Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

FINAL FINAL MOCK
    Went back to my notes on team needs, contracts, player ages, draft capital spent on position recently, and pundit mock/big board prospect rankings to finalize.

28) JEFFERY SIMMONS (DT) MSST

JR. 6'4'', 301#, 10 1/4'' HANDS, 34 1/2'' ARMS. Jeff is a physically gifted yet hard working dominant interior man child, exceptional length/power/strength/leverage/motor, possesses 4 quality PR moves, wins with power/speed/and motor, possesses explosion at the snap, hand use/placement is outstanding, stacks/sheds/throws blockers, can play anywhere along the line, tough to uproot -extends his natural leverage advantage, fights through constant double/triple team blocks, finishes with SACKS/TFL, has to be accounted for on EVERY PLAY, needs to play with consistent pad level, reco of run blocking schemes needs developing. MCL injury in Feb 2019. HS assault against female, defending sister, took responsibility. ELITE CALIBER PROSPECT.

Why? Top prospect on my board by a decent margin. Without injury/HS incident would be a top 5 pick. Makes our defensive front that much more

60) JUAN THORNHILL (FS) UVA

SR. 6', 205#, 8 3/4'' HANDS, 31 1/8'' ARMS, 40YD - 4.42, 10YS - 1.52, VJ - 44'', BJ - 141'', 3CONE - 6.86, 20S - 4.20, 60S - . Juan is a naturally gifted, instinctual, fast, explosive, ballhawk that has CB skills and is relentless. He has great feet, excellent flexibility, loose hips, natural movement skills, uncanny ball separation skills, makes BIG plays in BIG games, played all DB positions (CB/FS/SS), HUGE production - 13 INTs/26 PBUs/208 tackles, tremendous mirror skills, overaggressive at times/susceptible to double moves, eyes always have him near the ball, sees and goes on run fills, takes excellent angles, solid wrap up tackler but not a thumper, hand strikes in press are accurate/forceful, disrupts routes at LOS, can be a half tick off as high safety but has the physical tools so can still make the range - very coachable and will speed up with reps at position. Juan's value as a backend chess piece and our FS. His range as our FS is from far hash 2 sideline, can cover any WR/RB/TE M2M, coverage disguise/flexibility, enhance Derwin's impact, eliminate explosive plays, and generate TOs. IMPACT STARTER w/ELITE TRAITS.

Why? The Addae experiment is over. We need a rangy, quality tackling, PLAYMAKER, with speed/instincts/ballskills. I give you MR. THORNHILL!

91) ISAIAH JOHNSON (CB) UH

RSR. 6' 2'', 205#, 8 3/4'' hands, 33 1/8'' arms, 78 5/8'' wingspan, 40YD - 4.40, 10YS - 1.55, BP , VJ - 36.5'', BJ - 133'', 3CONE - 6.81, 20S - 4.06, 60S - . Isaiah is an explosive athlete who is just now growing into the CB role. He is a converted WR 2 seasons ago, very raw, explosive closing burst, + athlete, ideal frame/speed/length/athleticism, technique issues in hip opening/drive on inside breaking routes/feet transition on double moves/punch placement-accuracy, excellent contact balance, has feet/skillset to be a press-man disruptor, best in off zone, great vision in zone, tremendous ball separation skills, willing tackler but needs technique/form improvement. Isaiah has the skillset, frame, feet, body control, and vision to be a shutdown outside corner. STARTING CALIBER PROSPECT W/ ELITE TRAITS.

Why? Corner is a sneaky position of need with the current depth, contract, talent. Isaiah is the perfect match of prospect, scheme, depth/time to develop, and physical traits.

130) ISAIAH PRINCE (OT) OSU

SR. 6' 6'', 305#, 10 1/8'' HANDS, 35 1/2'' ARMS, 40YD - 5.09, 10YS - 1.77, BP 23 REPS @ 225, VJ - 27'', BJ - 115'', 3CONE - 7.9, 20S - 5.02, 60S - . Isaiah was a 3+ yr starter who improved on his craft each year. He made an incredible improvement in his senior year in passpro technique/mechanics. Prince possesses incredible straight ahead power, devastating down/drive blocker, NASTY FINISHER MENTALITY, able to impose his will physically, moves to 2nd level and gets out for screens with power/intent, able to adjust to mobile targets on move, gets immediate and sustained movement at POA, decent feet with his kickslide, when base narrows loss of leverage/inside pressure result, powerful hand strikes jar defenders, hand placement still being refined, ideal frame/size, gets to 2nd level easily limited on 3rd lvl threat to pick up safeties/DBs, plays big in big games. STARTING CALIBER PROSPECT.

Why? We need to add talent, depth, competition, and nasty to the OLINE. Mr. Prince fits that bill with the physical strength, body type, and length to excell.

166) KAHALE WARRING (TE) SDST

RJR. 6' 5'', 252#, 9 3/4'' HANDS, 32 3/4'' ARMS, 40YD - 4.67, 10YS - 1.61, BP - 19 REPS @ 255, VJ - 36.5'', BJ - 122'', 3CONE - 7.21, 20S - 4.25, 60S - 11.72. A raw, inexperienced, uber-athlete who is just learning to play ball. Ideal frame, length, height/weight prospect, physical at POA, blocking technique is raw and in developmental stages, good route tree already, excellent footwork in/out breaks, uses body position to shield defender from ball, tremendous movement skills, natural pass catcher with excellent hands, very raw but high ceiling. Will be developing prospect for 1-2 years but worth the investment here. STARTING CALIBER PROSPECT W/ IMPACT TRAITS.

Why? HH has been healthy in 2 years and is his final contract year. We need to diversify offense with both power run and pass sets being run out of the same personnel packages to dictate games.

200) CORTEZ BROUGHTON (DT) UC

RSR. 6' 2'', 293#, 9 3/4'' hands, 32 3/4'' arms, 79 3/4'' wingspan, 40YD - 4.98, 10YS - 1.75, BP 24 REPS @ 225, VJ - 33 1/2'', BJ - 113'', 3CONE - 7.65, 20S -4.57, 60S - . Cortez is an explosive upfield penetrating disruptor, good lateral movement skills, wins with BURST/speed/leverage/power/bend, heavy powerful hands, placement inconsistent but very active, hot motor, when he is focused he can wreck games, played out of position earlier in career, plays with outstanding leverage, hold/spits against doubles, able to stack and disengage. Starting/impact skillset but inconsistent performance/effort. Strong senior season (still a few letdown games), junior year let down playing mostly 5tech, quality soph season. injury freshmen/redshirted. STARTING CALIBER PROSPECT W/IMPACT TRAITS.

Why? We only have 3 DTs on the roster. Simmons is going to miss 75% of this season BCS. Cortez is a steal here with his skill and upside as an interior passrusher who is also a quality run defender.

242) ALEXANDER MATTISON (RB) BSU

JR. 5' 10 1/2'', 221#, 9 1/8'' HANDS, 31'' ARMS, 40YD - 4.67, 10YS - 1.51, VJ - 35'', BJ - 127'', 22 REPS @ 225, 3CONE - 7.13, 20S - 4.29, 60S - 11.69. Alex is a versatile big back with power, agility, PP chops, and receiving ability. He runs decisively, solid low pad level, breaks initial contact, tremendous contact balance, burst to get corner (10ys - 1.51), a little wiggle, smart kid with chip on shoulder, flexibility allows for 90 degree cuts, runs through arms tackles, delivers jarring contact, excellent vision/instincts, defenders glance off contact, hard/tough/gritty runner, protects the football, good hands, will need to work on PP base and route execution. A complete steal this late in the draft. A 3-down back with power, tremendous vision, 90-degree cutting ability, and receiving skills. STARTING CALIBER PROSPECT.

Why? MGIII cannot stay healthy, last year of his contract, our entire offense suffered without a big complete back, I give you a late round steal in Alex who will do those things for us.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

very solid ninja.... don't know much 'bout Mattison, albeit outside of that would give you good odds for your win/hit percentage there....
      RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Screen Shot 2019-04-23 at 4.11.27 PM.png

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Brock Bowers N.M.W.
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

Final Mock explained...(see sig below)

I think J. Abram is there, and I think he is a Gus Bradley type of guy. I think Gus reworks the defense for James/Abram, and we will own the middle of the field on defense.

I have been back and forth, switching Saunders and Pratt, 2-3...can't get a consistent read on where they go. But Saunders has been steadily rising up boards, and we may be lucky to get him at 60, whereas Pratt is all over the place.
          I have heard some on this board question his athleticism since he put on weight, and his coverage skills...and there are doubting reports...but even more positive reports. I mean, he changed positions his senior year, and led the conference in tackles...tested just fine athletically, and draftwire, nfl.com, Lindy's...all think good range and coverage skills...I like this guy on this team.

Nothing else has changed...so really I only changed who we pick in the first...I had Thornhill, and I like him...but it is a bit of a reach, and I think if Abram falls, and he very well could, he would be a big steal at 28.
          The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
            Final Mock explained...(see sig below)

I think J. Abram is there, and I think he is a Gus Bradley type of guy. I think Gus reworks the defense for James/Abram, and we will own the middle of the field on defense.

I have been back and forth, switching Saunders and Pratt, 2-3...can't get a consistent read on where they go. But Saunders has been steadily rising up boards, and we may be lucky to get him at 60, whereas Pratt is all over the place.
            I have heard some on this board question his athleticism since he put on weight, and his coverage skills...and there are doubting reports...but even more positive reports. I mean, he changed positions his senior year, and led the conference in tackles...tested just fine athletically, and draftwire, nfl.com, Lindy's...all think good range and coverage skills...I like this guy on this team.

Nothing else has changed...so really I only changed who we pick in the first...I had Thornhill, and I like him...but it is a bit of a reach, and I think if Abram falls, and he very well could, he would be a big steal at 28.
            personally suspect/think that you could move your whole mock down a notch (lose Ryquell as an UDFA ?) and add a newbie @28 ??

or even better.... we could trade down w/NY and add three day three picks....
            RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• CTrout
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

1. Taylor Rapp - FS
              2. Zach Allen - DT
              3. Max Scharping - OT
              4. Daylon Mack - DT
              5. Gary Jennings - WR
              6. Sione Takitaki - LB
              7. Trevon Wesco - TE (if you don't know him watch him https://youtu.be/q7ryjx3yf5c

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

gonna call this my "hodgepodge koolaid" mock draft, as paid more attention to the pundits than usual and less as to whom I think might be the better pick....

01) Az * QB Kyler Murray * boom dia for Kliff's RPO
                02) SF * DE Nick Bosa * 'nother risky pick/chance taken by the 'Niners
                03) Jets * 3T Ed Oliver * back where he belongs in the top five
                04) Vegas * TE TJ Hockenson * does he play to his slotting as a top fiver
                05) Bucs * ILB Devin White * some peoples have this guy as a second rounder
                06) Giants * DT Quinnen Williams * think this is an excellent fit on both accounts
                07) Jags * OT Jawaan Taylor * if not him then Jonah
                08) Lions * OLB Josh Allen * they have a need @LB
                09) Bills * OT Jonah Williams * if not here, could well be in Green Bay
                10) Denver * OLB Devin Bush * apparently a good fit w/their new DC (job security John ?)
                11) Cincy * RT Cody Ford * did I read they could bid adieu to Dalton without losing a penny on the dollar
                12) Pack * DE/OLB Brian Burns * do like the player some, but don't like the pick for them if not Hock
                13) Miami * QB Dwayne Haskins * if not now, when ??
                14) Atlanta * DT Christain Wilkins * not sure he is gonna play to his slotting here
                15) WashDC * QB Drew Lock * perfect pairing as he won't pan out and Alex can retain his starter's role
                16) Carolina * OT Andre Dillard * think he's a good match w/Cam
                17) Giants * QB Daniel Jones * beast or bambi
                18) Minny * OC Garrett Bradbury * apparently a good fit for their Oline schematica
                19) Titans * TE Noah Fant * real good match w/Mariota
                20) Steelers * CB Rock Ya Sin * apparently this is Tomlin's guy @corner
                21) Seattle * S Darnell Savage * @his best in doing work across from the slot
                22) Ravens * OG Chris Lindstrom * slow and steady wins the race
                23) Texans * OT Greg Little * not sure why he's been kicked to the day two curb
                24) Vegas * RB Josh Jacobs * word has it Gruden is hell bent on adding an RB
                25) Philly * DL Rashan Gary * he can play inside out for them
                26) Indy * DT Jerry Tillery * hope he doesn't make it to Carson
                27) Vegas * CB Andraez Williams * def some risk/reward w/this selection
                28) Diego * 3T Jeffery Simmons * lets Brandon hold it down for another year (or two as mentor)
                29) Seattle * LEO Clelin Ferrell * spells Frank Clark for them
                30) Pack * RT Dalton Risner * personally like McGary here for them instead
                31) Rams * OC Erik McCoy * better than Bradbury in my book
                32) Pats * NT Dexter Lawrence * they most always have an oversized run stuffer/stopper on board

Comment

• marconi
                  Air Apparent
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Adventure Land
                  • Help people live their dreams
                  • Send PM

RE: 54Ninjas Mock

JEFFERY SIMMONS (DT) MSST
                  JUAN THORNHILL (FS) UVA
                  ISAIAH JOHNSON (CB) UH
                  ISAIAH PRINCE (OT) OSU
                  KAHALE WARRING (TE) SDSU
                  CORTEZ BROUGHTON (DT) UC
                  ALEXANDER MATTISON (RB) BSU

Ninja, If your first two picks fell our way then I would be more than pleased as they definitely fill two of our biggest needs with top quality players.
                  Unfortunately I don't think Thornhill will last that late in the 2nd and Simmons my not even make it to 28 in the 1rst. Also TE Warring has been moving up and is now being projected to be a 3rd round pick.
                  However, you never know and Mocks are made of dreams so I hope yours comes true.

Comment

• marconi
                    Air Apparent
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Adventure Land
                    • Help people live their dreams
                    • Send PM

Ok, Here is my Final Mock. Not that I think the Chargers will really make these picks (they never listen to me) but if I were GM, this is the direction I'd go:

Round 1- Nasir Adderley, S, Delaware Ht: 5-11. Wt: 195. 40 Time: 4.50
                    I really think we need to take our safety here and pick up one of the best ones in the draft. Combine him with James and we have one of the best backfields in the NFL.

Round 2- - Khalen Saunders, DT, W. Illinois Ht: 6-1. Wt: 324 40 Time: 5.01
                    Racked up 25 tackles for loss and 14 sacks in 2017 and 2018 combined. He has legitimate NFL defensive tackle size

Round 3- Germaine Pratt, ILB, N.C. State Ht. 6-2. Weight: 241. 40 Time 4.57
                    Free safety-turned-linebacker with good cover skills who has filled out his frame and checks the size and speed boxes. Gives us more speed on defense and possible backup at SS.

Round 4 - Andy Isabella, WR, UMass Ht: 5-9 Wt: 188 40 Time: 4.31
                    I don't really think he'll drop this low but would give Rivers an explosive weapon. My back-up dream WR if he fell this far would be David Sills of WVA who I think will be the next Cooper Kupp of the Rams. If both are gone, Sills WVA teammate Gary Jennings could be a good fit.

Round 5 - Ben Burr-Kirven, OLB, Washington Ht: 6-0. Wt: 230 40 Time: 4.56
                    This kid is just a playmaker. He'd be a perfect fit in a Rocky Long defense. He could be our Special Teams demon and add more speed to our defensive depth.

Round 6 -DT Trysten Hill*, Central Florida Ht: 6-2. Wt: 315 40 Time: 4.90.
                    Explosive player with good quickness. Didn't start last year because of new coaching staff. I also believe he'll be playing with a chip on his shoulder to prove he should have been selected higher. Gives us more needed depth on the DL and could be the sleeper pick of the draft.

Round 7 - OT Joshua Miles, Morgan St. Ht: 6-5 Wt: 314
                    Developmental guard prospect with swing tackle potential possessing elite traits and potentially coachable faults. A potential low-risk, high-yield pick

UDFA - Ulysees Gilbert III, OLB/ILB, Akron Ht: 6-1. Wt: 225. 40 Time: 4.72.
                    Gilbert is a tackling machine for Akron. He flies all over the field, taking down ball-carriers and making his presence felt. In 2017, Gilbert totaled 140 tackles with 9.5 tackles for a loss, five sacks, four passes broken up and three interceptions. He had 122 tackles with four sacks, three breakups and 11.5 tackles for a loss as a sophomore. Has played in EVERY game of his collegiate career.

Players I'd really like to have but just can't fit them into my Mock:

OT - Andre Dillard - Washington St.
                    S- Juan Thornhill, Virginia Ht: 6-0. Wt: 205 40 Time: 4.42.
                    QB - Ryan Finley, N.C. State Ht: 6-4. Wt: 213 or Will Grier, WVA Ht: 6-2. Wt: 217
                    TE - Jace Sternberger*, TE, Texas A&M Ht: 6-4. Wt: 250. 40 Time: 4.75.
                    WR - David Sills, WR, West Virginia Ht: 6-4. Wt: 203. 40 Time: 4.57
                    TE- Kahale Warring*, TE, San Diego State Ht: 6-6. Wt: 252
                    G/C - Hjalte Froholdt, - Arkansas Ht. 6' 5" Wt. 306

Comment

• bolts4lyfe
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2017
                      • Send PM

Wow a lot of Jeffrey Simmons love right now, I wouldn't be against the pick. If they went that path, id also like to see them try to get a free agent dL through free agency

Comment

• Tol
                        From Accounting
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Carlsbad
                        • Send PM

01) AZ * QB Kyler Murray
                        02) SF * EDGE Nick Bosa
                        03) NYJ * DL Quinnen Williams
                        04) OAK * EDGE Josh Allen
                        05) TB * LB Devin White
                        06) NYG * DL Ed Oliver
                        07) JAX * TE TJ Hockenson
                        08) DET * EDGE Montez Sweat
                        09) BUF * OT Jonah Williams
                        10) DEN * LB Devin Bush
                        11) CIN * EDGE Rashan Gary
                        12) GB * TE Noah Fant
                        13) MIA * OT Jawaan Taylor
                        14) ATL * DT Christain Wilkins
                        15) WAS * QB Dwayne Haskins
                        16) CAR * OT Andre Dillard
                        17) NYG * QB Daniel Jones
                        18) MIN * OC Garrett Bradbury
                        19) TEN * DL Jeffery Simmons
                        20) PIT * CB Greedy Williams
                        21) SEA * EDGE Clelin Ferrell
                        22) BAL * WR A.J. Brown
                        23) HOU * OL Cody Ford
                        24) OAK * RB Josh Jacobs
                        25) PHI * S Johnathan Abram
                        26) IND * DT Dexter Lawrence
                        27) OAK * CB Byron Murphy
                        28) LAC * OT Dalton Risner
                        29) SEA * CB Rock Ya-Sin
                        30) GB * TE Irv Smith
                        31) LAR * DT Jerry Tillery
                        32) NE * WR N'Keal Harry

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by bolts4lyfe View Post
                          Wow a lot of Jeffrey Simmons love right now, I wouldn't be against the pick. If they went that path, id also like to see them try to get a free agent dL through free agency
                          I think the injury could make him fall to 28 but will he be able to play this year? Do we want to wait another year to get a big time DT?
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡