Clear All
  • bonehead
    Undrafted
    • Jul 2013
    • TBD
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CTrout View Post
    I wouldn't complain about adding Suh but you'd have to think his contract will be astronomical. I just
    don't think we're in the greatest position to be giving out that type of $$ to one player. We have way to many
    other things to worry about.
    T. Knighton from Denver would be much cheaper and still give us a major upgrade.
    Would love Knighton but he has expressed that he wants to stay in Denver so I'm sure they will come to an agreement but I will hold out hope horseface screws up negotiations
    Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Sec-E4
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2014
      • Arizona
      • Send PM

Pretty sure Suh will take the highest offer and isn't worried about what team

Comment

• bonehead
        Undrafted
        • Jul 2013
        • TBD
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Sec-E4 View Post
        We'll have to disagree, can't see any top tier ***ent going to a craphole organization like Oakland when you can get the same money in five other cities
        When was the last time Oakland got one of the consensus top free agents ?
        Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Shit happens my friend, especial when a Davis is involved...
          Go Rivers!

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Eric Williams ‏@eric_d_williams 1h1 hour ago
            Telesco also said that Donald Brown will remain with the team in 2015, and that he likes the overall talent at the RB position.

Telesco also did not rule out the possible return of RB Ryan Mathews in free agency: "We know what Ryan brings to us. He's a great kid."

Comment

• Faded blues
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
              Telesco also said that Donald Brown will remain with the team in 2015, and that he likes the overall talent at the RB position.

Telesco also did not rule out the possible return of RB Ryan Mathews in free agency: "We know what Ryan brings to us. He's a great kid."
              Well sounds like they blame the line for the problems with running the ball.

better damn upgade the line a ton.

Comment

• QSmokey
                Guardedly Optimistic
                • Jun 2013
                • Kuna, Idaho
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Faded blues View Post

Well, I suppose there's nothing "wrong" with Mathews-Woodhead-Oliver-Brown. Sure would be nice to get a full schedule out of such a backfield. And, of yeah, fix the damned OL.

Comment

• TTK
                  EX-Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • America's Finest City
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Faded blues View Post

If the line was so good that Mathews wouldn't get touched on every play, he'd never get hurt!

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                    No Sir, I Dont Like It
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Section 457
                    • Migrant Film Worker
                    • Send PM

We need a #1 RB to take touches away from the guys we used this year.
                    Not a guy who had half the touches Oliver had. He can pack his shit and go.
                    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Sec-E4 View Post
                      Suh has already said his agent is going to decide. It will be based on money, and I suppose a little bit on how much he can earn off field through endorsements, which is probably zero thanks to the Rodgers thing. The usual structure of the deal will also frame it some. But he is basically cost our entire caps space, since he is looking for a deal in the $22 mil + range (minus some for draft picks and emergency players next seasons ~$4 mill).

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                        Grammar Police
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Rivers grateful, not sure about extension
                        By Kevin Acee 02:47p.m. Dec 31, 2014

The Chargers want Philip Rivers to be their quarterback for the remainder of his career.

Rivers isn't ready to commit to that, though it certainly might happen. In fact, it could happen sooner than later.

Rivers and his family were among those enjoying the winter wonderland that is San Diego, heading to the mountains to play in the snow for a few days this week. His desire to spend time with his family and decompress after a deflating finish to the season preclude us (and, really, him) from immediately knowing exactly how Rivers will process what Chargers general manager Tom Telesco declared on Wednesday.

“We’re committed to make sure Philip retires as a Charger,” Telesco said in his annual end-of-season press conference.

Asked specifically if the Chargers would address an extension to Rivers’ current contract, which runs out after the 2015 season, Telesco said, “At the appropriate time, we’ll definitely get to it.”

Rivers indicated later Wednesday he needs time to properly consider the issue, making it clear he is not close to a decision about his long-term future.

"Very grateful that the organization feels that way," he said via text. "There are a lot of questions right now regarding health, how much longer I wanna play, the possibility of just playing this contract out ... I imagine the picture will clear up over the next few months."

Asked if it was possible 2015 would be his final season, Rivers responded, "I guess that's possible. I guess re-signing here after (the year) is also possible ... I guess playing somewhere else is also possible."

He is nursing a back injury that hampered him the final month of the season, as well as sharp disappointment over the way the season’s final month transpired. He likely won't won’t be addressing football for a while, as he waits to see if his back continues to improve so he can avoid surgery and allows his frustration to ebb.

Those close to him say it is just as likely he instructs his agent to proceed with talks of an extension as it is to decide to play out his contract.

Rivers threw for 4,286 yards in 2014, extending his team record to six 4,000-yard seasons. It was also his fourth season with at least 30 touchdowns (31) and his second straight season with a completion percentage above 66 percent.

However, his 93.8 passer rating was almost 12 points lower than 2013, and he had just one rating above 100 in the Chargers’ final 10 games.

Rivers finished 12th in the league in passer rating and eighth in touchdowns and yards. His 66.5 percent completion rate was fourth.

Telesco acknowledged Wednesday that the Chargers need to augment the weapons around Rivers, beginning with the offensive line. The Chargers ranked 17th out of 32 teams in sacks per pass play. Rivers was sacked 36 times in 606 dropbacks, including seven sacks in a season-ending loss at Kansas City which kept the Chargers from making the playoffs. According to the scouting web site ProFootballFocus.com, the Chargers line ranked 29th in pass-blocking efficiency when factoring number of sacks, hurries and hits allowed.

Rivers turned 33 at the beginning of December. Telesco said Wednesday he believes Rivers has a good number of years left in him, and Rivers has talked about playing out another contract, though he has said he doesn’t have a specific retirement age in mind.

In nine seasons as the Chargers’ starting quarterback, Rivers has led the team to the playoffs five times and had just one losing season. He has started 144 consecutive games, the NFL’s second-longest active streak.

In addition to securing their franchise quarterback for a number of years, the Chargers could save $5-7 million against the salary cap in 2015 by reworking Rivers' contract. He is due $15.75 million with a $17.4 million cap number.
                        Go Rivers!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                          Grammar Police
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

San Diego Chargers: Philip Rivers’ time has run its course

January 1, 2015 by Paul Ounjian

TwitterFacebook1GoogleRedditEmailPrint
                          Enough is enough! The city of San Diego needs someone that isn’t afraid to take responsibility for a loss, and is ready to lead this team so desperate for a Super Bowl appearance.

After a long and grueling season, the San Diego Chargers were unable to do whatever it took to make the final push into the postseason. A disappointing 19-7 loss left Charger fans in utter disbelief as they watched their favorite team walk off the field ending the 2014 season.

Just like any other team, the Chargers have plenty of holes to fix and areas to improve on both sides of the ball. I’m not even going to address those problems yet. Before anything is done, the right mindset has to be attained and implemented for a team to succeed. The major problem this team faces isn’t necessarily talent, it’s mental toughness.

Let me explain.

Philip Rivers
                          As Philip Rivers does whenever his team doesn’t win, he whines, he cries, and he throws a temper tantrum. The leadership of any football team starts with the quarterback, and that is exactly where the Chargers are weak. It wasn’t necessarily his level of play that cost the Chargers this crucial win, it’s that Rivers is very weak minded. When the going gets tough, he handles it by yelling at his teammates and throwing his helmet: a recipe for disaster. When his back is against the wall, number seventeen likes to point fingers and cause a scene which is exactly what he did when Nick Novak missed a fifty-two yard field goal in the remaining seconds of the third quarter.

However, this isn’t the only time in the game that Rivers embarrasses his team and his city. With 3:40 left on the clock in the fourth quarter, the Chargers decide to run the ball on fourth and one, leading to a tackle and a loss of yards. With the play STILL GOING ON, Rivers starts walking right off the field. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. Kansas City’s defensive back Jamell Fleming bumps into Rivers during the play and Rivers is pushed like a lifeless rag doll with no fight or energy left in him.

Philip Rivers’ reign of terror in San Diego needs to end. The constant negative energy he brings drags the Chargers down year after year. Some players have that “it” factor to lead a team. Simply put, Rivers does not.

In recent years, the Chargers have gone through enough personnel changes to accommodate Rivers. I would like to see some changes that result with a new quarterback. San Diego is tired of disappointing seasons when the talent is clearly there.

Sometimes the best course of action for a team that doesn’t win is to break the roster down and rebuild in another direction. San Diego should do this by acquiring another quarterback. You can win with a less talented team, but you will never win with a weak minded quarterback; football is too tough of a game.

The good news for the Chargers is that Rivers’ contract ends after the 2015 season. San Diego should start scouting now for replacements either from the NFL draft or from free agency. The Chargers have a full year to sit down and make the right decision for the franchise. Now is the time.
                          Go Rivers!

Comment

Working...
                          X