Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weddle recruiting former fans

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post
    Eric Weddle is nothing more than an overrated whining, classless bitch, period. He would shit on this franchise whether they were in San Diego or LA or anywhere else. He certainly isn't doing any favors for current or former Charger fans or for the city of San Diego itself. His entire agenda is only about himself.
    I agree with you on everything you have said, just cut the quote down a bit. Great points.

    Comment


    • #62
      I still hate that Tommy T and McCoy didn't bring him back. It was a mistake:

      Ravens FS Eric Weddle was named AFC Defensive Player of the Week for Week 13. Weddle had a huge game against the Lions on Sunday, recording a strip-sack of Matthew Stafford and a pick-six while also allowing just one catch for six yards in his coverage. Weddle has been a great signing for the Ravens the past two years, creating 12 turnovers -- nine INTs and three fumbles.
      Hashtag thepowderblues

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
        I still hate that Tommy T and McCoy didn't bring him back. It was a mistake:

        Ravens FS Eric Weddle was named AFC Defensive Player of the Week for Week 13. Weddle had a huge game against the Lions on Sunday, recording a strip-sack of Matthew Stafford and a pick-six while also allowing just one catch for six yards in his coverage. Weddle has been a great signing for the Ravens the past two years, creating 12 turnovers -- nine INTs and three fumbles.
        Perfectly happy with our current group of CBs and Safeties.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post

          Perfectly happy with our current group of CBs and Safeties.
          Weddle is better than Boston
          Hashtag thepowderblues

          Comment


          • #65
            Weddle > Boston. That said, his production has been covered by Casey Hayward, albeit in a different position. I still think Weddle and the Chargers could have handled his situation differently, as in actually talking, but player performance after age 30 often drops off the cliff, without warning. I would have paid him to stay, but the Chargers needed to build their legal warchest.

            Comment


            • #66
              Weddle > Boston... but that paying him to stay part:
              Weddle: 5.75m (+3.5m dead cap after)
              Boston: <1m total.

              I never liked having so much tied into a Safety either.

              Comment


              • #67
                Spanos are rubbish!
                Spending that money on Weddle would have been rubbish as well.
                We're right where we should be.

                Comment


                • #68
                  I dont know...i wonder if a change of scenery did him some good? Maybe he needed the humility. It happens. He was not impressive towards the end here. And many here were vocal about it. It happens all the time that players get their mojo back when they are cut or not brought back. I like that Boston is so young. I think he is getting better. He's a vocal leader. This secondary is closer than every. And he was a big reason why they are so close. Hes a huge leader this year for us. I love when hes on NFLN. Im not saying hes great....but hes made some plays. I cant but think what our secondary would look like with a DT that is causing so much havoc that Ingram and Bosa are routinely forcing QBs to throw up ducks.
                  Lele Me Ka Aeto

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                    I dont know...i wonder if a change of scenery did him some good? Maybe he needed the humility. It happens. He was not impressive towards the end here. And many here were vocal about it. It happens all the time that players get their mojo back when they are cut or not brought back. I like that Boston is so young. I think he is getting better. He's a vocal leader. This secondary is closer than every. And he was a big reason why they are so close. Hes a huge leader this year for us. I love when hes on NFLN. Im not saying hes great....but hes made some plays. I cant but think what our secondary would look like with a DT that is causing so much havoc that Ingram and Bosa are routinely forcing QBs to throw up ducks.
                    Boston is also a free agent.

                    The head coach and Tommy did Weddle wrong.
                    Hashtag thepowderblues

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                      Boston is also a free agent.

                      The head coach and Tommy did Weddle wrong.
                      Maybe they did. I dont know the whole story. But he seemed to be tailing off in this defense. Maybe he was hurt i dont know. All im saying is that sometimes its a new environment or maybe some sort of anger that helps a player get back on top. I was tired of the missed open field tackles.

                      We will need to get Boston signed as i dont expect a rookie FS to come in an make an impact right off the start.
                      Lele Me Ka Aeto

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Things were already contentious between Weddle and McCoy -- the Chargers had put Weddle on injured reserve in Week 17, even though he thought he was healthy enough to play -- and they reached kind of a boiling point in the hot tub.

                        Here's what happened, according to Weddle.
                        "What are you guys still doing here?" McCoy said, according to Weddle.

                        "We're figuring out the roster for next year," Weddle said. "And you have a lot of work to do."

                        Then McCoy surprised him.

                        "Where are you going to go next year?" he said. "Any particular team you want to go to?"
                        Followed by a meeting with Telesco in which Tommy said that Weddle had a lot of mileage on his body.

                        ====


                        He obviously still has a lot to give. I agree with the thought of getting rid of a guy a year early but both Rodney and Weddle have shown they weren't near done.


                        Hashtag thepowderblues

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Another McLoser fuckup.
                          Making the push

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                            Things were already contentious between Weddle and McCoy -- the Chargers had put Weddle on injured reserve in Week 17, even though he thought he was healthy enough to play -- and they reached kind of a boiling point in the hot tub.

                            Here's what happened, according to Weddle.
                            "What are you guys still doing here?" McCoy said, according to Weddle.

                            "We're figuring out the roster for next year," Weddle said. "And you have a lot of work to do."

                            Then McCoy surprised him.

                            "Where are you going to go next year?" he said. "Any particular team you want to go to?"
                            Followed by a meeting with Telesco in which Tommy said that Weddle had a lot of mileage on his body.

                            ====


                            He obviously still has a lot to give. I agree with the thought of getting rid of a guy a year early but both Rodney and Weddle have shown they weren't near done.

                            Didnt Weddle claim that as long as TT and McCoy were here he wouldn't return? I dont remember the situation. I thought he said that in an interview. I specially remember most of this forum being over both sides and the way they handled it. Weddles agent didnt help matters from what i remember. This place was enraged over Weddles behavior. No doubt hes a good player....but at what point is he no longer a team player here? And only thinking about himself? Didnt he chase the money anyways? No way we would have matched that offer from the Ravens.

                            He missed 3 games in the middle of 2015 and then we tried to trade him. Or put it out there that he was available. Everything after that just sort of went south. I think he felt that he was in a position to do whatever he wanted. Maybe he felt above the staff i dont know. But it was a pretty dramatic last year here for him. And it wasnt like he was killing it on the field for us. He was missing tackles. Missing games, He just didnt look like himself. And wanted a huge payday obviously. Its easy to look back and say we should have kept him. But he didnt go out playing at the level he is now. So my point stands....maybe he needed the drama to up his game.

                            You think he had something to prove? Clearly....coming out saying he will never talk with the Org again was pretty motivating obviously. Because it seemed as if both Rodney and Weddle upped their games after leaving.
                            Lele Me Ka Aeto

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Personality speaking, I've a hard time believe Telesco can screw over anybody. The guy is one of the nicest and reasonable guys out there. On the other hands, McCoy seems having a big ego, especially after his successful years as OC for DEN and his playoff year with us. Both McCoy and Weddle seems like big ego guys. Weddle always sounds odds and sometimes looks like a dick. He always sounds really odd and awkward on interviews.

                              BAL usually have good defense no matter who's in there. Weddle's performance wasn't like this during his last 2 seasons here, not even close. And it's not like he was hurt like Rodney Harrison. Rodney was playing injured all year and Marty acted like he's lazy and doesn't want to play hard.

                              Weddle also wasn't that consistent in BAL. There were some stretches that BAL fans cursing at him for being out of position and freelance too much. In BAL, Weddle did make a lot of big plays. But whenever they given up a big play, you know right away who fault is that and who was out of position.
                              Last edited by vinabolt; 12-06-2017, 09:38 PM.
                              Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by Fleet View Post

                                Didnt Weddle claim that as long as TT and McCoy were here he wouldn't return? I dont remember the situation. I thought he said that in an interview. I specially remember most of this forum being over both sides and the way they handled it. Weddles agent didnt help matters from what i remember. This place was enraged over Weddles behavior. No doubt hes a good player....but at what point is he no longer a team player here? And only thinking about himself? Didnt he chase the money anyways? No way we would have matched that offer from the Ravens.

                                He missed 3 games in the middle of 2015 and then we tried to trade him. Or put it out there that he was available. Everything after that just sort of went south. I think he felt that he was in a position to do whatever he wanted. Maybe he felt above the staff i dont know. But it was a pretty dramatic last year here for him. And it wasnt like he was killing it on the field for us. He was missing tackles. Missing games, He just didnt look like himself. And wanted a huge payday obviously. Its easy to look back and say we should have kept him. But he didnt go out playing at the level he is now. So my point stands....maybe he needed the drama to up his game.

                                You think he had something to prove? Clearly....coming out saying he will never talk with the Org again was pretty motivating obviously. Because it seemed as if both Rodney and Weddle upped their games after leaving.
                                He didnít chase the money. He was a good player, a loyal player and a pro bowl caliber player. He didnít have his best season, neither did Rodney in his last season in SD.

                                He he was treated like crap from a organization that isnít the most player friendly.

                                And McCoy was probably the worst HC this team has had in decades
                                Hashtag thepowderblues

                                Comment


                                • #76
                                  Fuck Weddle.

                                  Comment


                                  • #77
                                    Originally posted by blueman View Post
                                    Fuck Weddle.
                                    He went from being one of my favorite Chargers of all time to sharing your sentiments with how he acted his last year here.

                                    Comment


                                    • Jagged
                                      Jagged commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      My sentiments also. I seem to remember that there was a feeling that he thought he was above the team.

                                  • #78
                                    Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                                    He didnít chase the money. He was a good player, a loyal player and a pro bowl caliber player. He didnít have his best season, neither did Rodney in his last season in SD.

                                    He he was treated like crap from a organization that isnít the most player friendly.

                                    And McCoy was probably the worst HC this team has had in decades
                                    Well its in the past. Nothing we can do about it now. Good for him for winning the award i guess. But it happens im guessing. Players go to other teams and play well. No question McCoy was terrible.

                                    Im just glad we seem to be turning a page and looking forward as a team now. Things are looking up for us. Im finally starting to feel good about this team.
                                    Lele Me Ka Aeto

                                    Comment


                                    • #79
                                      Yeah, he didnít really chase the money. He got no where near in FA that he thought he would get, nor anywhere close
                                      to what we paid him. We treated him soooooo horribly that we paid him the highest in the league at his position. Oh the horror. He acted like a little bitch. Fuck him.

                                      Comment


                                      • #80
                                        How's Danny Woodhead doing?

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X