Breaking News

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking News

From Thursday night football, Jerry Jones tried to buy the San Diego Chargers when he was 23 years old.

What a difference that would have made, having an owner that wants to make money by winning first instead of make money by squeezing every penny.
    Making the push

Let it go will ya...geez

Comment

Hardly breaking...this had been known for years. He couldn't get the financing so he he actually had to earn it.

Comment

Jerry Jones gets a lot of shit from fans, but at least he actually cares about winning. That makes him better than the Spanos family by orders of magnitude. He also actually knew the game before he went senile. Needless to say, the Chargers would still be in San Diego today if Jerry had succeeded in buying them.

Comment

maybe he would have moved them to Dallas?
          Chagras Got no barg!!!!!!!

Comment

Jerrah was born in Inglewood... I think he would have taken L.A.

Comment

Originally posted by FiftyFive View Post
              Jerry Jones gets a lot of shit from fans, but at least he actually cares about winning. That makes him better than the Spanos family by orders of magnitude. He also actually knew the game before he went senile. Needless to say, the Chargers would still be in San Diego today if Jerry had succeeded in buying them.
              If you don't mind having Jerry Jones as your GM. I don't know how that equates to him wanting to win. Firing Jimmy Johnson was his worst move ....aside from becoming the GM, and he hasn't won since.
              And I don't think they would still be in SD after he was watching the stadium half filled with the opponents Fans. If you think he would of put up with that and not moved then your just fooling yourself. He would of bolted for LA the first chance he got.
              Last edited by Boltjolt; 08-12-2017, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

If you don't mind having Jerry Jones as your GM. I don't know how that equates to him wanting to win. Firing Jimmy Johnson was his worst move ....aside from becoming the GM, and he hasn't won since.
                And I don't think they would still be in SD after he was watching the stadium half filled with the opponents Fans. If you think he would of put up with that and not moved then your just fooling yourself. He would of bolted for LA the first chance he got.
                yeah, except for the Super Bowl they won the next year with a college Head Coach with no NFL experience- but other than that you're kinda right.

Comment

Originally posted by SDfan View Post

yeah, except for the Super Bowl they won the next year with a college Head Coach with no NFL experience- but other than that you're kinda right.
                  Well yes but that was Jimmys roster that he built. He hasn't won since then lol.

Comment

And Jimmy's coaching staff I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Well yes but that was Jimmys roster that he built. He hasn't won since then lol.
                      I thought you said Jerrah was the GM?That means he supplied the players for JJ to coach right? Who pulled off the Hershel Walker trade that gave them all those good players for JJ? Credit where credit is due?

Comment

I thought you said Jerrah was the GM?That means he supplied the players for JJ to coach right? Who pulled off the Hershel Walker trade that gave them all those good players for JJ? Credit where credit is due?
                        I always thought Jimmy was the defacto GM and he was the one who pulled off that trade.

Comment

Nope, Jerry wasn't the GM then. Jimmy was playing that role and that was one of the downfalls to their relationship. Jimmy would make moves and Jerry was taking credit for it in the press which irritated Jimmy, so some time after Jimmy left, Jerry played GM and he was horrible at it and why he brought in Parcels. But he wouldn't stay out of Parcels way so he left.
                          Remember when Jerry made Parcels start Drew Henson and Parcels said he wasn't ready, but Jerry insisted, so he started him and Hensen was horrible.
                          Jerry is the GM now and has been since Parcels left and Jerry's Son who is working with him, still has to reel Jerry in from doing stupid things. Like wanting to draft Johnny Manzel.
                          Last edited by Boltjolt; 08-14-2017, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 6025 View Post

I always thought Jimmy was the defacto GM and he was the one who pulled off that trade.
                            Correct

Comment

Working...
                            X