to make the switch to FS ??

checked into Jahlani Tavai awhile ago and didn't really care for what I saw/dug up, and whereas do think Wyatt Ray has real potential/upside.

and have heard good things 'bout some of your other guys, albeit not overly excited w/any of them atm.
                Risner could sneak in the first round but McGary isn't. Maybe a team loves his upside and OTs are getting hard to find but I've also seen some pundits mention moving inside may be best for him so I'm not wanting someone who can't play OT. Went thru that with Fluker. Maybe those pundits are wrong but even in the second round, I'm passing.

Still going thru some vids of players as I am behind and discovering players I've missed like LB David Long. A bit small but a tackle machine with quicks.
                Sills hasn't been playing WR very long and can be a QB option for trick plays and emergency QB. Probably already better than Cardale lol.

Oh and as for Savage, my only thing is his size. Im thinking Gus may like someone like Marvel Tell better because of his length. He is 6'2" with long arms and he is a twitch player reaction wise but ... They also did draft Thomas. Savage isn't Thomas but went with him there.
                Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-22-2019, 06:58 PM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

funny, but I thought you were hell bent on raising the flag that there were no starting QBs in this class, and that they were all pretty much backups ??

now there's a couple that might pan out and maybe five will end up starting ??

agree that Jones will prolly end up as a backup and agree again that Lock may have a Bortles/Cutler half life in the league, and....

do like both Rypien and Finley as (eventual) starters, and you think Stidham is worth mentioning in the same sentence as either of Jamarcus and/or Ryan ??

and your not convinced that Murray is a franchise guy ?? ....(eye think he'll end up being that guy for some team/franchise).

and guessing that Haskins is the other guy that pans out ??
                  My stance hasnt changed.

I always said outside of Haskins there are a bunch of backups. Someone,.....AZ perhaps or whoever will draft Murray high and he will start. How he pans out , we'll see.

Other than that I'm saying this class is a bunch of backups. So maybe two pan out, maybe not. I'm not sold on Murray. Will he be as good as Russell? Maybe, maybe not.

However, Lock will get drafted high and he will start eventually but for now long? Maybe he starts day one but that don't mean he is going to be a franchise QB.

QBs drafted high will get their shot like Kyle Boller and others did but he didn't pan out either. And that's what I'm saying. This class isn't that good and in the end you will have a bunch of backups and teams will again be looking for a QB.

I do not like Finley or Rypien at all as starters. They will be backups.

As for Stidham, I just said he didn't have as good a career as Russell in college and both played in the same conference. Didn't say their game compared and Russell was a better player but he was lazy and didn't apply himself in the NFL and only cared about the money.
                  Not saying Stidham will do that but for us, I wouldn't use a high pick on him or any of these other QBs.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

GBN

​​​​​​
                    1 Arizona Kyler Murray QB Oklahoma
                    2 San Francisco Quinnen Williams DT Alabama
                    3 NY Jets Josh Allen ER Kentucky
                    4 Oakland Nick Bosa DE Ohio State
                    5 Projected trade: Miami (from Tampa Bay) Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State
                    6 NY Giants Montez Sweat ER Mississippi State
                    7 Jacksonville DK Metcalf WR Mississippi
                    8 Detroit Devin White LB LSU
                    9 Buffalo Christian Wilkins DT Clemson
                    10 Denver TJ Hockenson TE Iowa
                    11 Cincinnati Rashan Gary DE Michigan
                    12 Green Bay Clelin Ferrell ER Clemson
                    13 Projected trade: Tampa Bay (from Miami) Greedy Williams CB LSU
                    14 Atlanta Ed Oliver DT Houston
                    15 Washington Drew Lock QB Missouri
                    16 Carolina Cody Ford G/T Oklahoma
                    17 NY Giants (from Cleveland) Andre Dillard OT Washington State
                    18 Minnesota Jonah Williams G/T Alabama
                    19 Tennessee Marquise Brown WR Oklahoma
                    20 Pittsburgh Hakeem Butler WR Iowa State
                    21 Seattle Jawaan Taylor OT Florida
                    22 Baltimore Devin Bush LB Michigan
                    23 Houston Byron Murphy CB Washington
                    24 Oakland (from Chicago) Brian Burns ER Florida State
                    25 Philadelphia Josh Jacobs RB Alabama
                    26 Indianapolis Dexter Lawrence DT Clemson
                    27 Oakland (from Dallas) Johnathan Abram FS Mississippi State
                    28 LA Chargers Jeffery Simmons DT Mississippi State
                    29 Kansas City Nasir Adderley FS Delaware
                    30 Green Bay (from New Orleans) Jerry Tillery DT Notre Dame
                    31 LA Rams Deandre Baker CB Georgia
                    32 New England Daniel Jones QB Duke
                    Showing 1 to 32 of 32 entries

*Projected trade: Miami gets the 5th pick overall in exchange for the 13th and 48th picks this year, as well as first and third round picks in 2020.

Second round
                    33 Arizona Greg Little OT Mississippi
                    34 Indianapolis (from NY Jets) N'Keal Harry WR Arizona State
                    35 Oakland Dalton Risner OT Kansas State
                    36 San Francisco AJ Brown WR Mississippi
                    37 NY Giants Jaylon Ferguson DE Louisiana Tech
                    38 Jacksonville Noah Fant TE Iowa
                    39 Tampa Bay Chris Lindstrom OG Boston College
                    40 Buffalo Rock Ya-Sin CB Temple
                    41 Denver Garrett Bradbury C North Carolina State
                    42 Cincinnati Mack Wilson LB Alabama
                    43 Detroit Chase Winovich DE Michigan
                    44 Green Bay Chauncey Gardner-Johnson FS Florida
                    45 Atlanta David Edwards G/T Wisconsin
                    46 Washington Deebo Samuel WR South Carolina
                    47 Carolina Deionte Thompson FS Alabama
                    48 Projected trade: Tampa Bay (from Miami) Taylor Rapp SS Washington
                    49 Cleveland Dre'Mont Jones DT Ohio State
                    50 Minnesota Parris Campbell WR Ohio State
                    51 Tennessee Charles Omenihu DE Texas
                    52 Pittsburgh Trayvon Mullen CB Clemson
                    53 Philadelphia (from Baltimore) Isaiah Johnson CB Houston
                    54 Houston (from Seattle) Riley Ridley WR Georgia
                    55 Houston Kaleb McGary OT Washington
                    56 New England (from Chicago) Trysten Hill DT Central Florida
                    57 Philadelphia Oshane Ximines DE Old Dominion
                    58 Dallas Kelvin Harmon WR North Carolina State
                    59 Indianapolis Julian Love CB Notre Dame
                    60 LA Chargers Ryan Finley QB North Carolina State
                    61 Kansas City Jachai Polite ER Florida
                    62 New Orleans Erik McCoy C Texas A&M
                    63 Kansas City (from LA Rams) Elgton Jenkins C Mississippi State
                    64 New England Zach Allen DE Boston College
                    Third round
                    65 Arizona Connor McGovern C/G Penn State
                    66 Pittsburgh (from Oakland) Blake Cashman LB Minnesota
                    67 San Francisco Justin Layne CB Michigan State
                    68 NY Jets Irv Smith TE Alabama
                    69 Jacksonville Michael Deiter C/G Wisconsin
                    70 Tampa Bay Damien Harris RB Alabama
                    - NY Giants Forfeited; 2019 supp pick
                    71 Denver Amani Oruwariye CB Penn State
                    72 Cincinnati Will Grier QB West Virginia
                    73 New England (from Detroit) Juan Thornhill FS Virginia
                    74 Buffalo JJ Arcega-Whiteside WR Stanford
                    75 Green Bay Josh Oliver TE San Jose State
                    76 Washington D'Andre Walker LB Georgia
                    77 Carolina Joe Jackson DE Miami
                    78 Miami Anthony Johnson WR Buffalo
                    79 Atlanta Mark Fields CB Clemson
                    80 Cleveland Bryce Love RB Stanford
                    81 Minnesota Will Harris S Boston College
                    82 Tennessee Beau Benzschawel OG Wisconsin
                    83 Pittsburgh Vosean Joseph OLB Florida
                    84 Seattle Germaine Pratt LB North Carolina State
                    85 Baltimore Darrell Henderson RB Memphis
                    86 Houston Daylon Mack DT Texas A&M
                    87 Chicago Darnell Savage S Maryland
                    88 Detroit (from Philadelphia) Caleb Wilson TE UCLA
                    89 Indianapolis Austin Bryant DE Clemson
                    90 Dallas Khalen Saunders DT Western Illinois
                    91 LA Chargers Ben Burr-Kirven LB Washington
                    92 Kansas City Sean Bunting CB Central Michigan
                    93 NY Jets (from New Orleans) Martez Ivey G/T Florida
                    94 LA Rams Zedrick Woods FS Mississippi
                    95 NY Giants (from New England thru Cleveland) Gary Jennings WR West Virginia
                    96c Washington Lonnie Johnson CB Kentucky
                    97c New England Isaiah Prince G/T Ohio State
                    98c Jacksonville (from LA Rams) Andy Isabella WR UMass
                    99c LA Rams Terry Beckner DT Missouri
                    100c Carolina Miles Boykin WR Notre Dame
                    101c New England Kendall Sheffield CB Ohio State
                    102c Baltimore Terry McLaurin WR Ohio State

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

1) Simmons, Adderley
                      2) Erick McCoy, Bryce Love, Josh Oliver
                      3) Isaiah Prince
                      4) Stidham, Cajuste !!

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                        GBN

​​​​​​
                        28 LA Chargers Jeffery Simmons DT Mississippi State
                        60 LA Chargers Ryan Finley QB North Carolina State
                        Nothing says you're in win now mode like using your first two picks on guys who may not play a snap all year.

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Gwynning_Spirit View Post

Nothing says you're in win now mode like using your first two picks on guys who may not play a snap all year.
                          LOL. Bolts are definitely kicking the tires on QBs. My theory is this however. If we take a guy in the 1st or 2nd this year and they pan out it keeps us from having to sell the farm to move up into the top 3. I dont see us tanking anytime soon while Rivers is the QB. We have to start thinking about his exit plan. And id be fine with Simmons in the back of round 1. I dont think he would be there if healthy.

Honestly i dont think Telesco feels that they need to draft to win this year. Thats how confident in his picks and the process of development i think he is.

I simply think they go BPA on their board.

Comment

Working...
                          X