• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
    Carr (wish the Raiders had never drafted him!) wants to get paid. The Raiders say they will take care of him. One thing I heard about on NFL network last night was the state income tax for a guy like Carr is 13% in Ca and in Nevada it is 0! So if I am Carr, I want to wait until next year to get my huge bonus and contract. 13% is eye popping.

TG
    Yeah, but states tax every player's game day check when they play in their state. So it's only 0 half the time.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Classic
      Hall Of Fame
      • Dec 2014
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post

Yeah, but states tax every player's game day check when they play in their state. So it's only 0 half the time.
      So players from L.A playing in Philly get Philly state tax when visiting the Eagles?

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

So players from L.A playing in Philly get Philly state tax when visiting the Eagles?
        Yes, States collect taxes from visiting players for games played there at the states tax rates.

I believe you offset those taxes against your tax in your home state.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Test

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
            Yes, States collect taxes from visiting players for games played there at the states tax rates.

I believe you offset those taxes against your tax in your home state.
            Think about the nightmare that filing taxes for players must be.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Pardon me but I'm lost, is the ThePowderBlues.com?

Go Rivers!

Comment

• New RT maybe?

Cyrus Kouandjio's time with the Buffalo Bills is over. The team released the offensive tackle on Wednesday, but the former second-round pick likely won't be on the free-agent market long.

Comment

• Rugger05
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
                  A month after the 2014 second-round pick was found "undressed in a field" in Elma, New York, Kouandjio finds himself on the free-agent market.

Kouandjio started five games for the Bills last season and appeared in 12. His brief stint at left tackle showed a brief glimmer of hope for the future, though he has struggled with injures throughout his career.

The move shows glimpses of what might be a stricter regime under new head coach Sean McDermott and new general manager Brandon Beane. For a while during the Doug Whaley era, the organization was associated with their continued ties to unsuccessful draft picks. After selecting offensive tackle Dion Dawkins in the second round out of Temple this year, the team apparently felt comfortable going a man down on its offensive line.

The Bills also announced the additions of tight end Wes Saxton and wide receiver Rod Streater.

This won't be the last we've heard from Kouandjio. With the current rookie class of offensive linemen expected to take longer to acclimate to the NFL, there will be plenty of teams searching for adequate help up front. Should he remain healthy and be in the right frame of mind, Kouandjio could fit the bill.

Do the Chargers really need another China doll on their oline?

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                    Pardon me but I'm lost, is the ThePowderBlues.com?
                    We need a tax thread.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                      Grammar Police
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Tax are what hold up my calendar on the wall.
                      Go Rivers!

Comment

• bonehead
                        Undrafted
                        • Jul 2013
                        • TBD
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Rugger05 View Post

A month after the 2014 second-round pick was found "undressed in a field" in Elma, New York, Kouandjio finds himself on the free-agent market.

Kouandjio started five games for the Bills last season and appeared in 12. His brief stint at left tackle showed a brief glimmer of hope for the future, though he has struggled with injures throughout his career.

The move shows glimpses of what might be a stricter regime under new head coach Sean McDermott and new general manager Brandon Beane. For a while during the Doug Whaley era, the organization was associated with their continued ties to unsuccessful draft picks. After selecting offensive tackle Dion Dawkins in the second round out of Temple this year, the team apparently felt comfortable going a man down on its offensive line.

The Bills also announced the additions of tight end Wes Saxton and wide receiver Rod Streater.

This won't be the last we've heard from Kouandjio. With the current rookie class of offensive linemen expected to take longer to acclimate to the NFL, there will be plenty of teams searching for adequate help up front. Should he remain healthy and be in the right frame of mind, Kouandjio could fit the bill.

Do the Chargers really need another China doll on their oline?
                        I stopped at "found undressed in a field"
                        Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• RTPbolt
                          Charger Fan till the end
                          • Jun 2013
                          • North Carolina
                          • Send PM

And we aint talking a football field

Comment

Working...