• Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Comment

• Asela
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2014
      • Send PM

Rich, Thanks for the Article! Very informative.

The January testing at his home in the offseason is different that another article I pulled up about the NFL's drug testing policy. I wonder if it's a very rare situation to go to people's home to randomly test, because cost was cited in the other article.

Has Square had a violation before (ie NFL or civilian misdemeanor, etc), because I thought only guys who were in the drug program had to tell the NFL where they were at all times.

From a PR standpoint, back in january when he missed his testing, he should have ran out immediately and got himself tested and show everyone he was clean (if it was just an accidental miscommunication).

Comment

• chargerkdb
        Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Hotter than hell, Georgia
        • Send PM

The players know they have to be available for testing. They are supposed to give out contact numbers to the testing coordinators. I doubt it was as straight forward as they showed up and he wasn't there. They obviously tried to contact him and his info wasn't up to date. A missed test is the same as a fail. He could have pee'd in Alabama and been good to go. He's missing 4 games for being irresponsible, assuming he was clean that is.

Comment

fender57
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
          The players know they have to be available for testing. They are supposed to give out contact numbers to the testing coordinators. I doubt it was as straight forward as they showed up and he wasn't there. They obviously tried to contact him and his info wasn't up to date. A missed test is the same as a fail. He could have pee'd in Alabama and been good to go. He's missing 4 games for being irresponsible, assuming he was clean that is.
          In my mind it seems much more reasonable that Square dodged them rather than "didn't know", "forgot" or if it was "miscommunication".

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
            No Sir, I Dont Like It
            • Jun 2013
            • Section 457
            • Migrant Film Worker
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
            In my mind it seems much more reasonable that Square dodged them rather than "didn't know", "forgot" or if it was "miscommunication".
            So he wasn't being Square with them?
            Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
            sigpic

Comment

• floydefisher
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • siberiacuse, ny
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Asela View Post
              Rich, Thanks for the Article! Very informative.

The January testing at his home in the offseason is different that another article I pulled up about the NFL's drug testing policy. I wonder if it's a very rare situation to go to people's home to randomly test, because cost was cited in the other article.

Has Square had a violation before (ie NFL or civilian misdemeanor, etc), because I thought only guys who were in the drug program had to tell the NFL where they were at all times.

From a PR standpoint, back in january when he missed his testing, he should have ran out immediately and got himself tested and show everyone he was clean (if it was just an accidental miscommunication).
              NFL won't accept that....there are way too many ways to fake a clean drug test, by having the NFL actually monitor it closes the vast majority (if not all) of those doors.

Now, if he took a blood test, that might have helped his case. Emphasis on might.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡