• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    I'm glad he's gone too. I thought he took too many reps that could have gone to Wiggins, Pulley, .... he'll anyone else who might have benefitted from more playing time. But we kept puttiing him back into the lineup, he wasn't playing well, and he just took reps from everyone else, all of whom were playing better than he was.

Before anyone says anything, I realize Wiggins and Pulley are probably nothing special. The point is just that overall anyone else would have benefitted from the playing time more and gotten better results for the team (and been cheaper).
    I recently went over the Senior Bowl game film and really focused on Feeney. The difference in foot speed between him and Franklin is night and day. Feeney moves like a cat and is almost always into the LBs or pass blocking 2 guys in that game. He saved Motons ass a few times. Made his block and then like a cat makes his way to assist Moton vs a DE. And always being mindful of his gap. I think his pass protection will be better than run blocking and with how Rivers loves to step up into the pocket he may pay dividends very early. He looks like a smaller OT playing guard based on the way he moves. I dont see a lot of road grader in him. Thats fine because Zack Martin is similar.

Listening to Jeremiah he really sounded like he felt Lamp belonged at OT. I agree. The short arm theory really means nothing to me in todays NFL. You look at some of the top pass rushers and they are small and quick. Beasley etc. I think foot speed and being quick off the snap along with great hands will go along way against the smaller LB rush types.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Originally posted by antonio.grillo.n View Post
      Me too. I don't think Denver would let him go the way they did for no reason. Dude is another lazy body.

Enviado de meu Moto G Play usando Tapatalk
      Hey welcome to the forum man. Good to have you.

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

I recently went over the Senior Bowl game film and really focused on Feeney. The difference in foot speed between him and Franklin is night and day. Feeney moves like a cat and is almost always into the LBs or pass blocking 2 guys in that game. He saved Motons ass a few times. Made his block and then like a cat makes his way to assist Moton vs a DE. And always being mindful of his gap. I think his pass protection will be better than run blocking and with how Rivers loves to step up into the pocket he may pay dividends very early. He looks like a smaller OT playing guard based on the way he moves. I dont see a lot of road grader in him. Thats fine because Zack Martin is similar.

Listening to Jeremiah he really sounded like he felt Lamp belonged at OT. I agree. The short arm theory really means nothing to me in todays NFL. You look at some of the top pass rushers and they are small and quick. Beasley etc. I think foot speed and being quick off the snap along with great hands will go along way against the smaller LB rush types.
        I don't know what it is exactly, but the combination of foot speed, balance, body position, patience, leverage...... both Lamp and Feeney are in much better position to control their man than any OG we have had in a long time. Then add in that both of them will probably eventually be able to play all along the line.... they are both just great picks.

I agree that Feeney is not a pure road grader, but I do think he set up his blocks to make some huge holes because he can really get his guy positioned out of the hole and engaged. I think the road grader thing is way too over blown most of the time anyway. We have Slausson if we need that anyway.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

I don't know what it is exactly, but the combination of foot speed, balance, body position, patience, leverage...... both Lamp and Feeney are in much better position to control their man than any OG we have had in a long time. Then add in that both of them will probably eventually be able to play all along the line.... they are both just great picks.

I agree that Feeney is not a pure road grader, but I do think he set up his blocks to make some huge holes because he can really get his guy positioned out of the hole and engaged. I think the road grader thing is way too over blown most of the time anyway. We have Slausson if we need that anyway.
          Agree. I love the versatility of our rookies. I hope we can for once field a very solid interior. I thought Hardwick and Clary were pretty solid for us. And Dunlap had a good year at LT in 2013. I think our OL struggles and inability to run in the playoffs were what killed us. Now we seem to have some interior depth as well. Hoping for a strong OL push this season.

Comment

Working...
          X