• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Looking for year round NFL Draft coverage? DraftBlaster has you covered with updated NFL Mock Drafts and tons of extra NFL draft content!

went thru this guys rankings to see which picks/players might represent good value ??

QB Stidham, RB Love, WR Kelvin Harmon, TE Josh Oliver, OT Cajuste/Isaiah Prince, OC Erik McCoy, CB Oruwariye/Justin Layne

does that mean if I want a top five guy @DT, LB, FS that I'm gonna have to use one of my first two picks to get'm, and.... could I possibly hope to get one of the above ala Keenan Allen, in a round three redux ??
    RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

this is from a Kyle Posey article just before last year's draft.... does the song remain the same ??

if McGlinchey/Bolles were targets, don't you think OT is still high on their list ??

and DT got answered some by Justin Jones, albeit word was that Taven Bryan and Vita Vea were both on the Chargers round one board (who was the third IDLineman/Da'Ron Payne ?) could they still go fishing for a JJ counterpart ??

and the LB was Tremaine Edmunds.... they ended up w/Nwosu and White.... does Tom still have unfinished biz @MLB ?? Edmunds was an ILB who could play all three LB positions and handle coverage duties on both RBs & TEs ?? and he was best against the run....

and they got their wish come true w/Derwin, albeit do the Chargers FO brass still feel the need to go FS ??

RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

as a follow up to the above post and using the above named players as benchmarks, gonna handicap the Chargers first round cluster below:

FS * think it's a one man talent pool @the top for what the Chargers are looking for, 'specially if Derwin/Minkah are any indication of their propensity for "swiss army knife" defenders.... w/Nasir Adderly being their guy if they go safety round one.

ILB * again think 'tis a one man game here w/Te'Von Coney, unless Devin White pulls a Derwin James for us this draft, as dude can pretty much do it all and play some SAM as well.

DT * do think we'd be happy w/any of Ed Oliver or Christian Wilkins, albeit think they'll both be off the board by 28, along w/Jeffery Simmons, who if he isn't, doubt the Chargers would be the team to break his fall.... the three guys that might still be on the board @28 and that would fit the Chargers profile there, would likely be Tillery, Dex and Rashan Gary, any of which would be an upgrade to our rotation there.... am taking the liberty of taking Dre'Mont Jones off the board due to his mostly matador run D.

OT * Andre Dillard is getting alotta run in these parts, albeit think you can take him off the board if McGlinchey and Bolles are any indication of what we might be looking for in a RT prospect.... personally would guess you could pencil in the likes of David Edwards, Dalton Risner and Cody Ford if he's not off the board, and hopefully my personal fave as well.... Yodny Cajuste

CB * don't really have much of an idea here (or more rather 'tis late and am getting tired), albeit will throw out three names.... think Justin Layne is the best gambit, albeit Corey Ballentine has been mentioned, and would proffer a North Texas CB by the name of Kemon Hall as worth a look see.

don't see a day three LB atm, so will wait 'til Posey starts namin' names, albeit that's not to say that I don't have an LB or coupla few I like.... just not ready to anoint them as Charger likelihoods anytime soon.... (prolly should add that not only is Bobby Okereke a team captain, but a real life choir boy as well.... just sayin'

http://chargerswire.usatoday.com/201...and-the-draft/
        Last edited by beachcomber; 02-12-2019, 12:45 AM.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Per Dane Brugler, David Edwards is a mess in fundamentals.

Per Jamie Hoyle, N'keal Harry gets red flagged for conduct. Hoyle has sources on the ASU staff.

Per TT, we ain't taken no FS.
          You don't know ball

Comment

• chris9341
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Im tellling you I have a feeling we trade up and get Ed Oliver.

Comment

• chargerkdb
              Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Hotter than hell, Georgia
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post
              His attitude is a big red flag for me. Definitely talented

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post
                That would disappoint me as we have too many holes to fill. I'd rather trade down and get an extra 2nd and pick an OT, a DT and a LB in the 2nd round.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Electric Chicken
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
                  This should be interesting to see how close the predictions pan out as we get closer. Here goes;
                  1st Dexter Lawrence DT Clemson
                  2nd Beau Benzschawel OG Wisconsin
                  ​​​​​​ 3rd Yodney Cajuste OT West Virginia
                  Trade our entire draft for the no.1 pick,,, then trade down and pick up as many early picks in round 1,2 and 3

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                    Per Dane Brugler, David Edwards is a mess in fundamentals.

Per Jamie Hoyle, N'keal Harry gets red flagged for conduct. Hoyle has sources on the ASU staff.

Per TT, we ain't taken no FS.
                    will give you one outta three.... Sir,

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                      will give you one outta three.... Sir,

Dane Brugler...renowned source with actual pipelines to NFL Scouts.

Jamie Hoyle...former Sun Devil who knows current Ass't Coaches.

TT is TT...sick and tired of studying film on the Malik Hookers, Eddie Jacksons and Justin Simmons of the world, and wringing my hands, all for naught.

OK I'll take Amani Hooker in round 2.
                      You don't know ball

Comment

• glutton4Bolts
                        glutton for punishment
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Lake Arrowhead, CA
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

That would disappoint me as we have too many holes to fill. I'd rather trade down and get an extra 2nd and pick an OT, a DT and a LB in the 2nd round.
                        Patriots have been drafting lower for years and they keep winning rings. TT's recent track record leaves me to believe he can ID talent in the later rounds. I would rather have more ammunition. Find a team that is desperate to move up to get their guy and get an additional 2nd and 3rd rounder. Get DT/ILB/OT/FS in rounds two and three. That would be ideal.

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Dane Brugler...renowned source with actual pipelines to NFL Scouts.

Jamie Hoyle...former Sun Devil who knows current Ass't Coaches.

TT is TT...sick and tired of studying film on the Malik Hookers, Eddie Jacksons and Justin Simmons of the world, and wringing my hands, all for naught.

OK I'll take Amani Hooker in round 2.
                          calling Edwards a "mess" given what he offers is misleading at best.... for who he is and where he's at, he's formidable and could well become more so.... fundamentals are taught, his sheer beastliness not so much.... (and not advocating for him as prefer others there).

and last year, 'twas TT'll never draft a safety.... now it's a FS.... ??

Amani Hooker projects favorably as a modern age Strong Safety. While Hooker lacks the initial burst and range to play in single high

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍