• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Overtime reduced to 10 minutes and other rule changes

I wonder how many of the teams that win the toss just try to burn the clock and kick a FG, instead of going for a TD.
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Another rule change, 2 players can be brought back from Injured Reserve.

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

75-man cutdown day eliminated. So the teams can go from 90 to 53 just before the season.

Comment

• Rugger05
        Rugger05 commented
        Editing a comment
        Damn you beat by seconds........................
    • Rugger05
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Another change is there will be only one cut down to get to the 52 man roster

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

The cut-down day will be as big a zoo as the UDFA rush, I think. They have to set up a practice squad (Chargers would probably set it up short of fill), and evaluate the vets getting cut on other teams and then leave guys on the curve. Probably better for the younger guys as they get a longer look, but I think vets could be let loose earlier as well.

Comment

• Rugger05
          Rugger05 commented
          Editing a comment
          As TT grows into the GM position, I feel like the Chargers have made good us of getting some veteran help on from the final cuts
      • BlazingBolt
        SLAM DUNK!
        • Jun 2013
        • East County San Diego
        • Bolt fanatic
        • Send PM

Stupid. First they make overtime longer by ditching the sudden death part as far as Fieldgoals go and now they are making it shorter by cutting it down to 10 minutes. Do they want it longer or shorter?

Better solution: Sudden Death but you can't kick a Fieldgoal on first possesion. This eliminates the entirety of the pointlessness of the scenario of both teams kicking fieldgoals to open overtime. That just delays us getting to the old rule but it still just gets us to the old rule while wasting our time. If the new rule doesn't accomplish a fieldgoal on the first possesion everyone is fine with sudden death anyway.
        migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡