• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

The State Of The Powderblues - Vent Here

Lets talk about it. Ive heard some complaints that this place sucks. Or is shit or trash. I have always put as much time into this forum as i can. But if you feel we haven't done enough id like to figure out a way to make it better. Im willing to try harder for you.

But lets air our grievance's here as a community. A therapy thread. What is it you all need from us the staff. Or maybe you have issues with members? Maybe the staff dosnt do enough?

What can we do better to help you feel more comfortable here? Are there members here that are trolling or ruing threads? Do i need to ask certain members to chill out? I dont see everything here. Im often on twitter trying to generate discussion there for our twitter feed. Supporting the Chargers etc.

Suggestions? Should we ban all negative talk about the owners? Is that it? Are peoples differences so apparent that they cant co exist and debate each other? I happen to think when someone brings up how shitty a forum is they are usually just intolerant of other peoples opinions and stances.

I could always force everyone here to think one way. And if they dont they can leave or i can ban them. But to me that just sounds exactly like what is so fucked up in our own country these days. Nobody is tolerant of anyone anymore. We are completely divided. And its starting to happen here.

Im also willing to step down...if one of you who thinks they can run the forum better wants to step in and do that. Im willing to do whats best for this community.

Like i said if there are threads that need locked....or if you want us mods to start deleting posts withing threads i can bring on a couple more mods to help me babysit every thread. Because its hard to micromanage everyone here....while also trying to live our lives. I have kids. Im a single father with 100% custody. I run the show. I have a lot on my plate.

So i can add a mod or 2 to help....but also what would really help us??? Is this community just trying to get along. Maybe working out things yourselves. Communicate with each other in possibly a more assertive manner and not so aggressive. Maybe less passive aggressive like im doing now.

I think its important to remember why it is members are so emotional right now. Yes its a culmination of things. And Bosa dosnt help. But ultimately the blame wiil always go to the top.

IT WILL ALWAYS GO TO THE TOP WHEN WE ARE NOT WINNING!!!!!!!

Thats the issue. We are not winning. If we were?? None of this BS would be happening. Nobody would be complaining and emotional.

But we are losers first. And thats enough to piss off everyone to the point that anything dramatic relating to the Chargers is magnified by 1000. Mix in a year of wondering if the team will stay? People are on edge.

Try to be understanding. Compassionate Charger fans. Times have been tough. People deal with it differently.
    fender57
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I don't think there's anything wrong with this forum, any of the members, and especially how you run this place, it's the best Chargers forum for reasons you describe above. It wouldn't be any fun if we all agreed. I'll also add that I've learned, and continue to learn, a shitload of info not only on football but on other things like city politics as well from some very knowledgeable posters, some whom I butted heads with. But I respect everyone here and I try to remember we're all Chargers fans first.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

I particularly like it when one of our members is grieving and we support them. You dont find that on most forums. So there s a lot of love here.

Comment

fender57
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
        I particularly like it when one of our members is grieving and we support them. You dont find that on most forums. So there s a lot of love here.
        This is true too. You've fostered a good place for a good group of guys.

Comment

• chargerkdb
          Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Hotter than hell, Georgia
          • Send PM

I for one have no problems with the way the forum is being moderated. I appreciate that with the stadium issue, Bosa holdout and going back to a losing team after showing a decade of promise that people will be emotional. That's cool, we all blow off steam. I take nothing personal here, I'm old school, if I didn't like it I would take my electrons elsewhere. I don't feel bullied by a post or any poster.

I mentioned on another thread that the Spanos bashing has just about taken over the forum to the detriment of any logical discussion. I don't like the ownership, I didn't like the previous ownership, but neither I nor anyone else on here can change that.

We are Charger fans, that's why we are here.

Comment

• Faded blues
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2013
            • Send PM

Wtf

Best
            Forum
            Ever

Comment

• sandiego17
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
              I don't think there's anything wrong with this forum, any of the members, and especially how you run this place, it's the best Chargers forum for reasons you describe above. It wouldn't be any fun if we all agreed. I'll also add that I've learned, and continue to learn, a shitload of info not only on football but on other things like city politics as well from some very knowledgeable posters, some whom I butted heads with. But I respect everyone here and I try to remember we're all Chargers fans first.
              Well put.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

I like this web site, obviously. Do not work any harder.

My anger at the Spanoses is sports-fan anger, not real anger. There are things in life to get really upset about - sports is not one of them.

I am now banning myself until the next time I post.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Don't change a thing Fleet. Love this board and most of the time it's pretty well behaved. Groupthink would suck.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Nah. My only issue is with a group of posters that seem to like nothing about the team. Look, I have my issues with ownership or the personnel people or the coaches. I vocalize about them from time to time. Sometimes more frequently than that. But I think there is a way to voice displeasure and still be a fan that is supportive of the team and still likes the team. This group of posters seems so wrapped up in their bitterness that they have forgotten what brought them here in the first place. They don't seem to have much perspective.

So my issue isn't with anything being done or not being done by the staff. My issue is with the posters themselves. I'd like to think they could police up their own ammo and frags. But if they can't, I for one, will try to be 'the good parent' for these bitter souls. If we all pull together, maybe we can end this terrible affliction.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

I forgot my fucking username dammit! Fucking Spanii!

LOL I really did though. Here I am clicking on the username thing to get logged back in and Alex comes on and I keep hitting enter. But of course my username is Fred...not Alex. It's the evil Spanii taking my precious few healthy brain cells! Fuck em!

I can't take all this Chargers drama too seriously. FLEET's right. It gets emotionally burdensome at times - for me - dealing with the repercussions of our owners (and sub-owners) incompetence. So I simply check out for a spell to rejuvenate. Just the nature of the beast. At least it gives us something to talk about though. What if we were all Patriots fans. We'd be bored silly with wins stacked upon wins. What fun would that be? ha As much as I hate to say this - and I really do - I think we need conflict in our lives to make us sharper. Did I really say that? Except you can't expect me to remember what my username is!
                      Last edited by Millionaire Wussy; 08-26-2016, 11:44 PM.
                      For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

One more thing. This is something I battle with continuously - so I'm not above anyone. I may be the worst here. When I get put off or angry at another person's posting here because it's 180 degrees opposed to my pov - and it's not a personal dig at me - I have to look within. That's it. It's my time to stop what I'm doing and check myself. Being a borderline personality person it really gets to be a struggle at times. Nevertheless, it's still a fact that whenever my disagreement with someone (as long as nothing personal has been slung) gets me angry, I am the one with the issue...not the other guy. That's how I can stay away from resentment. And it's easy to get in that space of resentment. But that doesn't make it right. The other guy is simply interpreting things as they see them. That's it.
                        For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

Working...
                        X