• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Dog
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Orlando Franklin hussle play on T. Williams TD

Did anyone else see the great hustle by Orlando Franklin, despite being in a car accident on Friday and getting a stiff neck, he runs 40 yards down the field and plowes into the pile to push T. Williams over the goal line for the TD ... that was just awesome hustle !!

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

It's a sign I tell ya !!
    Last edited by Big Dog; 09-20-2016, 09:28 PM.
  • Geezbolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Sun Valley, ID
    • Send PM

I like what I have seen from him so far this year. He also impressed me in the KC game when Marcus Peters took a cheap shot at Rivers and Franklin was immediately in his face.

Comment

• TTK
      EX-Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • America's Finest City
      • Send PM

Franklin, Flowers, Liuget, and Gordon have all turned it around from last year. Great to see!

Comment

• UtahBolt
        Did we win?
        • Jun 2013
        • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
        • Send PM

That was a great hustle play, I know this sounds cliche but it's those little things that make the differences in NFL games. Prime example of this is last season when Trevor Robinson gave up on the Pitt pick return for a TD last season. He does not give up and makes that tackle, we win that game.

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR:
        I mentioned this in another thread but I will do so here as well. Go back and watch Gordon's TD run from last week. Watch Hunter Henry's motion and lead cut block to free Gordon up the middle. Perfect. A thing of absolute beauty and a again, an example of the little things that this team needs to do to be successful. I am pretty sure Gates or Green last season would get stuffed in the hole causing no gain. Little things...little things.
        I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Heatmiser
          HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

When guys make plays like that, it is a direct reflection of coaching. Guys who don't buy in, who aren't motivated don't do stuff like that. Lots of McCoy haters here, but got to give credit where it is due.

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Heatmiser
            HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
            That was a great hustle play, I know this sounds cliche but it's those little things that make the differences in NFL games. Prime example of this is last season when Trevor Robinson gave up on the Pitt pick return for a TD last season. He does not give up and makes that tackle, we win that game.

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR:
            I mentioned this in another thread but I will do so here as well. Go back and watch Gordon's TD run from last week. Watch Hunter Henry's motion and lead cut block to free Gordon up the middle. Perfect. A thing of absolute beauty and a again, an example of the little things that this team needs to do to be successful. I am pretty sure Gates or Green last season would get stuffed in the hole causing no gain. Little things...little things.

I did watch the Gordon TD and you are correct. Henry looked like he took out more than one defender. He didn't blow anyone up, but he got them out of the play. And I have seen him do it on other plays, too. His blocking is way more than I expected. I just wish they would use him completely because he can change the defense. Maybe it will come with time.

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Asela
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2014
              • Send PM

Orlando Franklin hussle play on T. Williams TD

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
              When guys make plays like that, it is a direct reflection of coaching. Guys who don't buy in, who aren't motivated don't do stuff like that. Lots of McCoy haters here, but got to give credit where it is due.

TG
              About Orlando Franklin, it may be a lot more about Coach Davidson. Hardwick was on the radio talking exactly about Orlando's play.

He said that Previous OL coach D'Alessandro (sp?) worked the OL so hard constantly smashing their bodies together in drills all week long, guys were beat and exhausted. They would go into Sunday's and dread getting more hits. And as much as Hardwick said he loves Coach D'Alessandro, he thinks the new approach by Coach Davidson has the guys hungry to go out and hit someone on Sunday's. They're looking for contact and to smash someone now on Sunday's with the reduced contact during the week. If at the end of the year, our OL is healthy all year we will know which approach was better

One thing though, I suspect Orlando didn't mix well with D'Alessandro but is more motivated under Davidson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by Asela; 09-21-2016, 09:58 AM.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

It was reported last year that Franklin and D'Alessandro did not get along at all and frequently butted heads.

Comment

• Asela
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2014
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                  It was reported last year that Franklin and D'Alessandro did not get along at all and frequently butted heads.
                  Thanks I didn't know that. Makes sense. A high priced FA is not going to want to work his ass off like an undrafted FA Olineman. He probably was thinking no one else does it like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X