• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

It's just nice to have enough offensive weapons that we can wonder how a guy with 28 catches in 6 games is having a bit of down year so far.

Comment

• KarlC
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
      Discuss.
      Keenan Allen doesn't have a touchdown yet!

SD guy in OZ

Comment

• Yubaking
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
        Unfortunately Richard Marshall is very visible.
        I was going to say the same thing about Butler.

Comment

• Yubaking
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
          It's just nice to have enough offensive weapons that we can wonder how a guy with 28 catches in 6 games is having a bit of down year so far.
          Allen has been defended by some of the best CBs in the league (Sherman, Peterson) so far this year. Even with that, he is still on pace to catch 75 passes. By the end of the year, his yards per reception will probably be somewhat higher and he will likely have some TDs. If nothing about his rate changed, he would still have about 800 receiving yards, which is not awful.

I think that it was always obvious that with Floyd returning and efforts to get some passes to Green to go along with the passes that we knew would be going to Gates and Royal, that Allen was not going to be able to produce at the same rate per game as last year when he was the only good WR option at times.

I don't think Allen is playing worse than he was last year, just that other guys are involved more. Also, Floyd (bigger, longer, faster) and even Royal (faster) are better deep options this year, so it makes sense that they would catch more of the longer balls while Allen gets open quickly on shorter passes. The WRs complement each other nicely that way.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
            Grammar Police
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I believe Keenan and Green are being saved so teams have little film on their development. They have skill sets to compliment each other when we go away from Floyd, Gates and Royal.
            Go Rivers!

Comment

• Screeme
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I decided not to play Keenan on my fantasy team this week, so you should all be prepared for his breakout game today.

You're welcome

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

Kennan is a lot better vs man to man then zones, so you may well see the breakout game. That could be especially true if KC decides to help their nickle DB with some extra help to minimize the impact of Gates and Royal. That would basically leave Floyd and/or Allen singled up outside.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍