• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OhioBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Offensive Tackles will be hard to come by, they are valued commodities, any worth going after was available during free agency, and then in June when salary cap dumps. We are looking at players getting cut that are at best developmental prospect that a team didn't have room for or below average players that were cut just for that reason. The guard position may be able to pull an average player from waivers, they may of been tackles that are converted to guards but just didn't make the cut. The Lamp season ending injury looms big.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

August 22 - Whitney Richardson. In a corresponding move, defensive end Chris Landrum was waived/injured. Richardson is a 6-4, 251-pound product out of Lane College (Tenn.), who was named the Division II Defensive Player of the Year in his lone season with the Dragons. The defensive end logged 17.5 sacks, 75 tackles, 32.5 tackles for loss, three forced fumbles and one fumble recovery in 10 games. Landrum joined the Bolts as an undrafted free agent a year ago out of Jacksonville State. He recorded seven tackles, one sack, six pressures and five QB hits in 10 games in 2016.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post

wasn't signing the best Free Agent LT available being proactive? No matter who they acquire or when- injuries take out more players on this team every year and ruin their plans.
        Im not talking about that. We have depth issues and he can make a trade to strengthen that. Try anyways. We havent been able to run at all up the middle so id say OG & OC are weak spots. Doesnt seem that Feeney, Tuerk, Pulley, Wiggins are pulling away with winning the jobs and look awful doing it. I just hope there are some decent cuts coming from other teams. Better than what we have anyways.
        Last edited by Boltjolt; 08-22-2017, 10:16 AM.
        11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
        35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
        37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
        66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
        69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
        100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
        110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
        140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
        181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
        225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
          Bearded14YourPleasure commented
          Editing a comment
          Just curious how you know he's not trying? Signing the best available LT in FA and drafting 2 OL in the first 3 rounds sounds like trying to improve the line to me. I think the OL looks like shit too but throwing draft picks to other teams to get their backups isn't going to make this roster much, if any, better.
      • Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

How many years does it take to build an OL?
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

It remains to be seen if the guy they picked up can play or not. They were already woefully thin at OT. The guy that was hurt is not very good.
          The guy that was hurt is a second year player. He didnt play Football til he was a senior in college while turning down invites to play football every year prior to that. He started there as a TE. He was a raw player with big ability and that was just starting to come out. This is pretty much just like Gates. Fant also played basketball. Also think Kris Dielman here.

Pete Carroll isnt just going to stick some sap at LT to protect Wilson. Fant had big potentual so he wasnt just some fill in for them.
          Last edited by Boltjolt; 08-22-2017, 10:27 AM.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

August 22 - Whitney Richardson. In a corresponding move, defensive end Chris Landrum was waived/injured. Richardson is a 6-4, 251-pound product out of Lane College (Tenn.), who was named the Division II Defensive Player of the Year in his lone season with the Dragons. The defensive end logged 17.5 sacks, 75 tackles, 32.5 tackles for loss, three forced fumbles and one fumble recovery in 10 games. Landrum joined the Bolts as an undrafted free agent a year ago out of Jacksonville State. He recorded seven tackles, one sack, six pressures and five QB hits in 10 games in 2016.

Comment

• SDFan
              Woober Goober
              • Jun 2013
              • Dolores, CO
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
              How many years does it take to build an OL?
              for a competent team? Or the Chargers?
              Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Panamamike
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

The guy that was hurt is a second year player. He didnt play Football til he was a senior in college while turning down invites to play football every year prior to that. He started there as a TE. He was a raw player with big ability and that was just starting to come out. This is pretty much just like Gates. Fant also played basketball. Also think Kris Dielman here.

Pete Carroll isnt just going to stick some sap at LT to protect Wilson. Fant had big potentual so he wasnt just some fill in for them.
                ummmmm...Seattle has had a bad line for several seasons. They used to have a good offensive line. It is only getting worse as they have to pay the other players that used to be on team friendly rookie deals.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

ummmmm...Seattle has had a bad line for several seasons. They used to have a good offensive line. It is only getting worse as they have to pay the other players that used to be on team friendly rookie deals.
                  Like I said, he is a second that player. He wasn't their starting LT last year but did get a couple of starts. They have had a bad OL the past couple seasons anyways. They traded Max Unger for Jimmy Graham in 2015 and didn't resign James Carpenter after 2014 and Alvin Bailey hasn't as good.
                  In 2015 Thomas Rawls had a great year rushing as a rookie. Much better than Marshwn did. So I wouldn't say they're OL was bad for several years as Okung has been a part of it til 2015 then left last season.

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

PFF ( not the bible, but a reference to back up my point) ......

SEA OL ranked

2014 19th
                    2015 30th
                    2106 32nd

FWIW, the only line as bad over the past 3 years is ours.

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

Seattle has gutted their OL and a been playing younger, developing players. This is really the 1st season in a while, where we have had young guys who are in a position to develop.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

PFF ( not the bible, but a reference to back up my point) ......

SEA OL ranked

2014 19th
                        2015 30th
                        2106 32nd

FWIW, the only line as bad over the past 3 years is ours.
                        Not a fan of PFF and how they do things. Or Football Outsiders. I always confuse the two. One of them does lame ways of coming up with stats. I don't follow either.

No team had their RBs hit behind the line of scrimmage as much as ours last year. I've seen our OL ranked last, last season and Denver 31 so there is that. I guess we are fucked to have Okung be a part of both Denver and Seattles bad OL rankings.

Anyways the point here is you said Fant isn't very good and I've just been saying he is a first year starter for them and only a second year player with a lot of promise. His backup I'm sure isn't very good just like ours aren't very good.
                        Last edited by Boltjolt; 08-22-2017, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X