• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shogun
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Foxbatkllr View Post
    Didn't LT say something about the quality/availability of care here had declined when he left and that the Jets organization had an amazing staff of different kinds of trainers and healthcare professionals?
    Is this true? Do you still have the source? I'd like to read up upon it. I'm convinced the Chargers are doing almost something different/wrong compare to the other teams in the league. Just my opinion, but we seem to be physically weaker than almost all of the teams in the league, and these non contact injuries are getting ridiculous. When I look at teams like The Giants, and Seattle, Pittsburgh, they have physical specimans and almost every position. Maybe there are no leaders in the Chargers gym who push each other. I'd like to think Tomlinson, Seau had an effect in the workouts as those teams were physically intimidating, while this Norv/Mccoy era seems to be all finesse and fluff. There's alot of variables but their training/healthcare should be examined more closely by someone from the top. It could be just bad luck as this organization seems to have piles of, but who knows. This team is brittle AF

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

McCoy brought in Kent Johnston as the new conditioning coach that same year 2013. Right around when we started to go down hill with injuries.

Comment

• MakoShark
        Disgruntled
        • Jun 2013
        • North Alabama
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
        McCoy brought in Kent Johnston as the new conditioning coach that same year 2013. Right around when we started to go down hill with injuries.
        Hell, I remember this trend going all the way back to the NOrv days. It seems we've had the injury bug for at least 5 years now.
        sigpic

Comment

• homeless simpson
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

One of the many coaches and assistants that Marty was happy to "find new opportunities" (even when Spanos had specifically told him he needed to retain as many assistants as possible when cam and wade left) was the strength and conditioning coach. Sounds like those other stories about Marty sabotaging his previous teams on his way out.

Comment

Working...
          X