Clear All
  • SDFan
    Woober Goober
    • Jun 2013
    • Dolores, CO
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Attack View Post
    Gino Smith would have been a good back-up QB, compared to what we have right now.
    Berco Time!
    Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Panamamike
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post

With Austin's great hands and top notch speed and quickness, I think the Bolts have to find a spot for him on the PS and train him for next year. Could he be a top slot receiver? I hate to see an athlete go to waste when all he is missing is experience. Get him the ball in space and let him go.

And two other UDFAs seem to make lots of plays too, Artavis Scott and Mitchell Page. The Charger's just seem to get lucky when it comes to finding receivers.
      he could be a very good chance of pace guy out of the backfield a la Sproles. i would like to see some carries in the 4th preseason game.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Gino Smith blows.
        11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
        35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
        37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
        66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
        69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
        105 Brenden Rice WR - USC
        110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
        140 Hunter Nourzad OC - Penn st
        181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
        225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
          Gino Smith blows.
          he very well could. But it was hard to tell his only year starting, as a rookie, with perhaps the worst collection of offensive talent in the league that year.

Santonio Holmes (had packed it in after his payday)
          Cotchery
          Amaro (rookie TE that has done nada and has been released) some other plumbers
          Chris Ivory

When they got some talent, he got his jaw broke, and the rest is history. He never got a chance to play with Decker and Marshall etc.

as I like to say....ya can't shine shit.

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Eric D. Williams ESPN Staff Writer

Chargers head coach Anthony Lynn said right tackle Joe Barksdale has a sore foot and is day to day. Barksdale did not practice today, but left tackle Russell Okung (ankle) returned to practice

4h
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

I'll be so much happier when this crap they sell as preseason football is over. And no wonder they can't sell out the tiny bowl, full price for this crap?
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

2017 Chargers Training Camp Awards@ChargersRHenne), Hayley Elwood (@ChargersHElwood), Chris Hayre (@ChrisHayre)@DuranSports) weighed in with who stood out this summer.

Offensive MVP
                  Ricky Henne: Hunter HenryHayley Elwood: Travis BenjaminChris Hayre: Philip RiversKeenan AllenBeto Duran: Philip RiversThough we haven't seen much of him in games, the way he practices and leads stands out. Precision passing during drills, hitting receivers in stride and so much more.

Defensive MVP
                  Ricky Henne: Casey HaywardMelvin IngramHayley Elwood: Melvin IngramJoey BosaChris Hayre: Joey Bosa and Melvin IngramBeto Duran: Joey BosaLove watching him during drills. High motor, never stops working. Could see the frustration from some of the offensive linemen when battling Bosa.

Most Impressive Rookie
                  Ricky Henne: Desmond KingHayley Elwood: Desmond KingChris Hayre: Desmond KingBeto Duran: Desmond KingHe's always around the ball! Taking advantage of playing time when starters were resting and learning the playbook. Looks like the fifth-round pick is proving that combine numbers can be misleading.

Most Surprising Player
                  Ricky Henne: Desmond KingKyle Emanuel and Jatavis BrownHayley Elwood: Artavis ScottGeremy DavisChris Hayre: Travis BenjaminUnsung Hero
                  Ricky Henne: Sean CulkinAntonio Gates and Hunter Henry top the depth chart, the next three tight ends on the roster in Sean McGrath, Jeff Cumberland and Asante ClevelandHayley Elwood: Chris McCainChris Hayre: Branden OliverThe importance of running the football during the regular season cannot be overstated. Oliver had an excellent camp, bouncing back remarkably from an Achilles injury in preseason last year. He provides needed depth behind Melvin Gordon, and adds big-play ability to an already potent offense.
                  Beto Duran: Tre Boston
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Congrats to Sean Culkin. It looks like he'll be a UDFA that makes the team this year.

Isaah Burse looks to be in trouble. Not only does he have a bad shoulder, he may have been outplayed by Davis and Scott. I'd look for one of those two to make the squad over him.

Desmond King. What's his position and does he start week one? You have to put your playmakers on the field.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Saw that award list this morning. Desmond King sure seems to be impressing just about everyone. I also love the love that Bosa and Ingram are getting. Ingram just seems to be getting better, which is a good thing. Hopefully our new DC gets more out of our D this season.

Comment

• Panamamike
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

We are going to pound the living crap out of Denver in 18 days.

Comment

• whitelightning
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2017
                          • Clayton North Carolina. Grew up in San Diego and still call it home!
                          • Retired.
                          • Send PM

I'm having a really tough time getting into this new season as far as the Bolt's are concerned. I can't even call them by the new given city name. I have nothing against the player's or the city, just the shitheads that own them. Hopefully as the season progresses I might be able to get more excited but right now it's like a bad dream come true, she is missing her teeth and has warts all over her face! No offense to anyone living or otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                          X