• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Millionaire Wussy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Gordon and Gurley

How many yards rushing will they get this season?

I'm going with Gordon at 1,125. And that would be a substantial improvement over last season.

Gurley will lead the league in rushing with 1,685 yards. At least.
    For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"
  • Lightningwill_420

The law of averages says Gurley won't make it through the season. Dude is injury prone. I don't know what magic formula he took last season to play so much.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by B.V.W.S.B.GM View Post
      The law of averages says Gurley won't make it through the season. Dude is injury prone. I don't know what magic formula he took last season to play so much.
      Do you have any numbers?

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Fred View Post
        Do you have any numbers?
        On Gordon, nope. It depends how much better our line blocks this season. If we don't have improvement, nobody in history, other than maybe Barry Sanders and Genghis Khan, would get anywhere near 1,000 yards for us.

Gurley should get 962 yards.

Over the past 3 years, he has played in 70 percent of his games. Last year, he averaged about 85 yards per game. 70 percent of 16 games times 85 gets 962 yards.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

On Gordon, nope. It depends how much better our line blocks this season. If we don't have improvement, nobody in history, other than maybe Barry Sanders and Genghis Khan, would get anywhere near 1,000 yards for us.

Gurley should get 962 yards.

Over the past 3 years, he has played in 70 percent of his games. Last year, he averaged about 85 yards per game. 70 percent of 16 games times 85 gets 962 yards.
          I'm banking on Whisenhunt to be the difference maker for the run game. Gordon acknowledges he fucked up last season ...abandoned his blockers on too many plays (went freestyle). That and Gordon did do some good work with AP it looks like in the off season.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

I'm banking on Whisenhunt to be the difference maker for the run game. Gordon acknowledges he fucked up last season ...abandoned his blockers on too many plays (went freestyle). That and Gordon did do some good work with AP it looks like in the off season.
            Gordon sounds like he's being a good teammate by not blaming anything on others. How can one abandon a blocker when there is no blocker? Dude was getting hit just as he got the handoff. It seemed the few times he had a chance, he got some big gains. He looked great in the open field.

The thing I hope Gordon improves on from last season is hanging onto the football. I don't blame him for his lack of yardage last season, but I do blame him for his fumbles.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Gordon sounds like he's being a good teammate by not blaming anything on others. How can one abandon a blocker when there is no blocker? Dude was getting hit just as he got the handoff. It seemed the few times he had a chance, he got some big gains. He looked great in the open field.

The thing I hope Gordon improves on from last season is hanging onto the football. I don't blame him for his lack of yardage last season, but I do blame him for his fumbles.
              He wasn't fast enough getting off though. You don't remember all the football experts reporting that? He was slow in his acceleration/decision making. Of course he's going to get trapped for losses if he stays back too long. He has to hit the line quicker.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

He wasn't fast enough getting off though. You don't remember all the football experts reporting that? He was slow in his acceleration/decision making. Of course he's going to get trapped for losses if he stays back too long. He has to hit the line quicker.
                Me? Remember?

I'll just assume you're right. I'm no Steve when it comes to figuring out who hits the line quickly.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Me? Remember?

I'll just assume you're right. I'm no Steve when it comes to figuring out who hits the line quickly.
                  I'm not Steve either but they (NFL Today people I guess) showed repeated instances of Gordon veering off from what would have been good yards. He was hesitant and when he finally got going - which was the wrong direction (away from his blocking) - he was meat. I actually saw film of this. Then I can recall Gil Brandt stating Gordon was slow on his get off. The kid wasn't using his blockers. How frustrating would that be for an o-coordinator!? It was frustrating enough for a fan (me).

Comment

• RTPbolt
                    Charger Fan till the end
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Carolina
                    • Send PM

If we give Gordon a decent blocking line he will be around 1000 yards. Other issue is Woodhead is near as dangerous as a third down back so Gordon wont be a 3 down back even though Gordon should improve on his protection over last year.

I love Gordon explosiveness through the hole and he has great balance. Our line was atrocious last year in opening holes....he was hit at or behind th line most the time. I think whiz will work his strengths in and whiz knows how to mix up the playcalling and our pass offense should open up opportunities for ghe run game.

Comment

• Boltx
                      Dominate the day
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

1200+ if he stays healthy. I think Whiz will stick with the run more (good and bad).
                      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• chargerkdb
                        Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                        • Send PM

1,064 6 TD's 5 Fumbles

Comment

Working...
                        X