• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
    And I think oip had a point, they DID look like a team that has been reading their press clippings about how great they were going to be.
    The Lakers played well and harder down the stretch. I don't think this means the Clippers have been reading press clippings. First of all that is not consistent with who Doc Rivers, Chris Paul and Blake Griffin are. It is not consistent with what has been reported about the team. I think they looked like a team that is still trying to mesh. Bringing in Reddick and Dudley and integrating them into the rotations (particularly with Crawford) doesn't happen overnight, especially with Reddick and Matt Barnes missing a significant amount of time in camp. Neither Reddick nor Barnes were factors in the second half, possibly because they are still rounding into game shape. Instituting Rivers' defense is likely to be a season-long endeavor.

My point in this whole thread has been that drawing any real conclusions after one game doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It also is pretty wishful to judge the collapse due to resting on laurels. It's simply not consistent with what's happening with the team. As for off-court stuff, Rivers is trying to change the culture. Good for him. But it doesn't have anything to do with what happened the other night.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

The Clippers will be fine, but I think most of the attention the results of the game drew was how lackidasical the Clippers looked. And I think oip had a point, they DID look like a team that has been reading their press clippings about how great they were going to be.
      Teams have letdown games but to lose to 5 benchwarmers the way they did had to be humiliating. Especially with all that 'change the culture' BS that Doc has been slinging.

As though covering up the banners and scouting championship parade routes is going to help the team. They looked like a team that thought all they had to do was show up.
      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
        No Sir, I Dont Like It
        • Jun 2013
        • Section 457
        • Migrant Film Worker
        • Send PM

Lesser Rivers!
        Love it.
        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
        sigpic

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Passive aggressive. Talk therapy.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
            Lesser Rivers!
            Love it.
            Perfect fit with Donald Sterling
            Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• sandiego17
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Back to back games in the NBA suck, especially traveling for the second game. Teams so far are 1-5 (from what I can tell, may have missed something) including the Heat losing to the 6ers and only the Pacers over the Pelicans on Wednesday.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

"Decent team" got humiliated. Hm.

Comment

• sandiego17
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

GS is fun to watch, but they have flaws. They are decent though and Clips are decent too, but I don't think either is a champion. GS bothers me very little, so hope they do win it, or its Minnesota or Milwaukee. I could live with Indiana.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
                    GS is fun to watch, but they have flaws. They are decent though and Clips are decent too, but I don't think either is a champion. GS bothers me very little, so hope they do win it, or its Minnesota or Milwaukee. I could live with Indiana.
                    GS are fun to watch but I don't think they are anywhere near a championship team. I do think the Pacers can be one of the top 2-3 teams
                    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • SoDak
                      • Technology Director
                      • Send PM

Lakers beat the Clippers.

Play the 2nd game of back to back away at GS and get creamed.

Golden State beat the Lakers.

Played the 2nd game of back to back away at the Clippers, and were beaten soundly.

It's not rocket science, as pointed out above...the Heat lost at the Sixers the 2nd night of back to backs on the road.

It's going to be a fun season. I'm becoming a full on Milwaukee Bucks fan, as South Dakota State PG Nate Wolters is playing for them.
                      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Maybe GS and the Heat were just living off of press clippings.

Good "analysis."

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

It's not rocket science, as pointed out above...the Heat lost at the Sixers the 2nd night of back to backs on the road.
                          Back to backs are going to be deadly to a team like the Lakers.
                          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

Working...
                          X