X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Embarassed?

Anyone else embarrassed? Definitely going to temper my expectations now. Just dont understand how you can execute so poorly against such garbage.

Hopefully Flowers ices that groin up and hires a great Asian masseuse 24/7 for the next week to rub it down.

At least now maybe the hype machine will cool off now that we played like shit and we can fly under the radar for awhile.
  • Sec-E4
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2014
    • Arizona
    • Send PM

I'm not

When's the last time we've been 5-1 ? We've had a shit ton of injuries & we still found a way to win

Keep in mind the Raiders had Fresh Legs & a new HeadCoach.....We didn't exaclty know what kind of GamePlan they were coming at us with. The Raiders left it all out on the Field & are out to cramp a teams style

Look at how we almost lost to the Chiefs 3rd string players, Then came back the following week & won an Away Play off game

Ugly wins happen

Comment

• Beerman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Eastlake
      • Send PM

I'll take 10 more ugly wins please. Inferior teams win every week. It plagued us last season. Those are grown ass men playing on the other team. Yes, there were issues, but it's a damn win. 5-1 and the best record in the league. As long as Rivers is upright, this team can beat anyone in this league. All that matters is getting into the post season.

Comment

• blahblahblah
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2013
        • Send PM

Division rival with a new coach coming off a bye on the road. A win is all that counts.

There are some areas of concern on this team but they're the same as last week.

Comment

After the freeney speech of good teams destroy bad teams i guess i just expected better. This just seemed like it was worse than your average down game. Im glad we got it done, maybe a nice lesson for the rest of the way to take things seriously no matter who the opponent.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
            SLAM DUNK!
            • Jun 2013
            • East County San Diego
            • Bolt fanatic
            • Send PM

We didn't win pretty enough? Seriously?

I thought this mentallity left with norv. I am not disappointed in the least. We won a division game on the road. That's a good day.
            migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• floydefisher
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • siberiacuse, ny
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Hard4SanDiego View Post
              Anyone else embarrassed? Definitely going to temper my expectations now. Just dont understand how you can execute so poorly against such garbage.

Hopefully Flowers ices that groin up and hires a great Asian masseuse 24/7 for the next week to rub it down.

At least now maybe the hype machine will cool off now that we played like shit and we can fly under the radar for awhile.
              It's a rivalry....in those kind of games, you throw everything out the window, and hang on for dear life.

I personally found it amazing how well the Raiders can play when motivated....maybe all they need is a veteran presence to get them playing like this every game?
              sigpic

Comment

• Panamamike
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
                We didn't win pretty enough? Seriously?

I thought this mentallity left with norv. I am not disappointed in the least. We won a division game on the road. That's a good day.
                Exactly.

Comment

• Panama
                  パナマ
                  • Aug 2013
                  • London
                  • Opera singer and web developer.
                  • Send PM

Given the number of injuries we've had, we should probably be 2-4 or 3-3, not 5-1. That we keep winning, even if occasionally in ugly fashion, is a testament to how good and well-coached a team this is.
                  Adipose

Comment

• SoDak Charger
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2014
                    • Send PM

I seem to recall the Raiders playing the Patriots pretty darned tough. It got poo-pooed mostly because that was amid the slump, when the media was all over Brady as being done. The Raiders made it a game, I was pretty irritated for most of it, but we still have a division win.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                      Charger Fan till the end
                      • Jun 2013
                      • North Carolina
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                      Given the number of injuries we've had, we should probably be 2-4 or 3-3, not 5-1. That we keep winning, even if occasionally in ugly fashion, is a testament to how good and well-coached a team this is.
                      Agreed....a W is a W is a W. We are still a young team and will not always execute like did the last few weeks against other bottom teams. Injuries will catch up with you and matchups do matter. The O.Co (wtf is that about anyway?) is a tough place to play....i know the Raiders look at our rival as their Superbowl game every year at home. Carr is a keeper...he can make all the throws...did a nice job for most the game. Raiders have played some teams tough...they do have some talent and on any Sunday anyone team can win.

Im not embarrassedd. We came out the Winner. Another W in our record is huge.

Hope Flowers is ok. I bet hes out next week against KC. At least its a home game. I would rest him for Denver or suit him but only emergency play.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

No.

Proud of a team that overcame a lot of adversity to pull out a road win where they weren't at their best. Given our ongoing injury problems how can you be anything but proud?

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍