Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Comment

• CTrout
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Good to have him back, he impressed me with his play last year.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Bolt-O commented
          Editing a comment
          I think Schofield will now fill the swing tackle role, and Hairston is gone, so they still need to get someone to groom to that position. Still have Clark on the roster, but they might want more guys.
      • Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

Signing guys like Schofield means we don't HAVE to take an OT. If there is a decent OT available, we still can. It's not like he or Tevi is a great player. They are useful players. But they are guys we would like to upgrade if we can. But this is a really weak draft class at OT. AS I have said before, the only OT I would be willing to draft in the 1st round is Connor, and the rest aren't even close. Even he has a tendency to dip his head before contact, and he often misses because of it (that is an easy fix though).

IN the past few seasons TT has used FA to fill holes in the roster so that he is free to go after the best available come draft time. I don't think that is a bad strategy. You never know if a top pick will get hurt, or just be slow to develop.

As far as Hairston, I would bring him back to be the swing OG. He played as much OG for Buffalo as he did OT (or close enough). That is not to say I think he makes the roster. He might not. But he is a solid backup who could play OG and OT on both sides, and that adds depth. IF someone can soundly beat him, then let him go. It's not like we are going to break the bank on the guy. He probably wouldn't cost anything if we cut him, or if we did, so little as to not even notice. He is basically a league min guy.

Comment

• Heatmiser
          HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

What about Wiggins? Have not heard anything about him. If he can be signed for moderate price, would be a good move.

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
            What about Wiggins? Have not heard anything about him. If he can be signed for moderate price, would be a good move.

TG
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

They are probably letting him test FA. They often make and offer to a guy, then let him see what he is worth in FA, and see if he comes back. You don't want guys grumbling about being underpaid. This way lets them see how other teams value them.

If they are doing that, I would think that will play out pretty quickly. We just run the risk of some other team throwing stupid money at him, which you can see in most of the contracts out there.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

TG
                See ya wiggins... and maybe Slauson there too.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Comment

• RTPbolt
                    Charger Fan till the end
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Carolina
                    • Send PM

I think Wiggins is at least a second or third tier FA type guy. Big money wasnt thrown at him yet so hes probably in the ballpark for us. Id like to keep him as he knows the ol game plan and has starts under him. He probably wont start by design for us unless injury happens for us so if he gets a true starter opportunity he will go.

Slausen i think is gone unless vet min. I just dont see him being a long term solution for TT. Great guy to have that is versatile though. Big ? is his health now. Id love him to compete but id say if we can get youth to develop now is the time. Lamp and Feeney being drafted as Guards really put a footprint on the line and another Center/Guard drafted or in FA means Slausen is likely not coming back unless as a vet backup. Id like a 1 year deal at min though. Can never have enough smart lineman that can play any position.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

With Wiggins signing with the Lions, we now have a hole to plug. Not a big Pulley fan.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                        Fluent in Sarcasm
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Iowa
                        • Man of the People
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                        With Wiggins signing with the Lions, we now have a hole to plug. Not a big Pulley fan.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍