Not forgiving Deano for moving team, but this article points out some NFL problems

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Geezbolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Sun Valley, ID
    • Send PM

Not forgiving Deano for moving team, but this article points out some NFL problems

• Lightningwill_420

Poor little NFL owners can't hack it in places like San Diego and the Natti. For some reason, baseball owners don't have the same struggles.

Comment

• Maverick
      (Coryellian)
      • Jun 2013
      • Point Loma
      • Send PM

What I don't understand is how much (if any) "other local stadium revenue" the Chargers will recieve, given they will ultimately be merely renting Kroenke's building.
      Since they won't have their own stadium, it doesn't seem like the economics would be that great, especially in light of the huge relo fee.
      Also, is the team even worth more in LA if they aren't generating this extra "local stadium revenue"?
      Am I wrong on the specifics of this?
      Still seems like a dumb move to me.

Comment

• SDFan
        Woober Goober
        • Jun 2013
        • Dolores, CO
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
        What I don't understand is how much (if any) "other local stadium revenue" the Chargers will recieve, given they will ultimately be merely renting Kroenke's building.
        Since they won't have their own stadium, it doesn't seem like the economics would be that great, especially in light of the huge relo fee.
        Also, is the team even worth more in LA if they aren't generating this extra "local stadium revenue"?
        Am I wrong on the specifics of this?
        Still seems like a dumb move to me.
        Game day parking, concessions, advertising on TV and radio. I read an article about a year ago that the biggest profits now come from the game day experience once fans are INSIDE the stadium already. The article went on to say the average spend is $100.00 per person. Even in tiny Stub Hub with 30000 attending - multiply that by $100 each and they rake in $3Mil per game not even counting the other stuff I mentioned above.
        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Wheels
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • San Diego
          • Send PM

Still trying to figure out how the income disparity between rich teams and relatively poor teams has any impact anywhere other than the owner's profits.

Considering that there is revenue sharing and a salary cap:

Can a poor team afford all players up to the salary cap limit? yes
          Can a poor team afford even decadent coaching salaries? yes
          Can a poor team afford to pay the front office and business ops? yes
          Does the owner still make hefty a profit? yes
          Is the capital investment appreciating? yes, and it's not even close.

Seems to me, this is more about keeping up with the Joneses. The poor owners are looking for status within their own little circle of NFL owners.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
            Still trying to figure out how the income disparity between rich teams and relatively poor teams has any impact anywhere other than the owner's profits.

Considering that there is revenue sharing and a salary cap:

Can a poor team afford all players up to the salary cap limit? yes
            Can a poor team afford even decadent coaching salaries? yes
            Can a poor team afford to pay the front office and business ops? yes
            Does the owner still make hefty a profit? yes
            Is the capital investment appreciating? yes, and it's not even close.

Seems to me, this is more about keeping up with the Joneses. The poor owners are looking for status within their own little circle of NFL owners.
            Poor, poor rich people. Must be tough.

Comment

• foreigner
              Tom Telesco is gone
              • Sep 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lightningwill_420 View Post
              Poor little NFL owners can't hack it in places like San Diego and the Natti. For some reason, baseball owners don't have the same struggles.
              MLB is not a sweetie either... I think they are equally evil....

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
                MLB is not a sweetie either... I think they are equally evil....
                Probably. But it has been a while since a baseball team has moved.

Comment

• Savage Lizard
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Big Bear
                  • Self-employed property manager.
                  • Send PM

Just move every team to Los Angeles and New York and be done with it.

Comment

Working...
                  X