• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boldarblood
    Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Chargers intern J'ron Erby injured in hit and run

I did not spend a lot of time looking but did not see this posted yet.

The Chargers have requested the public's assistance after an intern in their public relations department was struck early Friday morning by a hit-and-run driver while walking across a Pacific Beach street.
  • Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

God that sucks. 23 and severe brain trauma. Fuck.
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Looks like a drunk driver got him.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

fender57
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

What is fucking wrong with people. Hit and run should carry a mandatory 10 year sentence, 20 to life if the victim dies.

Comment

• boldarblood
          Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Listening to 10news 11pm here in San Diego this evening got an update.

They were in the process of waking him up, when they found fluids in the brain I believe, they had to sedate him again. I hope I got that right. Gets a dream opportunity and is now in the fight for his life, poor kid. Sad story

Comment

• HoneDogNoglet
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

is this the guy whos family is trying to raise 20k? wasnt it on the pre season game. seems like low hanging fruit for spanos to match it once they are there or did he do/say something already?

Comment

fender57
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by HoneDogNoglet View Post
              is this the guy whos family is trying to raise 20k? wasnt it on the pre season game. seems like low hanging fruit for spanos to match it once they are there or did he do/say something already?
              I thought I heard on the broadcast that Spanos had flown all the family members out to SD to be at bedside. Not sure if there is other expenses being paid by them that isn't made public.

Comment

• HoneDogNoglet
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                I thought I heard on the broadcast that Spanos had flown all the family members out to SD to be at bedside. Not sure if there is other expenses being paid by them that isn't made public.
                i thought i heard in the past that he does good things without the publicity. john moores was always getting props and im sure it helped/wasnt forgotten come stadium time. i dont know what deano does but he could use good pub. i really want them to stay and the whole thing to be over.

Comment

fender57
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by HoneDogNoglet View Post
                  i thought i heard in the past that he does good things without the publicity. john moores was always getting props and im sure it helped/wasnt forgotten come stadium time. i dont know what deano does but he could use good pub. i really want them to stay and the whole thing to be over.
                  They do good things with the area schools as well, donating money to allow athletic programs to buy new equipment, stock gyms, buy uniforms, etc.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Just read this thread. Sorry about that dude - hope he survives.

Just so y'all know - I hate the Spanoses in my capacity as a fan. I don't actually hate them personally just like I don't actually hate members of the Oakland Raiders in any real way - just as a fan. I don't know the Spanoses. But, if they are helping out this dude's family - that's great.

Comment

• boldarblood
                      Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Heard another update, this time good!

He is awake for the first time in weeks and is talking! Not sure if any lasting problems, or injuries. Was just a small update on Channel 10 news 11pm this evening.

Comment

fender57
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by boldarblood View Post
                        Heard another update, this time good!

He is awake for the first time in weeks and is talking! Not sure if any lasting problems, or injuries. Was just a small update on Channel 10 news 11pm this evening.
                        They also have footage of a couple who are persons of interest in this case.

Persons of interest sought in PB hit-and-run
                        A surveillance photo of the persons of interest and a generic photo of the suspect vehicle in a hit-and-run in Pacific Beachhas been released by San Diego County Crime Stoppers and investigators from the San Diego Police Department's Traffic Division.

Comment

Working...
                        X