• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
    You see at that age i was just a fan of good football players. I didnt even know what fan hometown loyalty was until much later. I fell in love with the Chargers in the early 80's. Because we were so exciting to watch.
    Same here. At 5 I became a fan of the Steelers because I collected football cars. I was obsessed with football cards. I remember a babysitter giving me $2 because her boyfriend came over and I walked a few miles to get my football cards. 1981 was the year I became a Chargers fan
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
      Same here. At 5 I became a fan of the Steelers because I collected football cars. I was obsessed with football cards. I remember a babysitter giving me $2 because her boyfriend came over and I walked a few miles to get my football cards. 1981 was the year I became a Chargers fan
      Absolutely the same. I collected as well. Staubach, Dorsett and all the Steelers. Those were the good cards to me. I was obsessed with those guys. My ties to the Chargers are childlike.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Absolutely the same. I collected as well. Staubach, Dorsett and all the Steelers. Those were the good cards to me. I was obsessed with those guys. My ties to the Chargers are childlike.
        I still have my favorite cards. Probably 10-12 Franco Harris
        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

I still have my favorite cards. Probably 10-12 Franco Harris
          Lost all of my stuff. My sister bought my moms house and never even looked at what was in the boxes in the attic. My collection would have been worth coin. Even 15 years ago when she bought the house. I was bummed i was too busy at that time to even remember the cards were still up there.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Lost all of my stuff. My sister bought my moms house and never even looked at what was in the boxes in the attic. My collection would have been worth coin. Even 15 years ago when she bought the house. I was bummed i was too busy at that time to even remember the cards were still up there.
            Most of mine was lost in a house fire but I had a handful in a Six Million Dollar man lunchbox that was in my car. OJ, Ahmad Rashad, Art Shell, Bradshaw, Dierdorf, Matusak, Dorsett, Alzado, Griese, Csonka, Theisman, Fouts..etc
            Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Most of mine was lost in a house fire but I had a handful in a Six Million Dollar man lunchbox that was in my car. OJ, Ahmad Rashad, Art Shell, Bradshaw, Dierdorf, Matusak, Dorsett, Alzado, Griese, Csonka, Theisman, Fouts..etc
              Nice. I remember the fire. Frisco area. How are the boys? You still in Denver area?

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Nice. I remember the fire. Frisco area. How are the boys? You still in Denver area?
                Yeah, it was SF. The boys are good. Still in Denver. My youngest is obsessed with becoming a professional basketball player and practices for 3+ hours everyday. Even though he will likely be the size of Spud Webb
                Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Yeah, it was SF. The boys are good. Still in Denver. My youngest is obsessed with becoming a professional basketball player and practices for 3+ hours everyday. Even though he will likely be the size of Spud Webb
                  Haha thats hilarious. Get him into rugby. He can be a perfect scrumhalf.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Don't ever sit behind Matusak while watching a game. That dude was HUGE! I was trying to watch the Chargers play at Arrowhead in 1974 or 75 and Matusak was always in the way when he was on the sidelines.

I cannot imagine what it's like to see that guy coming after me if I'm on offense. He dwarfed everyone.

FLEET: relatives who don't know the game kinda suck at keeping cards around. My brother actually sold my baseball and football cards for drug money after I went into the Army. I had a lot of 1969 baseball cards along with early 70's football cards. There was some good money there.
                    For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

I don't have my cards anymore either. My favorites as a kid were these over-sized ones called Marketcom Mini-Posters.

MINI-POSTERS-MC.jpg

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Haha thats hilarious. Get him into rugby. He can be a perfect scrumhalf.
                        Maybe. Probably the toughest most determined person I've ever met

He'll make a great business person
                        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• bolts4lyfe
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2017
                          • Send PM

Noob question, how do I change my avatar ?

Comment

Working...
                          X