Clear All
  • Coachmarkos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • SoDak
    • Technology Director
    • Send PM

College Hoops 18-19

Season is starting up, with most squads playing exhibitions this week!

Intending this thread to be a "catch all" for college hoops this season.

How is your school looking? (I don't really follow the mountain West, so I know little to nothing about the Aztecs this coming season...for those that are Aztec fans)

My own SDSU Jackrabbits are favored to win the Summit League again... but you never know what will happen.
    (I'm also a UNC Tar Heels fan, from back when SDSU was still a D2 school, and I've kept cheering for them as my "major" school)
    "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."
  • thelightningwill
    Go Aztecs and Pads
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Aztecs rule. Cortez will get what's coming some day; then we'll go back to kicking it with our Xolo dogs on our floating gardens. So it is written, and so it shall be.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
      Superbowl?
      • Sep 2018
      • Los Angeles/Chicago
      • Send PM

As I am related to Coach K I am one of the biggest Duke fans out there!! Any Chargers/Blue Devils fans here?

Tough match up 1st game of the year vs. Kentucky. Win that and I can see them going 41-0!

Comment

• Coachmarkos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • SoDak
        • Technology Director
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
        As I am related to Coach K I am one of the biggest Duke fans out there!! Any Chargers/Blue Devils fans here?

Tough match up 1st game of the year vs. Kentucky. Win that and I can see them going 41-0!
        oof. we're not going to get along.

To say I'm biased against Duke, would be putting it mildly. I'm shocked that they aren't ranked #1 to start the season again.

I'm not shocked that espn is giving them their own little show... wonder how they get all those phenomenal recruiting classes?

Comment

• ChargingBolts
          Superbowl?
          • Sep 2018
          • Los Angeles/Chicago
          • Send PM

They have been getting those phenomenal recruiting classes because Coack K was the USA Gold medal winning mens basketball head coach for over a decade by coaching Kobe and Lebron, etc. That makes kids want to play for you, if anything, shame on the other coaches for not being the head coach.

After that smack down on UK the other night I see 41-0 here we come!!

I still can't understand why people hate on Duke instead of UNC, UNC has been just as successful and is easy to get into whereas Duke is hard to get into, UNC has had scandals, they are the Yankees of NCAAMBB not Duke in my opinion.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • SoDak
            • Technology Director
            • Send PM

Oh yeah, UNC is not innocent as many would think.

When I was a kid... I had a friend who moved here (South Dakota) from North Carolina, so when they played Georgetown in the NCAA Championship, I cheered for them, and it just stuck.

I'm an SDSU Jackrabbits fan, first and foremost, however. But as they are a mid major, I just keep cheering for the Heels as my major college school.

Duke has an amazing class this year... they will be really good. I just choose not to cheer for them! :what:

I wouldn't respect myself.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
              Superbowl?
              • Sep 2018
              • Los Angeles/Chicago
              • Send PM

Oh, and another way Coach K gets top picks is ... Christianity ... I follow all the past and current players on Twitter and they are always tweeting bible verses, I think their parents want their children playing with other Christians
              Last edited by ChargingBolts; 11-11-2018, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍