• Show
Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Some prospects for you all to check out if you haven't.....

Yosuah Nijman (OT) VT
    SR. 6' 7'', 324#, 10'' HANDS, 34'' ARMS, 40YD - , BP - 27 REPS @ 225, VJ - , BJ - 114'', 3CONE - 8, 20S - 4.5, 60S- . Athletic big man, played both ROT/LOT, injury set back development, good kickslide, solid power at POA, needs to sit deeper in anchor, inside set leg gets turned and allows inside pressure, can get beat across face on inside reach blocks, excellent scoop block foot/hand work, punch power is solid/accuracy is inconsistent. BU/ROTATION CALIBER PROSPECT W/STARTING TRAITS.

Lonnie Johnson (CB) UKY
    SR. 6' 2'', 210#, 9'' hands, 32 1/4'' arms, 77'' wingspan. JUCO transfer who worked exceptionally hard on the field but academically. Long, rangy, fast, athletic prospect who excels in press or off coverages, challenges at LOS, excellent flexibility in lower body, ability to open/swivel hips, hand/eye coordination is top tier, physical in press coverage, willing and solid tackler, tackling fundamentals (head up) will need to be addressed, solid footwork in an out of pedal, good recovery burst, can get a bit handsy with slower receivers, excellent ball separation skills. STARTING CALIBER PROSPECT W/IMPACT TRAITS.

Auston Dulin (WR) MALONE UNIVERSITY
    SR. 6' 1'', 215#. 9'' HANDS, 33 3/8'' ARMS, 40YD - 4.43, 10YS - , BP - 13 REPS @ 225, VJ - 38'', BJ - 121'', 3CONE - 7.0, 20S- 4.22, 60S - . Sammy Small School (Malone University/OHIO). Produces big plays often, was a dominant athlete on the field of lesser competition, impressive size/speed/athleticism combo, route tree is underdeveloped, stutter steps into/out of breaks, excellent hands but wasn't contested often, motor was on high, effort blocker, tremendous YAC, excellent RAC athlete. DEVELOPMENTAL PROSPECT AS BU/ST W/IMPACT TRAITS.

Jamal Curtis (WR) SYRACUSE
    RSR. 6'4'', 214#, 10 7/8'' HANDS, 33 7/8'' ARMS, 40YD - 4.5, BP - , VJ - 34.5'', BJ- 124'', 3CONE - , 20S - , 60S - . Excellent size/speed/length/height/athleticism combo, only 1 year of serious production, route tree is developed, speed in/out of cuts is an issue, physical at top of route and LOS, fights for contested balls, QB play throughout career left something to be desired, good effort blocker. Developmental prospect with traits that could lead to package use and/or starting CB. BU/ST PROSPECT W/STARTING TRAITS.

Derrek Thomas (CB) BAYLOR
    RSR. 6' 3'', 189#, 10'' HANDS, 33 3/4'' ARMS, 40YD - 4.44, 10YS - , BP - 8 REPS @ 225, VJ - 39.5'', BJ - 131'', 3CONE - , 20S - , 60S -. Former WR and TEMPLE prospect who converted to CB and transferred to Baylor. Derrek is a size/speed/length phenom that is exceptionally raw and underdeveloped. His natural instincts are hard to ascertain on film study as he has great/ugly plays equally. Athleticism, speed, length, ability to open hips, excellent flexibility, great recovery speed, closing burst is above average. Areas of work needed....hand placement/disruption power, outside plant foot drive, double move reco, route tree reco, backpeddle/hip flip transition, not getting locked into QB with his vision. BU/ST CALIBER PROSPECT W/ IMPACT TRAITS. DEVELOPMENTAL PROSPECT

Dawson Knox (TE) UMS
    RJR. 6' 4'', 254#, 9 3/4'' HANDS, 33 1/2'' ARMS, 40YD - , BP - 16 REPS @ 225, VJ - 34.5'', BJ - , 3CONE - 7.12, 20S - 4.27, 60S - . Big, strong, athlete that was under used at TE in the passing game, excellent blocker in both run/pass game, strong hands, extends to make catches, good release of line vs press/pressure, maintains speed out of cuts/breaks, route tree dynamics are incomplete, needs to dominant catch point over the middle consistently, moves LBs & DEs at POA, excellent runner in space, creates YAC. Dawson is a bit raw yet uber talented TE prospect that has huge upside. STARTING CALIBER PROSPECT W/ IMPACT TRAITS.
    Last edited by like54ninjas; 03-20-2019, 10:51 AM.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

http://www.ourdailybears.com/2018/1/11/16873608/analysis-graduate-transfer-cb-derrek-thomas-is-likely-an-instant-starter

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2019/02/26/athletic-freaks-baylor-names-watch-nfl-scouting-combine

sounds like a developmental UDFA.... can we get him in a pkg w/Hurd ?? !!

RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Thomas is definitely a late round/UDFA - developmental prospect.
        Hurd is a much higher prospect for me. :ml:
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

some of our TPB "sacred cows" got "penned" by Mr. Ledyard.... one of my guys,
          CB Mark Fields, is still in good standing, albeit my Oline oxen of choice and a one Akhello Witherspoon 2.0 took a hit

http://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/draft-class-heroes--5-players-i-don-t-get-the-hype-on

when I first came across Ledyard, was struck by how harsh he could be, and actually began to cringe a bit whenever I saw he had reviewed one of "my sacred cows."

don't know if he's mellowing w/age, or if I have just adjusted to him a bit, as I do enjoy his reads for the most part, and....

if I was grading his above grades, think he might have batted 'bout .400 best as I can tell (for his first five forearm shivers), as still keeping the flag raised for both the abovementioned, and don't really know so much 'bout/haven't paid much attention to LJ@CB, albeit find it hard pressed to believe he'll be there round five ??

and do think that both of the Alabama players have prolly fallen out of day one consideration, albeit don't think they've dropped all the way to the bottom of day two, and presume they'll be off the board earlier than later day/round two.

also agree that WR David Sills is not quite as desirable as some make him out to be, and....

far as edge prospects go, am a little wary of Gary, Sweat and Ferrell w/first round grades/selections.... do think Polite will be worth the initial headache, and think Winovich would make a good day two Packer.

and last, am hoping for/looking forward to a Boltnut rebuttal re: Jaylon Ferguson.

RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
            some of our TPB "sacred cows" got "penned" by Mr. Ledyard.... one of my guys,
            CB Mark Fields, is still in good standing, albeit my Oline oxen of choice and a one Akhello Witherspoon 2.0 took a hit

http://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/draft-class-heroes--5-players-i-don-t-get-the-hype-on

when I first came across Ledyard, was struck by how harsh he could be, and actually began to cringe a bit whenever I saw he had reviewed one of "my sacred cows."

don't know if he's mellowing w/age, or if I have just adjusted to him a bit, as I do enjoy his reads for the most part, and....

if I was grading his above grades, think he might have batted 'bout .400 best as I can tell (for his first five forearm shivers), as still keeping the flag raised for both the abovementioned, and don't really know so much 'bout/haven't paid much attention to LJ@CB, albeit find it hard pressed to believe he'll be there round five ??

and do think that both of the Alabama players have prolly fallen out of day one consideration, albeit don't think they've dropped all the way to the bottom of day two, and presume they'll be off the board earlier than later day/round two.

also agree that WR David Sills is not quite as desirable as some make him out to be, and....

far as edge prospects go, am a little wary of Gary, Sweat and Ferrell w/first round grades/selections.... do think Polite will be worth the initial headache, and think Winovich would make a good day two Packer.

and last, am hoping for/looking forward to a Boltnut rebuttal re: Jaylon Ferguson.

Per Ledyard article,

Taylor Rapp > Johnathan Abram.

I have debated with Nutty over this.

With the added point that Rapp is a Combo Safety and Abram is a SS.

Nutty says otherwise.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Per Ledyard article,

Taylor Rapp > Johnathan Abram.

I have debated with Nutty over this.

With the added point that Rapp is a Combo Safety and Abram is a SS.

Nutty says otherwise.
              not sure where you got that from, as his mention is, "Why is a box safety worth a first round pick."

dunno.... when his name is Derwin James ??

my question is the same for Rapp.... if he's so dynamic, and as one pundit said, "I'm not gonna call him Derwin James, and.... "

would you really want to play Rapp @FS and keep him away from the LOS where he can do so much more for you ??

is Gus coming up w/a new flex type of D that we are yet unaware of ??

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

not sure where you got that from, as his mention is, "Why is a box safety worth a first round pick." Impact.

dunno.... when his name is Derwin James ?? Yes.

my question is the same for Rapp.... if he's so dynamic, and as one pundit said, "I'm not gonna call him Derwin James, and.... " OK.

would you really want to play Rapp @FS and keep him away from the LOS where he can do so much more for you ?? Yes.

is Gus coming up w/a new flex type of D that we are yet unaware of ?? No.
                I should have said "I derive from Ledyard article..."

Answers.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

not sure where you got that from, as his mention is, "Why is a box safety worth a first round pick."

dunno.... when his name is Derwin James ??

my question is the same for Rapp.... if he's so dynamic, and as one pundit said, "I'm not gonna call him Derwin James, and.... "

would you really want to play Rapp @FS and keep him away from the LOS where he can do so much more for you ??

is Gus coming up w/a new flex type of D that we are yet unaware of ??
                  If he can do it, why not? Ed Reed played both SS and FS in Baltimore and was good at both. When they got a capable SS they moved Reed to FS. Some guys can, some guys can't. Addae was slow and took bad angles and just wasn't good in coverage in a larger area
                  11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                  35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                  37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                  66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                  69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                  100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                  110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                  140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                  181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                  225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

some of our TPB "sacred cows" got "penned" by Mr. Ledyard....

Jaylon Ferguson dropped down my board after the Senior Bowl. Now, I find pass-rushers in the later rounds (Brailford, Shareef Miller, Maxx Crosby, Jamal Davis II). There is no reason to waste an early pick on backup edge.

Dude killed your slow-footed 2nd round RT...

As for FS... I'd rather have Juan Thornhill in the 2nd (if he lasts that long) than Abram or Rapp. Loved how mentioned he wouldn't spend a 1st round pick on a safety with questions about their speed (Rapp)... IMO, none of this year's safeties deserve 1st round grades.

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Jaylon Ferguson dropped down my board after the Senior Bowl. Now, I find pass-rushers in the later rounds (Brailford, Shareef Miller, Maxx Crosby, Jamal Davis II). There is no reason to waste an early pick on backup edge.

Dude killed your slow-footed 2nd round RT...

As for FS... I'd rather have Juan Thornhill in the 2nd (if he lasts that long) than Abram or Rapp. Loved how mentioned he wouldn't spend a 1st round pick on a safety with questions about their speed (Rapp)... IMO, none of this year's safeties deserve 1st round grades.
                      wish I liked any of the edge guys, and.... jftr, am a Yodny Cajuste guy first, then Isaiah Prince.

will admit that there is something about McGary that intrigues me, and if the Chargers FO brings him in, am more than willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.... lead boots 'n all.

and yeah, apparently you're not the only without a first round grade on any DB to speak of.... ?? (can we make it thru another season w/the likes of Rayshawn & Jaylen ?)

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

wish I liked any of the edge guys, and.... jftr, am a Yodny Cajuste guy first, then Isaiah Prince.

will admit that there is something about McGary that intrigues me, and if the Chargers FO brings him in, am more than willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.... lead boots 'n all.

and yeah, apparently you're not the only without a first round grade on any DB to speak of.... ?? (can we make it thru another season w/the likes of Rayshawn & Jaylen ?)
                        TT seems to like Jaylen Watkins. TT also seems to do well when evaluating DB's (sans Craig Mager). Rayshawn keeps developing... but is he starting FS material...? Out of college, I liked him, but I thought he was a combination safety... not a true FS. I think we can upgrade the position with a 2nd or 3rd round pick. While I don't think any of them are 1st rounders, I think there are 6 or 7 safeties that earn a 2nd or 3rd round grade from me. My safety rankings: 1) Juan Thornhill 2) Deionte Thompson 3) Chauncey Gardner-Johnson 4) Jonathan Abram 5) Darnell Savage 6) Nasir Adderley 7) Taylor Rapp.

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

My safety rankings: 1) Juan Thornhill 2) Deionte Thompson 3) Chauncey Gardner-Johnson 4) Jonathan Abram 5) Darnell Savage 6) Nasir Adderley 7) Taylor Rapp.
                          Hah.... !! 'bout the opposite of some peoples/pundits rankings of the top safeties ?? !!

and will amend my comment in the previous post, as think tackle is a bit of a need pick, and.... Erik McCoy also really has my attention, and.... not convinced Pouncey is a lifer w/us.

Comment

Working...
                          X