• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
    Rams doubled in value! Shoot, it's not rocket science. Spanos gained that much Value just being "next on the list" to LA.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Better sell soon. When they officially stay in SD, the value will go down.
    11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
    35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
    37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
    66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
    69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
    105 Brenden Rice WR - USC
    110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
    140 Hunter Nourzad OC - Penn st
    181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
    225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• TTK
      EX-Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • America's Finest City
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
      Better sell soon. When they officially stay in SD, the value will go down.
      Will their value really go up a lot more in LA? They'll be a tenant and have a very small market compared to the Rams in LA. What would a new stadium in their own market here mean?

Comment

• MakoShark
        Disgruntled
        • Jun 2013
        • North Alabama
        • Send PM

Relocation and new stadiums drove NFL team values 19% higher over the past year, to an average of $2.34 billion.

The Rams doubled in value, to $2.9 billion, after moving from St. Louis to Los Angeles. The Rams are scheduled to play three seasons at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum before moving into a new stadium in Inglewood. The Rams could soon be worth close to $4 billion if Stan Kroenke scores with his $3 billion mixed-use real estate project that could bring him hundreds of millions of dollars more than his team was making in St. Louis, net of the relocation fee he agreed to pay ($650 million over 10 years, in equal installments, starting after the 2019 season).

The Oakland Raiders and San Diego Chargers are up 47% and 36%, respectively. The Raiders generated the lowest revenue ($301 million) in the league in 2015. But not for too long. The team will either have a new stadium in Oakland, move in with the Rams, or relocate to Las Vegas. Either way, these options make the team worth $2.1 billion. The Chargers get first dibs on becoming Kroenke’s tenant, or can opt for a new stadium in San Diego, which is why the team is valued at $2.08 billion. The main thing is both the Raiders and Chargers are portable, meaning they aren’t chained to their antiquated stadiums.

Portability (which is one word for “much richer stadium deal”) has great value because the NFL’s 32 team share equally the vast majority of their television money, national sponsorship revenue as well as about one-third of ticket proceeds. In 2015, the league shared 63% of their combined $12.2 billion in revenue (including what teams take in from non-NFL events at their stadiums, net of what goes towards stadium debt). The pecking order of team values is determined by stadium revenue that is not shared, namely luxury suites and advertising.

The Vikings started this season at spanking new, $1.1 billion, U.S. Bank Stadium. The team’s value is up 38% from last year, to $2.2 billion. Vikings supporters paid between $500 and $9,500 just for the right to buy a season ticket and stadium seating and luxury suites are sold out for the season. In addition, U.S Bank is paying an average of more than $10 million annually over 20 years to put its name on the stadium.

sigpic

Comment

• KNSD
          Registered Charger Hater
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

We should quit taking advantage of the Chargers and let them pay for the entire thing and also let them own it outright.

(Owning an asset that does not cover its own running costs because the tenant takes all the revenue for himself is not great deal for the owner.)
          Prediction:
          Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
          Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
          Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • SoDak
            • Technology Director
            • Send PM

Quick question

I know the Spanos family is the majority Owners.

Does anyone know what percentage they are?
            -Meaning... how much could they conceivably sell, and still keep a controlling interest in the team?

I know they seem to have no interest in losing control of the team as majority owners, as it is a "family business".

Just seems like they could get a pretty big influx of cash, if they sold a portion.

I'm sure people smarter than I, have discussed this already. I was just wondering.
            "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I think the minority owners own less than 10% of the team, based on my weak recollection.

--
              Quick research... from Eric Williams:
              When purchased team and for how much: In 1984, Alex Spanos purchased 60 percent of the team from Eugene Klein for $70 million. Over the next decade, he bought out shares of several minority owners, and his family now owns 97 percent of the Chargers."
              from a UT article when the 'estate tax' issue was a thing...

Alex Spanos and his wife, Faye, own 36 percent of the Chargers. Their four children — Dean, Dea, Alexis and Michael — each own 15 percent. In addition to this 96 percent block, retired restaurateur George Pernicano owns 3 percent, and retired television executive Bill Fox owns 1 percent.

Reached Tuesday, Pernicano and Fox, who both bought into the team more than 40 years ago, said they didn’t know Alex Spanos was attempting to sell a stake in the team. Pernicano, 93, lives in El Cajon. Fox, 84, lives in Point Loma.
              Last edited by Bolt-O; 09-16-2016, 06:39 AM.

Comment

fender57
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                I think the minority owners own less than 10% of the team, based on my weak recollection.

--
                Quick research... from Eric Williams:

from a UT article when the 'estate tax' issue was a thing...
                So it looks like when the old guy finally croaks, they can sell his 36% share and still retain majority ownership. Of course, whoever would buy the 36% could turn out to be Barzini and find out which one of the four kids is Fredo and buy that kid out and become majority owner. One can dream...

Comment

• MakoShark
                  Disgruntled
                  • Jun 2013
                  • North Alabama
                  • Send PM

Who would want to get in bed with those nepotistic Bozo's.
                  sigpic

Comment

fender57
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                    Who would want to get in bed with those nepotistic Bozo's.
                    For exactly the reasons I state above, to see if one of the four kids are soft enough to sell their shares to them, thus making them the majority owner.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

Speaking of Bozo...
                      Bosa's extended family still have their Mob controled assets. Just sayin.
                      And AG Spanos has an IQ comparible with Corky.
                      Just sayin.
                      Keep the dream alive! H0cKkK!!11!
                      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Highboltage
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

20160917_092657 (1).jpg

Comment

• MakoShark
                          Disgruntled
                          • Jun 2013
                          • North Alabama
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Highboltage View Post
                          [ATTACH]1083[/ATTACH]
                          A Mensa plate frame with a Chargers decal...Hmmmmm

The word oxymoron comes to mind. No offense intended.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X