• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KNSD
    Registered Charger Hater
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Jeff Siniard (BFTB Stadium Guru) Goes Off

The media campaign to ingratiate the Los Angeles Chargers into their new market has begun in earnest. We've seen/heard Dean Spanos give inte...

If there's one thing I want to make sure everyone understands going forward, whether in SD or not, it's this. Measure C, and most of what happened in 2016, was a fraud perpetrated by the Chargers to get to LA.
    Prediction:
    Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
    Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
    Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.
  • Faded blues
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
    http://chasingthedamncat.blogspot.co...th-to-los.html

If there's one thing I want to make sure everyone understands going forward, whether in SD or not, it's this. Measure C, and most of what happened in 2016, was a fraud perpetrated by the Chargers to get to LA.
    Thank you for that.

My thoughts exactly.

Scott, tell your friend jeff that he did a wonderful job on that piece.

Comment

• Wheels
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • San Diego
      • Send PM

Steve Hartman on The loose Cannons was explaining yesterday that 2016 was a charade. They were never staying. The deal was the Chargers just had to wait a year, let the Rams settle down first, then they would (not could) join them.

Imagine the poor marks out there that actually expended a lot of time and energy fighting on behalf of the Spanos family to get Measure C passed. It's absolutely reprehensible.

Anyone still feel good about following the NFL at all? Even if you're not a Chargers fan, Dean's getting some of your money if you follow any team.

Comment

• Faded blues
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
        Steve Hartman on The loose Cannons was explaining yesterday that 2016 was a charade. They were never staying. The deal was the Chargers just had to wait a year, let the Rams settle down first, then they would (not could) join them.

Imagine the poor marks out there that actually expended a lot of time and energy fighting on behalf of the Spanos family to get Measure C passed. It's absolutely reprehensible.

Anyone still feel good about following the NFL at all? Even if you're not a Chargers fan, Dean's getting some of your money if you follow any team.
        This.

I no longer have cable and have different ways to watch football.

I will not support the NFL in anyway that could financially benefit them.

I even retired from fantasy football.

Comment

fender57
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I hope somehow Deano goes tits up ala Art Modell.

Comment

• captaind
            Cook This Pork Chops
            • Jun 2013
            • Mars
            • Ball Holder
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Wheels View Post

That's an expensive charade for someone as cheap as Spanos is. I realize they get the bump in franchise value, but not in actual cash - something they're going to have issues with in the very near future.

That will be his highest priority for the next decade or more. Fans like us will be an afterthought. He'll be fishing for the corporate money. Which is why (for me, an out-of-towner) it's pointless to pull for them anymore. They will never win a Super Bowl when their primary focus will be raising cash.

I think he's going to lose his ass in the long run.

But to this idea that this was all a charade, I disagree based on everything I've read here. Dean doesn't have the intellect to pull a fast one on anybody. This was more an ego thing for a trust fund baby who desires most to be in the "in" crowd - ironically, a crowd that is laughing at him.

I hope he doesn't read this. I'd hate to hurt his feelings.

Comment

• Wheels
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • San Diego
              • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post
              That's an expensive charade for someone as cheap as Spanos is. I realize they get the bump in franchise value, but not in actual cash - something they're going to have issues with in the very near future.

That will be his highest priority for the next decade or more. Fans like us will be an afterthought. He'll be fishing for the corporate money. Which is why (for me, an out-of-towner) it's pointless to pull for them anymore. They will never win a Super Bowl when their primary focus will be raising cash.

But to this idea that this was all a charade, I disagree based on everything I've read here. Dean doesn't have the intellect to pull a fast one on anybody. This was more an ego thing for a trust fund baby who desires most to be in the "in" crowd - ironically, a crowd that is laughing at him.

It was cheaper than paying rent in the Coliseum for 2016. They really didn't invest much. It was clear they didn't try very hard. So why not try if you're paying anything at all, unless you really didn't want it to be successful.

Many of us took issue with him not taking the easy option which was Mission Valley. That would have worked. Measure C was never going to work.

Comment

fender57
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

Deano wasn't smart enough to pull off this charade but Fibs sure as hell was.

Comment

• TTK
                  EX-Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • America's Finest City
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                  Deano wasn't smart enough to pull off this charade but Fibs sure as hell was.
                  Yeah, this was all Fibiani.

And BTW, reports are that Deano's relocation fee got reduced by the amount he spent on Measure C. The fix was definitely in.

Comment

fender57
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post

And BTW, reports are that Deano's relocation fee got reduced by the amount he spent on Measure C. The fix was definitely in.
                    What a fucking joke. It just keeps getting better. Dean Spanos is the biggest asshole in sports.

Comment

• captaind
                      Cook This Pork Chops
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Mars
                      • Ball Holder
                      • Send PM

That would change my perspective. Who is behind these reports?

Comment

• bonehead
                        Undrafted
                        • Jul 2013
                        • TBD
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

WTF?? Bullshit.....that and Spani paying the relocation over 10'years.....it was a set up
                        Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

Working...
                        X