• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamamike
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post

I expect their to be a run. I dont expect murphy,greedy,rapp, thornhill, to be there. Just like i dont expect ford or taylor to be there. Imjust saying the reason why people like me are looking at dbs who can play multiple spots is because verrett is gone. Casey is aging. King we only play in the slot. And trvor is on a 1 year deal. So im looking st players and trying to find bpa
    Teams also need edge rushers, oline, wrs,even RB. I see a large group of similarly graded (rds2-3)of corners and safeties. Not all teams have similar needs and priorities of needs where similar. IMO this draft was very weak at the top and is very thick in the middle for many positions. Very few oline men and edge players have been picked up, lock will get picked and maybe even Grier and rb. I can see several wrs taken in rd 2 as well. As we have also seen from rd 1, teams value players much differently than the mocked rankings and teams boards are not the same rankings between position groups. This draft is full of position clusters with round 2-3 value IMO. I don't want greedy for instance. I am comfortable with our draft room to get players that will fit into our system.
    Last edited by Panamamike; 04-26-2019, 02:52 PM.

Comment

• Panamamike
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

There was, what I thought, some serious value there at 28...so why didn't we take a DB? I said before I find the constant need for DBs annoying...but it is what it is, and there were some really good guys there at 28.

If they feel confident in their targeting, they probably feel guys they like will be there later.

Because there is a large group of Dbs with rd 2-3 value and none worth a first in this draft IMO.

Comment

• charger1993
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Teams also need edge rushers, oline, wrs,even RB. I see a large group of similarly graded (rds2-3)of corners and safeties. Not all teams have similar needs and priorities of needs where similar. IMO this draft was very weak at the top and is very thick in the middle for many positions. Very few oline men and edge players have been picked up, lock will get picked and maybe even Grier and rb. I can see several wrs taken in rd 2 as well. As we have also seen from rd 1, teams value players much differently than the mocked rankings and teams boards are not the same rankings between position groups. This draft is full of position clusters with round 2-3 value IMO. I don't want greedy for instance. I am comfortable with our draft room to get players that will fit into our system.
        Dont get me wrong i want players who fit our scheme. I just dont want another mounton pick. All i ask is draft Bpa and not reach. The only way ima be real upset today is if we take a qb,p,k,fb,ls. If we take one of those positions ill be pissed. Other than that i just want a sensible well thought out draft

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

#60 Bunting-CB
          #91 Scharping-OT
          Who has it better than us?

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Mack Wilson/Jamel Dean

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

then Telesco goes all offense

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Congrats to all the players. But we got skunked. Not one player picked by any player.

The draft makes fools of us all.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞