• Show
Clear All
  • Maverick
    (Coryellian)
    • Jun 2013
    • Point Loma
    • Send PM

Inglewood stadium opening delayed until 2020 due to rain....lol

My guess is that at some point, the Chargers find some way to come back to SD (with or without new owners) before this stadium is ever even built. I just can't see them surviving in a 30k seat soccer venue for the next 3 years.
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

I don't know about financially, but the fan experience in a 30000 seat stadium should be great.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Maverick
      (Coryellian)
      • Jun 2013
      • Point Loma
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
      I don't know about financially, but the fan experience in a 30000 seat stadium should be great.
      The seats should be a lot more comfortable there too, given the big chunk that will be missing from your wallet.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Im honestly looking forward to going to a small venue. Going to games with 30K plus other teams fans got pretty old. Will that change? Maybe not...but i expect it will if we win. But when i have tickets i go win or lose. They dont have to be winning for me to support them. Sort of like Padre fans. lol

Id love for them to come home though. I just doubt that happens.

Comment

• RTPbolt
          Charger Fan till the end
          • Jun 2013
          • North Carolina
          • Send PM

I doubt it changes much. Unles they do so well they want to get into a bigger stadium to capitalize on revenue for year 3. Bit of a bummer. Id think getting in even if midseason would still be a goal.

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Los Angeles Times (via SportsBusiness Daily), the Rams may decide to delay the debut of their new uniforms by a year, coinciding with the opening of the stadium. Instead, the Rams may wear blue helmets with white horns but their current blue, white, and gold jerseys and pants not just for the next two years but for the next three. As noted by Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch (via SportsBusiness Daily), the Rams also will be required to host an international game in 2019, under the rule that every team playing in a temporary stadium must play a home game internationally.

Philip Rivers

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

I don't think the small stadium will have much effect on their money situation. I read an article that said they would make money in LA if nobody came to their games.

Comment

• bonehead
                Undrafted
                • Jul 2013
                • TBD
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                I don't think the small stadium will have much effect on their money situation. I read an article that said they would make money in LA if nobody came to their games.
                Of course they'll make money but this delay will have them losing money they were already counting on...don't think for a second that doesn't burn Deanos ass
                Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• bonehead
                  Undrafted
                  • Jul 2013
                  • TBD
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

The one thing I didn't think about that PFT brings up is the chance that PR might not ever throw a pass in the new stadium
                  Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• SDFan
                    Woober Goober
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Dolores, CO
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                    I've only seen speculation in articles of how they supposedly will make tons of $ in LA no matter what because- LA!!!!. Never any actual breakdown of where it could realistically come from and not even figuring in their costs to relocate and pay the NFL relocation fee, etc. They will likely come out somewhere between small loss and small profit simply because the current TV contract basically pays the entire Salary cap allotment with some leftover, but beyond that Game day revenues and souvenir/team gear sales are the big profit drivers and make good teams in new stadiums the most profitable.
                    Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• HollywoodLeo
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Maverick View Post

The seats should be a lot more comfortable there too, given the big chunk that will be missing from your wallet.
                      Because it was sooooo cheap to attend games at the Q

Comment

• Budsman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Meh, I don't think this is a huge deal. I don't think there is any way the Chargers can get out of the lease, short of Kroenke letting them. Forget the pie in the sky chargers returning before the 15 year lease is up. The only way they come back early is if the league lets them sell after Alex passes away due to taxes and a new billionaire owner pays Kroenke off to build his own stadium.

None of of that happens soon.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡