• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    fender57
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
    After watching Cleveland, Baltimore, Houston, Saint Louis twice , LA 3 times and now San Diego I don't get attracted to a team based on location. The only team guaranteed not to be bought and moved is Green Bay. If it hurts too much take that into account.
    Easy for you to say to locals who lived in a location their whole lives loving a team that was a fabric of their community and lives.

Comment

• chargerkdb
      Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Hotter than hell, Georgia
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
      Easy for you to say to locals who lived in a location their whole lives loving a team that was a fabric of their community and lives.
      Your right it is. I was a military brat who moved every few years except for 5 years in Virginia and did 24 years in the service myself. I don't have a hometown. My homes were on bases, most of which have closed down. I sympathize with you, I was jealous for many years that you had something I never did. But don't say shit like I don't understand because I didn't love the Chargers as much because I'm not from the community, that's bullshit.

But in the big scheme of things, it's a game, it's entertainment, it's recreation. The Chargers are like 2 hours away from you. They didn't die and your community didn't close. So yes it is easy for me to say that. Not every Charger fan is a San Diegan.

Comment

fender57
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Your right it is. I was a military brat who moved every few years except for 5 years in Virginia and did 24 years in the service myself. I don't have a hometown. My homes were on bases, most of which have closed down. I sympathize with you, I was jealous for many years that you had something I never did. But don't say shit like I don't understand because I didn't love the Chargers as much because I'm not from the community, that's bullshit.

But in the big scheme of things, it's a game, it's entertainment, it's recreation. The Chargers are like 2 hours away from you. They didn't die and your community didn't close. So yes it is easy for me to say that. Not every Charger fan is a San Diegan.
        Yup, you don't get it for sure.

Comment

• chargerkdb
          Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I get it. In fact I still got it. It's just in LA now. I'm a Charger fan. If they rebrand I'm out but otherwise the 50 years I've invested in the team continues.

Comment

fender57
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I get it. In fact I still got it. It's just in LA now. I'm a Charger fan. If they rebrand I'm out but otherwise the 50 years I've invested in the team continues.
            Sorry, you don't get it. You just stated a position about how you'll follow them in whatever town they play in but it has nothing to do with what I stated.

Comment

fender57
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Furthermore, what difference does it make if they rebrand? It's still the same team/franchise with history intact, no?

Comment

• boldarblood
                Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                Agreed. But what the NFL did to Baltimore was a dick move also.

But the NFL took care of Cleveland quickly. What did the NFL do for Baltimore? What's the NFL going to do for San Diego? Not a fucking thing in both cases.

Baltimore did what it had to do to get football back. What they did was the only thing they could do. It was the only option available.

Cleveland had some of the most loyal fans ever. The Dog Pound is just legendary. The fans turned out regardless of winning, losing, owner, etc.

San Diego fans, while we do have some that are as loyal and rabid as any fan group. Generally speaking we also have the most apathetic, fair weather, wishy-washy group of fans (pick whatever word you want).

Our players were having to deal with away games at home for years now. Now we know the reasons, bad ownership, bad product on the field, etc. But from purely a business point of view, what motivation does NFL have to get a team here. I believe that NFL looks at San Diego and realizes we are never going to get anything done. I also don't think San Diego has ANY chance of a NFL team, be it expansion or relocation until we have a Stadium plan in place utilizing public funds.

Now I don't agree with a lot of what I said their, I think its wrong. But just being realistic about it. I think we are a minimum of 20 years from getting a chance at NFL in San Diego again.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                  Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Furthermore, what difference does it make if they rebrand? It's still the same team/franchise with history intact, no?
                  Furthermore my balls. I was actually conversing with Formula Two One. I said I felt sorry for San Diego fans who lost a sports team. I've been a lifelong Charger fan. Because I'm not a local that doesn't count, you have some secret fucking handshake I haven't known about for the last 50 years.

Comment

fender57
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Furthermore my balls. I was actually conversing with Formula Two One. I said I felt sorry for San Diego fans who lost a sports team. I've been a lifelong Charger fan. Because I'm not a local that doesn't count, you have some secret fucking handshake I haven't known about for the last 50 years.
                    I thought you responded to My post? I'll spell it out for you - your self admitted nomadic history, you have no idea what you're talking about in regards to your ignorant "200 miles up the freeway" comment.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

I believe you. I see your love of the Bolts. I hope you continue to follow them.

And the difference between now and the 90s is the internet. Today, you can get the daily news on your team and watch them every week. In the 90s, if you weren't in town, you lost your daily connection..
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                        Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I thought you responded to My post? I'll spell it out for you - your self admitted nomadic history, you have no idea what you're talking about in regards to your ignorant "200 miles up the freeway" comment.
                        I didn't respond to your post. Being second generation career military is "self admitted nomadic history"? Here I was thinking it was public service. I spent years (20 overseas) getting up early in the morning or staying up until 2 in the morning on a work night following the Chargers. Buying the Stars and Stripes on a Tuesday so I could get an article on Sunday's Chargers game. Being across the international dateline and trying to catch glimpses of highlights on Armed Forces Network. I could give a fuck about the fabric of life and community, I'm a diehard Chargers fan. Also don't put quotation marks around a statement I didn't make. The team is 2 hours or so away from San Diego. Make a small fucking sacrifice to travel to see them since the team is a fabric of your life and community or shut the fuck up and stop butting into my conversations. Get it?

Comment

fender57
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

I didn't respond to your post. Being second generation career military is "self admitted nomadic history"? Here I was thinking it was public service. I spent years (20 overseas) getting up early in the morning or staying up until 2 in the morning on a work night following the Chargers. Buying the Stars and Stripes on a Tuesday so I could get an article on Sunday's Chargers game. Being across the international dateline and trying to catch glimpses of highlights on Armed Forces Network. I could give a fuck about the fabric of life and community, I'm a diehard Chargers fan. Also don't put quotation marks around a statement I didn't make. The team is 2 hours or so away from San Diego. Make a small fucking sacrifice to travel to see them since the team is a fabric of your life and community or shut the fuck up and stop butting into my conversations. Get it?
                          Yeah, you don't get it, just as I said.

This is a message board. I didn't realize I stumbled into a private message.

Oh, thanks for your service. Doesn't make your point relevant but thanks.

Comment

Working...
                          X