• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boldarblood
    Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post
    Eric Weddle is nothing more than an overrated whining, classless bitch, period. He would shit on this franchise whether they were in San Diego or LA or anywhere else. He certainly isn't doing any favors for current or former Charger fans or for the city of San Diego itself. His entire agenda is only about himself.
    I agree with you on everything you have said, just cut the quote down a bit. Great points.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I still hate that Tommy T and McCoy didn't bring him back. It was a mistake:

Ravens FS Eric Weddle was named AFC Defensive Player of the Week for Week 13. Weddle had a huge game against the Lions on Sunday, recording a strip-sack of Matthew Stafford and a pick-six while also allowing just one catch for six yards in his coverage. Weddle has been a great signing for the Ravens the past two years, creating 12 turnovers -- nine INTs and three fumbles.
      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• RollingThunder
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
        I still hate that Tommy T and McCoy didn't bring him back. It was a mistake:

Ravens FS Eric Weddle was named AFC Defensive Player of the Week for Week 13. Weddle had a huge game against the Lions on Sunday, recording a strip-sack of Matthew Stafford and a pick-six while also allowing just one catch for six yards in his coverage. Weddle has been a great signing for the Ravens the past two years, creating 12 turnovers -- nine INTs and three fumbles.
        Perfectly happy with our current group of CBs and Safeties.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post

Perfectly happy with our current group of CBs and Safeties.
          Weddle is better than Boston
          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Weddle > Boston. That said, his production has been covered by Casey Hayward, albeit in a different position. I still think Weddle and the Chargers could have handled his situation differently, as in actually talking, but player performance after age 30 often drops off the cliff, without warning. I would have paid him to stay, but the Chargers needed to build their legal warchest.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Weddle > Boston... but that paying him to stay part:
              Weddle: 5.75m (+3.5m dead cap after)
              Boston: <1m total.

I never liked having so much tied into a Safety either.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Windsor, U.K.
                • Send PM

Spanos are rubbish!
                Spending that money on Weddle would have been rubbish as well.
                We're right where we should be.

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

I dont know...i wonder if a change of scenery did him some good? Maybe he needed the humility. It happens. He was not impressive towards the end here. And many here were vocal about it. It happens all the time that players get their mojo back when they are cut or not brought back. I like that Boston is so young. I think he is getting better. He's a vocal leader. This secondary is closer than every. And he was a big reason why they are so close. Hes a huge leader this year for us. I love when hes on NFLN. Im not saying hes great....but hes made some plays. I cant but think what our secondary would look like with a DT that is causing so much havoc that Ingram and Bosa are routinely forcing QBs to throw up ducks.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                    I dont know...i wonder if a change of scenery did him some good? Maybe he needed the humility. It happens. He was not impressive towards the end here. And many here were vocal about it. It happens all the time that players get their mojo back when they are cut or not brought back. I like that Boston is so young. I think he is getting better. He's a vocal leader. This secondary is closer than every. And he was a big reason why they are so close. Hes a huge leader this year for us. I love when hes on NFLN. Im not saying hes great....but hes made some plays. I cant but think what our secondary would look like with a DT that is causing so much havoc that Ingram and Bosa are routinely forcing QBs to throw up ducks.
                    Boston is also a free agent.

The head coach and Tommy did Weddle wrong.
                    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                      Boston is also a free agent.

The head coach and Tommy did Weddle wrong.
                      Maybe they did. I dont know the whole story. But he seemed to be tailing off in this defense. Maybe he was hurt i dont know. All im saying is that sometimes its a new environment or maybe some sort of anger that helps a player get back on top. I was tired of the missed open field tackles.

We will need to get Boston signed as i dont expect a rookie FS to come in an make an impact right off the start.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Things were already contentious between Weddle and McCoy -- the Chargers had put Weddle on injured reserve in Week 17, even though he thought he was healthy enough to play -- and they reached kind of a boiling point in the hot tub.

Here's what happened, according to Weddle.
                        "What are you guys still doing here?" McCoy said, according to Weddle.

"We're figuring out the roster for next year," Weddle said. "And you have a lot of work to do."

Then McCoy surprised him.

"Where are you going to go next year?" he said. "Any particular team you want to go to?"
                        Followed by a meeting with Telesco in which Tommy said that Weddle had a lot of mileage on his body.

====

He obviously still has a lot to give. I agree with the thought of getting rid of a guy a year early but both Rodney and Weddle have shown they weren't near done.

Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Another McLoser fuckup.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞