For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

I dont think Feeney is signed yet is he? I moved this thread to the main forum to discuss.

Comment

• Rugger05
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
          I dont think Feeney is signed yet is he? I moved this thread to the main forum to discuss.

Correct. He is the only one not signed yet

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

The best complimentary plays to zone runs are power. The DL/OLB come flying down the backside of the line, trying to tackle the RB from behind when they cut back on the zone run.

So, the power run tries to counter back at the guy as he comes down the line hard. Bring the OG pulling or have the RB counter step behind another pulling OL or TE.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • SoDak
              • Technology Director
              • Send PM

What I've been reading is that they kind of like him at Center? That does put some wind behind the sails of those who are thinking Tuerk hasn't progressed well?
              "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Rugger05
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
                What I've been reading is that they kind of like him at Center? That does put some wind behind the sails of those who are thinking Tuerk hasn't progressed well?
                I think they like Pulley at C right now.

I see the line going into camp the following:

LT- Okung LG- Slauson C-Pulley RG- Lamp RT- Barksdale.

It will be very fluid situation through camp and preseason, but I believe that is how they will line up to start camp. I think they have Pulley ahead of Fenney because he has a year of NFL experience under his belt. That leaves Turek, Clark, Fenney, Harriston as back ups.

In the 2018 season I can see them letting Slauson walk and insert Fenney at LG

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

That's me. And I see no reason to tack.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                    Fluent in Sarcasm
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Iowa
                    • Man of the People
                    • Send PM

I don't think they necessarily like him at C, I think they were just using OTAs to see if he had any knack for the position. Outside of the rookie days I haven't heard any word about Feeney playing C, with Tuerk getting the second team reps there.

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

Going into last season (on paper), the only options we had at C were Tuerk and then Slausson, once we signed him. Now we have Slausson, Tuerk, Pulley, Feeney, Lamp... They have to find a way to get the best 5 guys on the field, so someone may have to play out of position. Not to mention, they may eventually find that Feeney and Lamp's best positions are not at C, similar to the way that Slausson's best spot is OG, not C.

The line will still be in flux the next couple of seasons. Okung is on a short term deal and we still need to find a replacement for Barksdale. They can start at OT for now, but that just shows how thin OT was in the draft.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                        Charger Fan till the end
                        • Jun 2013
                        • North Carolina
                        • Send PM

I think having Okung and Barksdale as tackles penciled in now gives all the more reason to give Lamp a real shot at the RT position now. I'm not happy with Barksdale being a starter at all. We really need to build the OT talent up and I think Lamp can do it...that leaves more of an opportunity for Feeney to fight for an inside position too where we have more depth.

I'm thinking this may be where we end up.

LT Okung/Hairston
                        LG Slausson
                        Center Pulley or Tuerk....I dont care...battle it out..If Pulley has really improved from his surprise starts last year thats a plus for us. Would like Tuerk to get his chance to compete though.
                        RG Feeney hopefully gets in here but wouldnt surprise me if Tuerk is given a fair shot here too given his draft status and skills he was drafted for plus he's got the mental reps and prep over Feeney even though he didnt play last year.
                        RT Lamp/Barksdale

That leaves Burwell, Clark, Tevi, Wiggins to fight for 1 to 2 positions (9 or 10 OL). Tevi I think could get PS duty to develop and I doubt would get snatched up. I can see us even releasing a Hairston or Barksdale if they think for cap relief if they dont show any better than Burwell, Clark and Wiggins.

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Who knows. Pulley had 25 straight starts at RG in college. Maybe Feeney at OC and Pulley at RG makes sense when all is said and done. Feeney is a very cerebral player and will probably pick things up fairly quickly. Pulley has some similarities to John Miller the RG in Buffalo. Smaller more nimble player with good feet. Cutting his teeth at Center probably helps Pulley transition to RG. I think Lamp would beat out Barksdale at RT no problem.

Thing is.....if Lamp is Zack Martin at OG just set it and forget it. The addition of Martin and Frederick on that Dallas OL was the turning point for them. They had really struggled to pick up Callahans zone scheme until those 2 players were drafted.

I think Feeney and Lamp are our version of those 2 players.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍