Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    In your opinion, maybe, but marijuana use disorder is a very real thing. Will not argue that pain killers are worse than weed.
    I stole this picture from this Web site: http://mentalhealth.com/home/dx/cannabisdependence.html

It is more evidence that you are correct, and I am wrong.

However, it appears, if addiction is the concern for the NFL, players found in places that sell cigarettes or alcohol should be shunned prior to the ones spotted in marijuana dispensaries. It looks like almost one third of people who try cigarettes become addicted, 15% of people who try alcohol become alcoholics, and only 9 percent of people who try pot become potheads.

I'm having a hard-time wrapping my brain around the graphic though. It is saying marijuana is as addictive as prescribed anxiety drugs - I'm sorry - no fucking way. When my wife started getting prescribed those pills, the doctor told her that she should never try to get off them cold turkey because it likely would result in some horrible physical and mental health consequences. If a pothead were to give up weed, the worse thing that would happen is he would go back to being the agitated, angry prick he was before he took up the herb in the first place.

I just noticed the chart is from 1999. That was a Hell of a party year and was pre-Google. This list might as well have been decided by cavemen. If I'm reading that right, the Department of Health is living 14 years in the past. And, perhaps, the New York Times should be the New York Time Doesn't Matter. I'm going to click on its Web site to see when Richard Pryor might be performing here.
    Last edited by Guest; 08-27-2016, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X