• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

7 - UDFA

w/about a month or so left 'til D day, wanted to get a thread started on possible seventh rounders/undrafted free agent possibilities, as likely most of us haven't heard of the soon to be mentioned prospects, or @least are less familiar w/them as compared to the ones that have been discussed ad infinitum, and.... will take some time for the most of us to take a good look see w/some of these guys:

7) LEO Christian Miller, QB Clayton Thorsen, OT Olisaemeka Odoh, 3T Daniel Wise, ILB Khalil Hodge, WR Jazz Ferguson, CB Jordan Miller, DE Corbin Kaufusi, ILB Tyrel Dodson, TE Keenen Brown

U) WR Penny Hart, DT Demarcus Christmas, LEO Maxx Crosby, DT Chris Slayton, LEO Wyatt Ray, RB Wes Hills, SS D'Cota Dixon, LB Cody Barton, DE Amani Bledsoe, NT PJ Johnson, OG Phil Haynes, 3T Cortez Broughton, OC Alec Eberle, NT Olive Sagapolu, WR John Ursua, CB Alijah Holder, S Chris Johnson, K John Baron, CB Jordan Wyatt, P Jack Fox, OG Venzell Boulware, OT Ului Lapuaho, OT Tyree St. Louis, RB Aeris Williams, LS Dan Godsil, CB Isaiah Wharton, OG Damian Prince, S Justin Clifton, OG Lester Cotton, OG Nick Natour, QB Jake Browning, P Corey Fatony, WR James Gardner

the guys in bold are the ones that I have taken a liking to, or that are of some intrigue, far as eye can tell.

who is Amani Bledsoe and what is his story ?? Phil Haynes looks like a beast/monster !! love me some Sagapolu, John Ursua and Chris Johnson, and.... never heard of Ului Lapuaho before now, and from what I can tell, he would make a great/fantastic Carson Charger. Damiam Prince is a contender, and recall not thinking all bad thoughts 'bout Jake Browning last go round.

know there are many more and hopin' we can use this thread to start compiling info/noteworthy bits 'bout some of the players we think might be worth checking into re: 7 - UDFAs ??

ps. 'bout twentysomething percent to one third of most NFL rosters are filled by UDFAs.... so UDFA lives/careers matter !!
    RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
    w/about a month or so left 'til D day, wanted to get a thread started on possible seventh rounders/undrafted free agent possibilities, as likely most of us haven't heard of the soon to be mentioned prospects, or @least are less familiar w/them as compared to the ones that have been discussed ad infinitum, and.... will take some time for the most of us to take a good look see w/some of these guys:

7) LEO Christian Miller, QB Clayton Thorsen, OT Olisaemeka Odoh, 3T Daniel Wise, ILB Khalil Hodge, WR Jazz Ferguson, CB Jordan Miller, DE Corbin Kaufusi, ILB Tyrel Dodson, TE Keenen Brown

U) WR Penny Hart, DT Demarcus Christmas, LEO Maxx Crosby, DT Chris Slayton, LEO Wyatt Ray, RB Wes Hills, SS D'Cota Dixon, LB Cody Barton, DE Amani Bledsoe, NT PJ Johnson, OG Phil Haynes, 3T Cortez Broughton, OC Alec Eberle, NT Olive Sagapolu, WR John Ursua, CB Alijah Holder, S Chris Johnson, K John Baron, CB Jordan Wyatt, P Jack Fox, OG Venzell Boulware, OT Ului Lapuaho, OT Tyree St. Louis, RB Aeris Williams, LS Dan Godsil, CB Isaiah Wharton, OG Damian Prince, S Justin Clifton, OG Lester Cotton, OG Nick Natour, QB Jake Browning, P Corey Fatony, WR James Gardner

the guys in bold are the ones that I have taken a liking to, or that are of some intrigue, far as eye can tell.

who is Amani Bledsoe and what is his story ?? Phil Haynes looks like a beast/monster !! love me some Sagapolu, John Ursua and Chris Johnson, and.... never heard of Ului Lapuaho before now, and from what I can tell, he would make a great/fantastic Carson Charger. Damiam Prince is a contender, and recall not thinking all bad thoughts 'bout Jake Browning last go round.

know there are many more and hopin' we can use this thread to start compiling info/noteworthy bits 'bout some of the players we think might be worth checking into re: 7 - UDFAs ??

ps. 'bout twentysomething percent to one third of most NFL rosters are filled by UDFAs.... so UDFA lives/careers matter !!
    Here's some info on Bledsoe:

Amani Bledsoe*, 3-4DE, Oklahoma
    Height: 6-5. Weight: 287.
    Projected 40 Time: 5.09.
    Projected Round (2019): 6-FA.

3/23/19: Bledsoe totaled 37 tackles with two sacks, four tackles for a loss and seven passes batted during 2018. The junior should have returned to school for 2019 to improve his pass-rushing skills and production, but he decided to enter the 2019 NFL Draft. Bledsoe would probably be best as a five-technique defensive end in a 3-4 defense. He did not participate in the combine.

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2019D...#ixzz5jidbV300

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

I have all these prospects with draftable grades but if they slip thru to UDFA I'd be happy to have them compete for roster spots.....

Gerri Greene (OTTO/LEO) MSST
      Austin Robinson (LB) UH
      Ty Summers (LB) TCU
      Dakota Allen (LB) TT
      Jamal Davis II ( OTTO/LEO) AKRON
      Darryl Johnson (OTTO/LEO) NCAT
      Anthony Rush (DT) UAB
      Kyle Phillips (DT/DE) TEN
      Malik Carney (LEO) UNC
      Donnell Greene (OT) UMIN
      Ethan Greenidge (OT/OG) VIL
      John Leglue (OT/OG) TUL
      Yoshua Nijman (OT) VT
      Aushton Dulin (WR/KR) MALONE
      Antoine Wesley (WR) TT
      Preston Williams (WR) CSU
      Jamal Curtis (WR) SYRACUSE
      Travis Fulgham (WR) OD
      Kyle Shurmur (QB) VANDY
      Eli Dunne (QB) UNI
      Trevon Wesco (TE) UWV
      Romello Brooker (TE) UH
      Dereck Thomas (CB) BAYLOR
      Davante Davis (CB) TEX
      Darrien Molton (CB) WSU
      Donovan Wilson (S) TXAM

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• alex8080
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

lots of good depth there incl - Kyle Phillips (DT/DE) TEN, Malik Carney (LEO) UNC, Yoshua Nijman (OT) VT (really athletic), OG Phil Haynes.

Also looking at lowery (ohio), banton (missou), Garcia Williams, ross (UC), and a host of rb's like hall from pitt and armstead from temple

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by alex8080 View Post
          lots of good depth there incl - Kyle Phillips (DT/DE) TEN, Malik Carney (LEO) UNC, Yoshua Nijman (OT) VT (really athletic), OG Phil Haynes.

Also looking at lowery (ohio), banton (missou), Garcia Williams, ross (UC), and a host of rb's like hall from pitt and armstead from temple
          All draftable prospects. Blanton's lack of speed is a major concern. Love Armstead and Hall. Mattison is my guy late....I have him as a top 100 prospect

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

All draftable prospects. Blanton's lack of speed is a major concern. Love Armstead and Hall. Mattison is my guy late....I have him as a top 100 prospect
            I saw that in your mock, Ninja...Mattison has some nice beef on him to pound the rock...we need a beefy RB to change the pace and get those tough first downs...and TD's...

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I saw that in your mock, Ninja...Mattison has some nice beef on him to pound the rock...we need a beefy RB to change the pace and get those tough first downs...and TD's...
              I really like the kid out of Nebraska.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

I really like the kid out of Nebraska.
                Ozigbo is a another guy that fits the big 3-down back with vision, receiving, and PP chops that should be there late rounds

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

We need a sledgehammer that makes scalpel exacting cuts that can replace MGIII as lead back

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
                    We need a sledgehammer that makes scalpel exacting cuts that can HIT THE HOLE QUICK AND RUN BETWEEN THE TACKLES and replace MGIII as lead back
                    There...fixed it for 'ya!

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                      Pretty much retired......
                      • Sep 2018
                      • JoJa
                      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                      • Send PM

I'm hoping Nauta out of Georgia falls into the 6-7 realm. A steal at that price and he has been under the radar/quiet with a meh combine. He is a beast however and could be a closet steal IMHO.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                        I'm hoping Nauta out of Georgia falls into the 6-7 realm. A steal at that price and he has been under the radar/quiet with a meh combine. He is a beast however and could be a closet steal IMHO.
                        Draft Network sure is high on your guy Nauta:

Nauta offers athletic upside

With the NFL Scouting Combine just weeks away, there is still a lot more to learn about the prospects in the 2019 NFL Draft. The Scouting Combine can help to separate players who have similar traits on film.

Looking at the tight end class, there is a logjam after what I view as a clear top two; T.J. Hockenson and Noah Fant. Based on the film, one of my favorites in the next tier is Georgia's Isaac Nauta.

In my opinion, Nauta is a sure-fire future starter in the NFL, with a well-balanced game that should translate easily. Despite just modest production in the receiving game, Nauta made the most of his opportunities. On just 35 targets, he accumulated 30 receptions, 430 yards and 3 touchdowns. That was good for an ultra-efficient 85.7% completion when targeted and 12.3 yards per target. Despite the somewhat limited passing reps, he showed complete ability as a pass-catching tight end.

A former 5-star recruit, Nauta has obvious athleticism for his size. He caught this underneath pass against Auburn and showed off ability in picking up yards after the catch:

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍