• Show
Clear All
  • Faded blues
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2013
    • Send PM

My conspiracy theory: charger related

my last post was deleted. Oh well.

The cbargers are are going to lose money the next 3 seasons.

just not possible playing in the stubhub. Do the math:

65 mil relocation fee per year

rent to stub hub

operating costs

moving expenses

expesnes in finding or building facilities such as practice and offices.

now consider other losses when past income structures not possible as of now. max capacity of stubhub is around 25k.

thats around 40 k less people to pay for parking, concessions and merchandise. Raising ticket prices can't fix that.

they had free rent at Qualcomm.

namimg rights gone.

no revenue from psls.

Not the same amount of suites at srubhub.

The next 3 years are goimg to kill the Spanos.

Essentially, they would have made much more cash by staying in San Diego.

so here is my theory:

soccer city goes down in flames which is very likely.

the Jmi/Manchester/sdsu plan goes forward where a NFL stadium is built.

spanos makes a call and gets a favorable agreement.

spanos gets to use a brand new stadium with all the bells and whistles in the only place that he has a fan base.

I guarantee spanos is watching what happens in mission valley and weighing his options.

and the chargers are our only shot of getting the NFL back.

Flame away!

• Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

How did your post get deleted?

Anyway, it's an interesting theory. No matter what the Chargers do, someone will be sore about something. Also, the Chargers seem to tilt their numbers optimistically for the LA market as far as support goes, both by fan base and corporations. I would guess their fan base projections may be irrelevant, and they need the corporate sales for premium seating a lot more. They do have the TV contract money, which is their cash cow, but anything could happen with entertainment dollars. The longer they are not in a permanent stadium, the worse their situation would be.

Comment

• FiftyFive
      Dean Spanos is a traitor!
      • Dec 2014
      • Send PM

Your theory makes no sense. If Dean ever wanted to make things work in San Diego, a Mission Valley stadium would have been built by now. He wouldn't need to spend years losing money in LA while alienating the entire city he expects to get a free stadium from.

Expansion is the best chance at bringing the NFL back to San Diego. For better or worse, it's only a matter of time before the league starts to expand globally, and a San Diego team (if marketed correctly) can easily bring in the Tijuana market.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Your thread was a duplicate of a topic already in the legacy forum. I thought for sure you didnt put it in the NFLforum on purpose. I seem to recall it being the typical anti charger message? I probably should have merged it.

Im trying to figure out why this thread is in the NFL forum? Are you not seeing the Legacy forum for some reason? Im not even certain this is anti charger stuff here you are posting. But it feels like pure Charger related and not NFL so much.

Im assuming you post the charger stuff in the NFL forum because you want guests to see what you are saying. Thats my conspiracy theory. lol

Id love for this to happen by the way.

Comment

Working...
        X